Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

One man really knew what he was probably all about and this man did not give a fcuk what damage was about to be done, he certainly was not duped.

It is genuinely a bit puzzling.

I'm sure Murray was backed into such a corner that he'd have sold up to pretty much anyone. Whyte's history was however so transparent and consistent that it's hard to believe that someone with Murray's intelligence and ability to find things out, still went ahead in selling to him.

Like you, I don't for a minute think he was 'duped'. I can only guess though that given what he surely knew, Murray was simply crossing his fingers in hoping that Whyte was somehow not planning to f**k over this company like he had all the others.

His need to sell must have been simply vast, in order to outstrip the huge concerns he must surely have had about the buyer.

Pretty much agree, but lets face it, if Murray loved Rangers as much as he proclaimed then he would have stood his ground with the bank and refused to sell to anyone that could not be trusted implicitly, he took the easy route out to save his own bacon.

He should have stayed, which probably meant personal ruin and even this might not have stopped liquidation, at least he would now only be branded an arrogant chunt, but now he is a selfish arrogant chunt.

Again, I agree.

It's no surprise really that his love for the club wasn't sufficient to have him sink with it though. Murray's posturing had always been arrogant and self-serving. Rangers provided the platform he craved, but he was prepared to jump when that platform got shoogly.

As with most super vain people, legacy must matter. However, his skin clearly mattered more.

As it is, his legacy remains intact for many Rangers fans in that he 'won' all those trophies and Whyte makes a convenient solo scapegoat.

Sorry, apartment in Monaco and rented.

I'm not as short sighted as some on here who only see the damage done to Rangers and I regard Craig Whyte as parasitic in behavour.

However, the people running Rangers knew what kind of business man he was and said nothing, allowing him to sell his 'vision' for the club to the support despite all the warning signs right from the start. 'Lets wait and see' should have never been an option.

In the lands of the blind, the moneyed men (and women) are Kings (and Queens and Knights).

I wouldn't say more important, but I make no apology for saying that Rangers' difficulties have indeed been very important to me.

Explicitly contained within my love of my local team is a conscious rejection of the OF and their questionable appeal. This relationship also works the other way.

Obviously, you're perfectly at liberty not to see things my way. It might be worth trying to understand this outlook though, because it's more widespread than I think you appreciate.

Of course I don't see things your way - but understanding the chip-on-shooder outlook has rarely been easier to grasp given the void think on display from the diddy club collective on P&B.

I can categorically state - without fear of contradiction from my fellow Rangers supporters - that no other team in Scotland is important to me in any measure comparable to the obsession with my own team.

Even my schadenfreude re herz and the fife sads is of the gleeful shrug and smirk variety. Although I could break into a massive grin if one of them fails completely or if more of the integrity warrior clubs implode, too.

And your own QOTS? An irrelevance - couldn't give a f**k either way in reality. Much like the people in South Queens town evidently.

Of course I don't see things your way - but understanding the chip-on-shooder outlook has rarely been easier to grasp given the void think on display from the diddy club collective on P&B.

I can categorically state - without fear of contradiction from my fellow Rangers supporters - that no other team in Scotland is important to me in any measure comparable to the obsession with my own team.

Even my schadenfreude re herz and the fife sads is of the gleeful shrug and smirk variety. Although I could break into a massive grin if one of them fails completely or if more of the integrity warrior clubs implode, too.

And your own QOTS? An irrelevance - couldn't give a f**k either way in reality. Much like the people in South Queens town evidently.

I was expecting a more reasoned reply - daft really, I suppose.

Perhaps the fact that Rangers fans tend, as you claim, to take no interest in other sides, isn't actually a good thing. Perhaps, that lack of care for actually being part of something bigger that should involve inter-dependence, goes some way to explaining the death of your club.

Perhaps that same indifference of which you're oddly proud, explains the pleasure so many of us do indeed take in Rangers' troubles.

