Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Then again, Joyce was fucking unreadable. IMHO, of course.

One of those nights again, Youngsy, where we wander off topic into uncharted territory. I totally agree with the separation of sport and politics - every example wunf has come up with so far has had sport as a coincidental, unwitting or unwilling backdrop for the politics he would dearly love to see entwined with sport - with the possible exception of the instance in his signature, although the "salute" furore could as easily have occurred in the reception line at the British Embassy. . Politicians will always try to curry favour with the masses, either by "listening to the Arctic Monkeys" or remembering "Wor Jackie scoring at the Gallowgate End". Football clubs supply a ready-made tribe which, if persuaded to somehow appear to endorse a political view, can be used as validation of that view. As that would bring us back to the Glasgow divide, it would make a mockery of the idea that either club's fans simply love the club.

Anyway, Wunf - have you managed to find all those massive political gatherings in sports grounds yet? And please don't go down the Chile line - voluntary assembly only.

I already gave the gaelic games....sure the red clydesiders met at sports ground and defo white city was in London.....

Chile is as big a shame on Scotland as Berlin to England.

The last time I was even remotely political was a wee chuckle and a high five when the milk snatcher croaked :)

They seem to forget that everything nowadays is politically motivated and have forgot the "politically correct" brigade were they tell you how to behave at a football game in a politically correct way of course,so saying that politics should stay out of sport is like giving the arseholes who attend sport a free reign in behaving badly :unsure2: .

I already gave the gaelic games....sure the red clydesiders met at sports ground and defo white city was in London.....

Chile is as big a shame on Scotland as Berlin to England.

I think you miss the point in the Gaelic thing - sure, the republican movement tried for many years to make political capital out of a sporting apartheid, but if you reckon that Croke Park was full of IRA members and supporters, then that would go some (very small) way to justifying the slaughter. That wasn't the case - the crowd were there to watch a sporting event. Had there been other choices, there would have been other crowds. To watch other sports.

The Red Clydesiders organised across Glasgow, in many public areas - streets, squares, parks etc. I am not aware of any organised meetings at any football ground, but there was a mass protest in George Square in 1919, with reported numbers varying from 90-100,000. A meeting broken up by baton charges, troops and tanks. The old order resisting and oppressing the will of the people - who'd have thought it, eh?

As for Chile - I'm not aware of any link between Pinochet and Scotland, so I fear we may have our wires crossed on that one.

Wee aside - nice to see both cheeks confirming stereotypes over tonight's friendly. :lol:

I think you miss the point in the Gaelic thing - sure, the republican movement tried for many years to make political capital out of a sporting apartheid, but if you reckon that Croke Park was full of IRA members and supporters, then that would go some (very small) way to justifying the slaughter. That wasn't the case - the crowd were there to watch a sporting event. Had there been other choices, there would have been other crowds. To watch other sports.

The Red Clydesiders organised across Glasgow, in many public areas - streets, squares, parks etc. I am not aware of any organised meetings at any football ground, but there was a mass protest in George Square in 1919, with reported numbers varying from 90-100,000. A meeting broken up by baton charges, troops and tanks. The old order resisting and oppressing the will of the people - who'd have thought it, eh?

As for Chile - I'm not aware of any link between Pinochet and Scotland, so I fear we may have our wires crossed on that one.

Wee aside - nice to see both cheeks confirming stereotypes over tonight's friendly. :lol:

Did Scotland not play a friendly in Chile in the stadium where the massacre took place? 1978 World Cup preparations??

My point re Croke was that it was the perceived politically of the attendees that made it a target.

Chile?

Look for Rous as in Stanley , and pre world cup tour.

Absolutely disgusting by us :(

Condescending?? I simply pointed out that T1ms and diddies used this thread to wind up rangers fans.

No you didn't.

You impiled that this was all about the OF fans attacking each other and that we just piped up at time to "help" you. It's to profoundly misunderstand and misrepresent what this wonderful thread's been about.

Much of what we diddies dislike about Rangers is also in place at your club. In attacking Rangers, we're not in league with Celtic, not for a minute. Don't ever think we are.

The joint bun statement I got emailed (as a devoted poster on follow follow) is hilarious...

All "watp" and bluster, ending with "no option but review our options"

http://www.therst.co.uk/walter-must-stay-on-the-board/

attachicon.gifsuicide.gif

What idiot would have written that nonsense? As ever they talk big, but say nothing. They are just full of bluster and cliches.

Trust Walter and all will be well.

They have this wonderful ability to blame everyone or anyone else when things go wrong, but dump responsibility onto others to sort things out and kiss things better. Without them actually engaging in the whole thing.

Who tucks these guys up in bed at night? :wacko: Bunch of big weans. :(

My point re Croke was that it was the perceived politically of the attendees that made it a target.

Chile?

Look for Rous as in Stanley , and pre world cup tour.

Absolutely disgusting by us :(

Now, when we started on this wee OT trip, you were saying that people assemble at sports grounds for political reasons. If you're saying that this was the case at Croke Park, then the British reponse to the events of that morning could be justified as a retaliation, albeit a massively OTT one. Yet we refer to it as an attack on innocents. It can't be both. FWIW, my take is it was indeed a massacre of innocent people, and a political statement of purpose on behalf of the British. That crowd was not a political assembly in any shape or form.

I've already owned up to my memory lapse re: Santiago. It was a shameful fixture to play from our point of view, but the same applies in reply to your original point - the 60k or so who attended were there to watch football, not for any political reason. That Berlin match? There were a lot of things it was wise to do/support, and be seen to do/support, in Nazi Germany. Not sure you can make a case for it being a political crowd. Political points and statements made by Germans and Brits, certainly, but I really don't think you can make the case for that crowd turning up voluntarily. Again, sport was the coincidental backdrop.

No you didn't.

You impiled that this was all about the OF fans attacking each other and that we just piped up at time to "help" you. It's to profoundly misunderstand and misrepresent what this wonderful thread's been about.

Much of what we diddies dislike about Rangers is also in place at your club. In attacking Rangers, we're not in league with Celtic, not for a minute. Don't ever think we are.

Hear, hear.

No you didn't.

Bit strong. If you think "two cheeks'' you are deluded. I want them fuckin DEAD.

Bit strong. If you think "two cheeks'' you are deluded. I want them fuckin DEAD.

Rangers did die you numpty.

And their death will spell the end of your team as well.

I worded it wrong so, Fookin hell you lot are really quite sensitive sometimes. I am quite aware you lot feel the same way about Celtic as you do rangers and I could not give two fooks monkey. HTH I hope I didn't offend your sweat sensitiven sole too much. :rolleyes:

Monkey does like his high horse.

I worded it wrong so, Fookin hell you lot are really quite sensitive sometimes. I am quite aware you lot feel the same way about Celtic as you do rangers and I could not give two fooks monkey. HTH I hope I didn't offend your sweat sensitiven sole too much. :rolleyes:

:blink: