Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers board to decide Malcolm Murray’s fate

211625766.jpg

Malcolm Murray (left) welcoming the appointment of Craig Mather as the interim chief executive last month. Picture: PA

Published on 24/05/2013 13:37

The future of Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray is again in doubt as reports of an emergency directors meeting emerged today.

• Fears that Walter Smith could leave position at Rangers

• Increasingly uneasy relationship between Murray and the board.

The embattled chairman has been under intense pressure following a bitterpower struggle for control of the Ibrox club, and it is thought the meeting could spell the end for Murray.

The Rangers board have accused Murray of inappropriate conduct such asleaking sensitive club information to newspapapers and to former director Paul Murray. He is also accused of plotting to oust finance director Brian Stockbridge, who appeared to “stitch up” the chairman by releasing video of Murray drunk on a night out.

Murray, still has backing from sections of the board - most notably former manager Walter Smith - but his increasingly precarious position with other quarters is likely to signal the end for Murray.

Walter Smith has threatened to leave his role at Rangers over the way the board has handled the attempt to remove Murray. A source told the Sun: “Murray would probably have gone by now if it wasn’t for the fact that the board are desperate for Walter Smith to stay.

“There are a lot of dirty tricks behind the scenes and at least this meeting should make people come clean about what they want.”

The 57-year-old spent most of his career in investment and pension fund management. Murray is a life long Rangers fan, so was seen as an ideal figure head for the board when appointed as non-executive chairman last June, two months after Charles Green led the purchase of the club.

Last week secret recordings were unearthed which appeared to confirm that Charles Green ally Imran Ahmad had fired Murray months ago, but Green and Ahmad had given the chairman a stay until the end of the season.

The relationship soon turned sour, with reports of unrest between Green and Murray leading to the board giving Murray a vote of no confidence after in emerged Green had made attempts to remove him.

Shockaroony

Rangers fans treated like retards here.....

Former chief executive Charles Green will be cleared of having close links with former Rangers owner Craig Whyte, BBC Scotland understands.An internal investigation, lasting more than a month, commissioned by Rangers into their business relationship has reached a conclusion.It followed allegations by Whyte that he colluded with then chief executive Green to purchase the club's assets.Green had resigned his post in the wake of the publicity surrounding the claim.Whyte's claims of collusion caused concern with fans and other board members due to his troubled reign at Ibrox.The venture capitalist led the club into administration after failing to pay PAYE and VAT - a move that led to the Scottish FA finding him guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.The report, carried out by law firm Pinsent Masons, forensic investigators Deloitte and aided by Roy Martin QC, is due to be published at some point next week.It investigated events following Rangers' move into administration last year after Whyte said he still has a claim over the club's assets - something Green has always denied.Key figures involved in the day-to-day running of the Ibrox club were interviewed.However, it is unclear to what extent Green and former commercial director Imran Ahmad, who also resigned in the weeks after Whyte's allegations, co-operated.Whyte and his business partner, Aiden Earley, were asked to participate but refused after consulting their lawyers.The team of investigators searched computer files, mobile phone records and asked for written statements for the report that is due to be published at some point next week.Attention may now turn to the cost of the investigation, which is understood to run well into six figures.Rangers, though, are hoping the inquiry will go some way to providing clarity after weeks of uncertainty.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by captain kirk

Charlotte Fakeovers ‏@CharlotteFakes 3m
@BBCchrismclaug Your report appears incorrect Chris. Aidan did give a response.http://www.scribd.com/doc/143431207/Sevco-5088-Letter-to-Stocker … Furthermore, correspondence (1/2)

@BBCchrismclaug issued to Craig Whyte has went to an invalid email address and never reached him. 3 emails in total. (2/2)

Shockaroony

Rangers fans treated like retards here.....

Former chief executive Charles Green will be cleared of having close links with former Rangers owner Craig Whyte, BBC Scotland understands.An internal investigation, lasting more than a month, commissioned by Rangers into their business relationship has reached a conclusion.It followed allegations by Whyte that he colluded with then chief executive Green to purchase the club's assets.Green had resigned his post in the wake of the publicity surrounding the claim.Whyte's claims of collusion caused concern with fans and other board members due to his troubled reign at Ibrox.The venture capitalist led the club into administration after failing to pay PAYE and VAT - a move that led to the Scottish FA finding him guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.The report, carried out by law firm Pinsent Masons, forensic investigators Deloitte and aided by Roy Martin QC, is due to be published at some point next week.It investigated events following Rangers' move into administration last year after Whyte said he still has a claim over the club's assets - something Green has always denied.Key figures involved in the day-to-day running of the Ibrox club were interviewed.However, it is unclear to what extent Green and former commercial director Imran Ahmad, who also resigned in the weeks after Whyte's allegations, co-operated.Whyte and his business partner, Aiden Earley, were asked to participate but refused after consulting their lawyers.The team of investigators searched computer files, mobile phone records and asked for written statements for the report that is due to be published at some point next week.Attention may now turn to the cost of the investigation, which is understood to run well into six figures.Rangers, though, are hoping the inquiry will go some way to providing clarity after weeks of uncertainty.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Scandalous.

