Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tell me their names, then. Because that's a pretty vague criteria there, considering you only have to win SFL3 to be the most successful team in the world....

Barcelona and Real Madrid......one of them by law of their crown cannot go bust... sound familiar? Oooh 1 nil ROI, go fuckin on.

Youngsy, far from the free state , plenty of countries refused free association around a hundred years ago.

Revolutions in Mexico, Russia etc etc etc meant the only place for a mass (sorry) assembly was a sports ground.

Barcelona and Real Madrid......one of them by law of their crown cannot go bust... sound familiar? Oooh 1 nil ROI, go fuckin on.

Youngsy, far from the free state , plenty of countries refused free association around a hundred years ago.

Revolutions in Mexico, Russia etc etc etc meant the only place for a mass (sorry) assembly was a sports ground.

Barcelona have a very large crossover between their support and the Catalan independence movement. To say this makes them political is to draw parallels between celtic and the Irish republican movement - happy with that?

Real Madrid are favoured financially in order to boost Spain's sporting profile and national prestige worldwide - a political aim, certainly: but the club itself, while gaining in a financial sense, is simply the tool used to achieve this aim. The club's supporters couldn't give a toss if Stalin or Pinochet was doling out the Euros, just as long as the trophies keep coming. Remind you of any ex-rivals of your team?

As for your revolutions quip - I think you'll find most, if not all, of the big sports stadia in the USSR were built by the Communists - after the revolution. I'm sure you can give us many examples of these massive political gatherings at sports grounds, given time and Wikipedia, but please stop relying on what you believe to be your own knowledge.

I agree with your statement on free association - try assembling near the corridors of power in Westminster - I can tell you from personal experience, this isn't the "free country" we keep congratulating ourselves on....

Oh, and btw, I see a foreign country have just equalised against another foreign country in a friendly match with no bearing on anything to do with Scottish football. Can't see why you're so interested - unless you've got a bet on. In which case, it being a friendly, you'd be a bit silly to risk money on it.

Super Frank Lampard...BITC!

Oh and why do normally reasonable posters even entertain these fucking idiots?

Right turn at the roundabout at Girvan...ignore the 'Haste Ye Back' sign...Keep going on that road and you cant miss it

Can't see why you're so interested - unless you've got a bet on. In which case, it being a friendly, you'd be a bit silly to risk money on it.

Nope. No interest. Poor bun baiting :)

Though the one thing missed of late is a soundtrack.

Have this mash. It works.....

http://www.mashup-charts.com/black-rebel-motorcycle-club-vs-basement-jaxx-whatever-happend-to-my-head/

Thanks for the lesson on political history but i really don't need it. In this day and age one thing that should be removed from sport is political statements. I can understand them taking place in sporting arenas while a conflict or dictatorship is prevalent, but i can't accept them within the grounds of Scottish football clubs just so that some people with nothing else in their lives can try to show their self-importance. And btw Yeats was a fine poet.

Thanks for the lesson on political history but i really don't need it. In this day and age one thing that should be removed from sport is political statements. I can understand them taking place in sporting arenas while a conflict or dictatorship is prevalent, but i can't accept them within the grounds of Scottish football clubs just so that some people with nothing else in their lives can try to show their self-importance. And btw Yeats was a fine poet.

he was indeed......

But as an aside, just now is a perfect time to say politically people gather in football grounds.

capitalism means the teams with the most cash garner the best players, wins the most tournies, makes the most cash, buys the best players.

so to go to a ground is to support that venture capitalism in a way.

Well OT for the BRALT, but spot on Youngsy. Anyone spouting a political slogan or banner at a Scottish Fitba match is a grade A pillock.

Just look at the illiterate Green Brigade for a prime example of those making political slogans being offensive and looking like complete tits.

Then again, Joyce was fucking unreadable. IMHO, of course.

One of those nights again, Youngsy, where we wander off topic into uncharted territory. I totally agree with the separation of sport and politics - every example wunf has come up with so far has had sport as a coincidental, unwitting or unwilling backdrop for the politics he would dearly love to see entwined with sport - with the possible exception of the instance in his signature, although the "salute" furore could as easily have occurred in the reception line at the British Embassy. . Politicians will always try to curry favour with the masses, either by "listening to the Arctic Monkeys" or remembering "Wor Jackie scoring at the Gallowgate End". Football clubs supply a ready-made tribe which, if persuaded to somehow appear to endorse a political view, can be used as validation of that view. As that would bring us back to the Glasgow divide, it would make a mockery of the idea that either club's fans simply love the club.

Anyway, Wunf - have you managed to find all those massive political gatherings in sports grounds yet? And please don't go down the Chile line - voluntary assembly only.

And weren't wars started at/over footie matches in el Salvador and Bosnia ?

'scuze me butting in but was there not a war almost STOPPED because of a game of fitba' ? But the powers that be soon stepped in to stop that sort of malarkey.

Oh, and google Peterloo for another instance of nastiness.

Topic, what topic?

1. Hitler was rumoured to be a vegetarian. Should we be wary of Militant Vegans? Kim Jong-Il was a massive film buff - is Netflix therefore the acceptable face of Communism?

2. The "100 hours" conflict took place in 1969 - 44 was bigger than 30 when I was at school.

What school was that, then? :rolleyes:

Tell me their names, then. Because that's a pretty vague criteria there, considering you only have to win SFL3 to be the most successful team in the world....

:lol:

he was indeed......

But as an aside, just now is a perfect time to say politically people gather in football grounds.

capitalism means the teams with the most cash garner the best players, wins the most tournies, makes the most cash, buys the best players.

so to go to a ground is to support that venture capitalism in a way.

Whereas those clubs where fans invest their resources in order to further the competitiveness of the team through trading with other clubs can become better equipped to compete on an International stage, bringing benefits to all clubs in their collective league.....

Not really sure what venture capitalism is, are you? Because the closest examples you'll find in recent Scottish football history are Gretna, Livingston and, depending on your interpretation of the whole "clumpany" thing, those lovable rogues from Govan. Not a raging success anywhere there, I'd venture( ;)).

And again, who are all these people who are gathering politically in these grounds? Saying it over and over doesn't make it so, ye know. Just look at the rangers fans looking forward to being "back" in the SPL...

Then again, Joyce was fucking unreadable. IMHO, of course.

One of those nights again, Youngsy, where we wander off topic into uncharted territory. I totally agree with the separation of sport and politics - every example wunf has come up with so far has had sport as a coincidental, unwitting or unwilling backdrop for the politics he would dearly love to see entwined with sport - with the possible exception of the instance in his signature, although the "salute" furore could as easily have occurred in the reception line at the British Embassy. . Politicians will always try to curry favour with the masses, either by "listening to the Arctic Monkeys" or remembering "Wor Jackie scoring at the Gallowgate End". Football clubs supply a ready-made tribe which, if persuaded to somehow appear to endorse a political view, can be used as validation of that view. As that would bring us back to the Glasgow divide, it would make a mockery of the idea that either club's fans simply love the club.

Anyway, Wunf - have you managed to find all those massive political gatherings in sports grounds yet? And please don't go down the Chile line - voluntary assembly only.

I already gave the gaelic games....sure the red clydesiders met at sports ground and defo white city was in London.....

Chile is as big a shame on Scotland as Berlin to England.