Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I always thought SFL3 was the correct place for us to go if liquidation became a reality, virtually every poll suggested the same and every Rangers fan I know thought likewise.

The reasons? it was the correct thing to happen.

Why was it the correct thing to happen?

I think this was Doncaster.

Here's a reminder or rangers pathetic arrogant attempt to strong arm SPL clubs gone wrong.

111 Comments

The expectation beforehand within the SPL shared by the Scottish Football Association was that the outcome would be another deferral, leaving it to the Scottish Football League clubs to accept Rangers into their ranks and sparing the top division chairmen from a decision they did not want to make.

There were also some who hoped that Rangers would be able to make sufficient case coupled with a clear and evident change of attitude for their admission to the SPL.

However and not for the first time in this saga Rangers utterly misread the mood of the other SPL clubs. The faux pas occurred despite the fact that Rangers had been briefed at a meeting on Sunday attended by two other SPL chairmen and a vice-chairman, who stressed the need for humility.

Murray, in blazer and club tie, arrived at the gathering on Wednesday with the frontman for the Sevco consortium, Charles Green who did not sport the clubs uniform and Ally McCoist, the Ibrox manager. A presentation brochure was distributed to the delegates.

The back page featured a photograph of a Rangers title win with the words We Are Rangers emblazoned across it.

Related Articles

Rangers pre-season tour cancelled 05 Jul 2012

Regan issues dire warning 04 Jul 2012

SPL clubs reject Rangers 04 Jul 2012

Timeline: Rangers in crisis 04 Jul 2012

SFA 'would have blocked Rangers into SPL' 04 Jul 2012

Everton sign Steven Naismith 04 Jul 2012

The arrogance was unbelievable, said one chairman. The atmosphere hardened immediately. Charles Green conducted himself well enough but the Rangers chairman was arrogant and dogmatic.

Another who was present told The Daily Telegraph: Some people in the room wanted a reason to make a case for Rangers but the standard of the presentation was woeful.

Ally and Charles Green were not always on the same page but that was not damaging. The chairman was another matter entirely and the brochure was substandard you could have easily knocked something better together given half an hour. It makes you wonder what kind of management team they have.

Murray, Green and McCoist absented themselves from the meeting to allow discussion, then returned for the vote and cast theirs as a proxy for Duff & Phelps, administrators of the Rangers oldco.

Only Michael Johnston of Kilmarnock gave them any sort of support with an abstention, while the other 10 clubs including those who had expressed a degree of willingness to help Rangers, voted No to the newcos admission.

The Rangers party departed and a further two-hour discussion ensued. It was constructive, said one who took part. People actually listened to one another and respected the other positions. It was a huge leap of faith for integrity and its now up to the SFA and SFL to make their decision.

Neil Doncaster, the SPL chief executive, said of the decision to refuse the newco entry: Clearly there were discussions going on between the newco and the members and ultimately that could have led to a presentation and a proposal put to clubs that they might have said yes to.

In the end the proposal put forward to the clubs was considered and they said no.

He added: I think [the vote] surprised a number of people. Money is important in professional football and I think what our chairmen have done today is put aside the short-term commercial considerations, that would ordinarily drive behaviour, ahead of the longer-term interests of their clubs and supporter involvement has clearly been a huge part of that.

Ultimately they believe they have made the right decision and one that brings a bit more clarity to an unclear world. Until we know where Rangers are playing next year we wont be able to ascertain what the damage is to the Scottish game.

A number of people have said the decision today has enhanced the reputation of the league but its not for me to say.

Celtic released a statement in which they expressed the integrity of Scottish football as the main reason behind their opposition of newco Rangers entering the SPL.

It read: Todays decision to refuse access into the SPL was an overwhelming one and demonstrates the depth of feeling amongst everyone involved in Scottish football.

Fundamentally, the Celtic Board has also been very mindful of the need to take what it believes to be the correct course of action in protecting the integrity of the game in Scotland.

Throughout the whole sequence of events leading up to todays decision the Celtic Board has been of the singular view that the integrity of the game in Scotland is of paramount importance.

The Rangers Supporters Trust, meanwhile, accused other SPL clubs of acting out of malice.

Mark Dingwall, as spokesman for the Trust, said: We are disappointed but not surprised by this decision which has been taken out of malice rather than for the greater good of the Scottish game.

Goram

"With the Sky money coming in, £1m a year, with the two gates they get with Rangers fans coming, they will not get any of that."

Goram highlighted the position of Hearts who could not afford to keep Scottish Cup-winning manager Paulo Sergio and Motherwell, who made cuts despite finishing third in the SPL, which gives them a place in the Champions League qualifiers are Rangers are now banned from Europe for the next three years.

"It just shows you the state of Scottish football," he said.

"Can they do without Rangers? I don't think so. Even the most bitter Celtic fan, I think if they are honest with themselves, they can't do without Rangers in the SPL."

Goram, who won six titles with Rangers in the 1990s, summed up his feelings over the club's imminent slide into liquidation.

"It's the worst day in the history of Rangers Football Club," he said.

"As an ex-player, as a fan, it's probably the worst day in your life. A lot of people could see it coming but now it's here it's a big blow."

Edited by captain kirk

Thats not what I recall, most wanted to be in the SPL without punishments. When they started to see signs of the diddy revolt and chairman contenplating 5 years of crippling sanctions, and the strong liklihood of seeing The Rangers being relagated from the SPL. Only then did they realise that division 3 would be best after all. The right thing happened in the end, but for all the wrong reasons.

Complete and utter tripe. It was the SPL clubs who wanted Rangers kept in the SPL but hamstrung by points deductions and financial penalties for 5 years which we were against. The so called "diddy revolt" removed that threat and done us a favour, allowing us to rebuild against easier opponents.