Presumably the Rangers fans will be outraged at this incredible waste of money spent on pursuing two obviously innocent and honest individuals, which was no doubt motivated by envy, greed and hatred.

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

#Rangers investigation to rule no links between Whyte and Green.

Former chief executive Charles Green will be cleared of having close links with former Rangers owner Craig Whyte, BBC Scotland understands.

An internal investigation, lasting more than a month, commissioned by Rangers into their business relationship has reached a conclusion.

It followed allegations by Whyte that he colluded with then chief executive Green to purchase the club's assets.

Green had resigned his post in the wake of the publicity surrounding the claim.

Whyte's claims of collusion caused concern with fans and other board members due to his troubled reign at Ibrox.

The venture capitalist led the club into administration after failing to pay PAYE and VAT - a move that led to the Scottish FA finding him guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

The report, carried out by law firm Pinsent Masons, forensic investigators Deloitte and aided by Roy Martin QC, is due to be published at some point next week.

It investigated events following Rangers' move into administration last year after Whyte said he still has a claim over the club's assets - something Green has always denied.

Key figures involved in the day-to-day running of the Ibrox club were interviewed.

However, it is unclear to what extent Green and former commercial director Imran Ahmad, who also resigned in the weeks after Whyte's allegations, co-operated.

Whyte and his business partner, Aiden Earley, were asked to participate but refused after consulting their lawyers.

The team of investigators searched computer files, mobile phone records and asked for written statements for the report that is due to be published at some point next week.

Attention may now turn to the cost of the investigation, which is understood to run well into six figures.

Rangers, though, are hoping the inquiry will go some way to providing clarity after weeks of uncertainty.

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug 7m

#TheRangers chairman Malcolm Murray survives another bid to oust him as chairman. Board to meet again next week. Latest on ReportingScotland

This is the same BBC who are banned from Ibrox. Who is feeding the info?

Edited by AberdeenBud

Now that the "independent investigation" has concluded I suspect that "Charlotte" might start putting more information into the public domain in an attempt to discredit this 'independent' process. Of course I may be wrong.

Edited by barrysnotter

Now that the "independent investigation" has concluded I suspect that "Charlotte" might start putting more information into the public domain in an attempt to discredit this 'independent' process. Of course I may be wrong.

Is there something wrong with Pinsent Masons, Deloitte and Roy Martin QC?

Not really my area but i assumed they were all highly regarded in their fields but you appear to be implying that they are 'dodgy'...

Is there something wrong with Pinsent Masons, Deloitte and Roy Martin QC?

Not really my area but i assumed they were all highly regarded in their fields but you appear to be implying that they are 'dodgy'...

But they are hardly independent, they are working for the sevco board or to quote McCoist

"Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision. They have appointed the panel so therefore they are working for the SFA, but who are they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17829739

But they are hardly independent, they are working for the sevco board or to quote McCoist

"Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision. They have appointed the panel so therefore they are working for the SFA, but who are they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17829739

Ok Rico usually we go down 5 or 6 posts before you get to what you're really after, so lets be having it....

Ok Rico usually we go down 5 or 6 posts before you get to what you're really after, so lets be having it....

I've made my points, they clearly are not independent if they have been appointed by the Sevco board.

Mason Boyne and AWRA have found Sevco completely innocent of all allegations. When asked for their conclusion their response was to move along, as their is nothing to see here.

nothing+to+see+here.jpg

Edited by Fotbawmad

I've made my points, they clearly are not independent if they have been appointed by the Sevco board.

All investigations have to be appointed by someone, usually inhouse. So you reckon that the law firm, the forensic investigators and the QC were at it?

I believed that all 3 were highly regarded in their particular fields but if you can prove otherwise i'll listen/read what you say/type.

All investigations have to be appointed by someone, usually inhouse. So you reckon that the law firm, the forensic investigators and the QC were at it?

I believed that all 3 were highly regarded in their particular fields but if you can prove otherwise i'll listen/read what you say/type.

All i've said is that these people are working on behalf of the sevco board, so can't be considered as independent

Bunnet, their fields may not be that highly thought of...

Did you really really think there would be any other outcome ?

Any other verdict would mean you supported 3 clubs in 3 years.