Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I seem to remember Rangers fans greetin when the transfer embargo was enforced on the club and then came the cries of we'll be relegated from the SPL with the players they had left and then decided they wanted 3rd division football because they thought it would kill the SPL off completely because Rangers would not be in it as well as they were sure they would win the 3rd division at a canter.It would appear that the fear of getting pumped left right & centre in the SPL as well as the fear of relegation from the SPL was the motivation for 3rd division footy with the wankfest of the SPL going bust because Rangers were not in the SPL.

You have a warped memory.

I always thought SFL3 was the correct place for us to go if liquidation became a reality, virtually every poll suggested the same and every Rangers fan I know thought likewise.

The reasons? it was the correct thing to happen.

And don't forget the Rangers fans also said we'll take SPL football only with no punishments at all :blink: .

The only reason Rangers played in the 3rd division Tedi is because of the now famous diddy revolt voted not to allow Sevco Scotland into the SPL and then voted not to allow them in the 1st division ! it wasn't because it was the correct thing to do it was because the other fans wanted Rangers to start in the 3rd division.

I always thought SFL3 was the correct place for us to go if liquidation became a reality, virtually every poll suggested the same and every Rangers fan I know thought likewise.

Indeed, Tedders. And so said the overwhelming majority of us. I also remember plenty of us, at the time, acknowledging our culpability.

Indeed, Tedders. And so said the overwhelming majority of us. I also remember plenty of us, at the time, acknowledging our culpability.

And everyone else recalls rangers threats of death to Scottish football if you weren't allowed into th SPL, with your relentless media campaign of club mouthpieces on tv and in press banging on about clubs going to the wall and no sky deal.

Well it all depends on how pedantic you can be or how you define "cheat".

I know how I define it. No pedantry involved.

You know the definition of the 'cheats' and the 'cheating' we are talking about.

You will probably now proceed to do the Angels Dancing on the Point of a Pin arguments of defelction and denial.

Heard it, ad nauseum.

Don't Care.

Old Dead Rangers = Cheats.

And everyone else recalls rangers threats of death to Scottish football if you weren't allowed into th SPL, with your relentless media campaign of club mouthpieces on tv and in press banging on about clubs going to the wall and no sky deal.

I think this was Doncaster.

You have a warped memory.

You have a selective memory :1eye .

A good few Rangers fans thought by playing in the 3rd division would definitely see the SPL go bust :lol: .Also when they saw that the transfer embargo would see them watch the worst ever Rangers team in the SPL they shat a huge brick at the thought of actually being relegated from the SPL :lol: .

Choices were watching the worst Rangers team in the SPL ever with a transfer embargo and the real threat of being relegated with a badly depleted squad OR dominate the SFL playing the youth with consecutive back to back promotions and a full set of SFL titles and the prospect of the SPL going bust.You chose the latter didn't you BD ?.

We're not cheats.

Only because the evidence presented to LNS in the 'kangaroo' court meant you couldn't retroactively block player registration, therefore it was only an admin error on the clubs (not company) behalf.

This was punished (yay an actual punishment, not a perceived one) by a fine against the old company.

The not cheating is like the found 'not guilty' in the FTT.

You were found guilty and might I add didn't contest, the bulk of cases.

You were found not guilty on lack of evidence suggesting these were side payments and only 2-1 victory at that.

Evidently given the above goings on.

The spl no longer pursue their case as its completed within their own flawed laws and the HMRC obviously think that they have been diddled and have appealed.

I do feel sorry for some rangers fans as they are being battered pillar to post with each new revelation but then we get some arrogant attitudes that seem to reset me to the default position of 'f**k em'.

What the future holds for sevco/ the rangers given the docs from Charlotte fakes, should they be real, should be interesting and again sympathy for the fans is diminished with some cringeworthy comments coming from some corners. Which is a pity as some of you carry yourselves well.

Sent from ma phone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Sorry how can I forget something that was never my view?

It was the correct thing to do and was the wishes of the vast majority of Rangers fans, pretend something different if you wish.

Sorry but a good few bears I know last year at this time were promoting SPL football with no sanctions at all or we will take 3rd division footy and watch the SPL go bust.

And if you are promoting the correct thing to do then the club should have been liquidated as what happened to Gretna & Airdireonians in the same circumstances as Rangers ! insolvency Tedi :P .

I think this was Doncaster.

It was indeed cockwomble. That irritable man who seems to think that he could guarantee old firm games as part of a rights package regardless.

Why the original deal was never signed and £2m of additional revenue(or was it 3?) was lost.

He should have went for that alone.

Instead we had scaremongering which almost put off investment in the SPL.

Again he should have gone for his failings there.

Think he only survived due to the sevco story being added to the offered football package.

Bet the rangers fans were sickened to find that what promised to be a season of 3 kick offs had the inevitable tv scheduling changes.

Sent from ma phone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I got you mixed up with another poster with a similar name, realised i'd f**ked up and set the record straight. Thats not lying so i suggest you get over yourself.

x x x

It's not just that though. There's the repetitive drivel suggesting that fans had promised to somehow sell out their grounds if Rangers weren't treated leniently.

There's the explicit disdain shown for the idea of treating people with respect.

And there are the frequent suggestions that I in fact support Celtic, a charge I find really objectionable.

It wasn't ever thus. You've changed Bennett - you've changed.

Thats not what I recall, most wanted to be in the SPL without punishments. When they started to see signs of the diddy revolt and chairman contenplating 5 years of crippling sanctions, and the strong liklihood of seeing The Rangers being relagated from the SPL. Only then did they realise that division 3 would be best after all. The right thing happened in the end, but for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Perhaps a few but the as I said earlier the polls suggest the vast majority thought SFL3 was the correct route should liquidation occur.

The last part is simply your view, it never happened, get over it.

Pishflaps Tedi :lol: the correct route should liquidation happen should have been the death of Rangers FC and you know it but the associations fucked things up completely by somehow separating the club from the club erm company :lol: still cracks me up that one :lol: clumpany :lol: .

So your view that should liquidation happen then SFL 3rd division footy it is ! how do you manage that opinion Tedi ? I mean liquidation only affected the company apparently and not the club !.Define how liquidation affects the club Tedi ?.

And don't forget the Rangers fans also said we'll take SPL football only with no punishments at all :blink: .

The only reason Rangers played in the 3rd division Tedi is because of the now famous diddy revolt voted not to allow Sevco Scotland into the SPL and then voted not to allow them in the 1st division ! it wasn't because it was the correct thing to do it was because the other fans wanted Rangers to start in the 3rd division.

Hellboys been buzzing gas again....

Actually, When liquidation became a reality, the correct place to go was out of the league set-up altogether & start again at the very bottom.