Starting again in SFL 3 - the vast majority of fans had no issues with that.

Being kept in the SPL but hamstrung and then getting relegated would have been soul destroying.

So thank you diddies ...

Well stop posting such utter stupidity then, even for you that post was bloody drivel.

Take your own advice Benny <_< and you never even read my posts either you just automatically post pish and deflective nonsense.

If you believe it's bloody drivel then it would appear it is your opportunity to post something debunking what I have posted instead of just posting ? pish like I have been buzzing gas or I have posted nonsense without actually offering something that proves I have posted drivel as you believe it to be.

Complete and utter tripe. It was the SPL clubs who wanted Rangers kept in the SPL but hamstrung by points deductions and financial penalties for 5 years which we were against. The so called "diddy revolt" removed that threat and done us a favour, allowing us to rebuild against easier opponents.

Starting again in SFL 3 - the vast majority of fans had no issues with that.

Being kept in the SPL but hamstrung and then getting relegated would have been soul destroying.

So thank you diddies ...

So I have been posting bloody drivel but you just confirmed what I posted earlier you fud !.

And if it was the SPL clubs who wanted Rangers kept in the SPL why did Chucky make a move to get his new club the vacant SPL place ?.

Rangers wanted SPL status you moron because of the financial difficulties that may lay ahead if they were in the SFL for too long.

So I have been posting bloody drivel but you just confirmed what I posted earlier you fud !.

And if it was the SPL clubs who wanted Rangers kept in the SPL why did Chucky make a move to get his new club the vacant SPL place ?.

Rangers wanted SPL status you moron because of the financial difficulties that may lay

ahead if they were in the SFL for too long.

A fud :lol: It proves nothing of the sort, your post is absolute incoherent nonsense...

Edited by bennett

Sorry but that is not my recollection at all, I do not really think Rangers fans cared what fans of other fans were thinking, it was more about not wanting favours from anyone.

Really I do not understand what the problem is nor why all the P & D`s are getting upset about, they wanted SFL3, Rangers fans wanted SFL3, thats what was voted for and that is what happened, I was happy with the outcome as were the vast majority of Rangers fans, all the polls suggested the same.

SFL 3 was the only viable option both in terms of whats right and in our best interests, everything should have worked out fine. Like you i can't understand why the P&Bers are so worked up about this.

We’re special, we cannot be treated same as other clubs

MAKING POINT ... McCoist believes the Old Firm pair deserve preferential treatment

Pic: PA

By ROBERT GRIEVE

Published: 27th April 2012

ONE rule for Rangers and Celtic.

Another one for the rest.

Non-Old Firm fans have believed it for years.

But last night it was Ally McCoist who claimed that’s the way Scottish football works.

And what’s more, that’s the way it simply MUST be.

McCoist insists he accepts Rangers should be punished for the way they have gone about their business in recent times.

But kicking them out of the SPL?

Don’t make the Ibrox boss laugh.

Rangers might be on their knees financially, but McCoist reckons the fact they are due stiff sanctions DOESN’T mean they should be hit with them.

He said: “In an ideal world, whatever the punishment should be for Rangers, that should be it.

“If it’s Division Three, then great. That should be the punishment.

“But Scottish football is not an ideal world. These fans, thankfully, won’t get their wish. Because they might think it’s the right thing to do, but it wouldn’t suit them.

“It’s a contradiction for me to say it, but Rangers and Celtic are special cases. Whether we like that or not, they are special cases. Because they are the main two clubs, by far, in Scottish football.

“Fans of other clubs can say ‘don’t care, send them down,’ and that might be right.

“But it’s not going to help our game, so we all have a problem.

“Do we do the right thing? Or do we do the right thing for the game? Everyone has their own opinion.

“But we all have a dilemma here. Is it the right thing to do for Scottish football? No.

“It might be the right thing to do morally. But is it really the right thing to do for Scottish football? Obviously not.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4284577/Were-special-we-cannot-be-treated-same-as-other-clubs.html#ixzz2Ubk53Ivn

SFL 3 was the only viable option both in terms of whats right and in our best interests, everything should have worked out fine. Like you i can't understand why the P&Bers are so worked up about this.

No it wasn't. What was right is that a place in the senior set up should have been offered to any existing club wishing to apply for it. Established clubs like Cove or Spartans eg, should have had the chance to claim that place, New clubs, like The Rangers, should not have been allowed to do so. However their friends in high places made sure the then existing rules were bent and broken to accomdate whichever version rose from the ashes of the dead club.

Some Rangers fans believe the club's history, which would end with liquidation, must be protected but there is a shameful part of that history which they should want to forget and any newco should make it clear a new beginning means exactly that. A new club open to all from the very beginning.

http://www.dailyreco...rs-must-1119155

I know how I define it. No pedantry involved.

You know the definition of the 'cheats' and the 'cheating' we are talking about.

You will probably now proceed to do the Angels Dancing on the Point of a Pin arguments of defelction and denial.

Heard it, ad nauseum.

Don't Care.

Old Dead Rangers = Cheats.

Aw no you're one of those type of posters.

Bye.

It is, though, a hard furrow to plough as a Ranger's fan here some sometimes we get a bit testy.

I understand and appreciate this.

I've already said that I've a certain respect for Rangers fans who come in here, because it is obviously hostile territory. Most manage to do so with a bit more class than Bennett likes to display these days though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I was happy with the outcome as were the vast majority of Rangers fans, all the polls suggested the same.

I keep.reading "polls" as "polis" thinking why differentiate ?

No it wasn't. What was right is that a place in the senior set up should have been offered to any existing club wishing to apply for it. Established clubs like Cove or Spartans eg, should have had the chance to claim that place

Yer no wrong there. looks like nae sevco fans read yer post though.

:bag