Your not giving a f**k about Queens comes as much more of a relief than a surprise.

Pretty much agree, but lets face it, if Murray loved Rangers as much as he proclaimed then he would have stood his ground with the bank and refused to sell to anyone that could not be trusted implicitly, he took the easy route out to save his own bacon.

He should have stayed, which probably meant personal ruin and even this might not have stopped liquidation, at least he would now only be branded an arrogant chunt, but now he is a selfish arrogant chunt.

What changed at Lloyds to jump straight out of the working deal that was apparently succeeding in bringing the debt down and forced Murray to sell up ?.

I vaguely remember an interview on BBC Sportsound or was it Off the Ball must have been in 2011 with one of the top guys at the club discussing the arrangement with the bank. The interview is probably still kicking about somewhere in the BBC archives.

Murray didn't love Rangers, what he loved was the status and position that came with the ownership of Rangers FC (RIP).

Murray didn't love Rangers, what he loved was the status and position that came with the ownership of Rangers FC (RIP).

yep I would agree with that.

All the noise is about Whyte wrecking Rangers, Sir David Murray of Many Bank Accounts was the who started off this whole sorry mess. He glad handed his way through the banking institutions. Securing nice loans from Bank Chairmen who in turn enjoyed being involved with a successful Football team. It was not just the Rangers Chairmen up to this, other Football clubs cuddled up to the banks. The loans however were not enough so what does Murray do next? Well indulge in some financial jiggery-pokery with player contracts, debatable if this was illegal or not; it certainly danced a near the line as being fair and honest. All this allowed him to boast they could outspend their Twin across the city, and thats all that mattered to the fans and the various obsequies acolytes in the media. Murray had an ego and this ego that would get them trouble. He thought this would go on forever. He had lock on the bank, friends in the media peddling what he fed them. He was going to hand his empire over to his sons and it go on and on. Then the banks went pearshaped and the men who would usually sign the cheques and look the other way were not replaced by people who opened the loan book and went "What the F-" The game was up.

Right to the end Murray was claiming that everything was ok....I think he knew that even if he had not signed everything over to Whyte Rangers were going to run out of money. Thats why he got out. Save his reputation nothing else. Murray stuck a bomb under Rangers and Whyte helped set it off.

yep I would agree with that.

All the noise is about Whyte wrecking Rangers, Sir David Murray of Many Bank Accounts was the who started off this whole sorry mess. He glad handed his way through the banking institutions. Securing nice loans from Bank Chairmen who in turn enjoyed being involved with a successful Football team. It was not just the Rangers Chairmen up to this, other Football clubs cuddled up to the banks. The loans however were not enough so what does Murray do next? Well indulge in some financial jiggery-pokery with player contracts, debatable if this was illegal or not; it certainly danced a near the line as being fair and honest. All this allowed him to boast they could outspend their Twin across the city, and thats all that mattered to the fans and the various obsequies acolytes in the media. Murray had an ego and this ego that would get them trouble. He thought this would go on forever. He had lock on the bank, friends in the media peddling what he fed them. He was going to hand his empire over to his sons and it go on and on. Then the banks went pearshaped and the men who would usually sign the cheques and look the other way were not replaced by people who opened the loan book and went "What the F-" The game was up.

Right to the end Murray was claiming that everything was ok....I think he knew that even if he had not signed everything over to Whyte Rangers were going to run out of money. Thats why he got out. Save his reputation nothing else. Murray stuck a bomb under Rangers and Whyte helped set it off.

That is not what happened here since Rangers had been cutting costs for about 4 years previously and there was a deal with the bank to pay off the debt owed there and that debt was coming down. What I want to know is why despite this plan did the bank suddenly start pressuring David Murray to sell?. I don't think it had anything to do with the banking crisis, maybe Murray's other dealings with the bank were going tits up regarding loans for other parts of his business empire (only a guess).

Bendarroch still struggling to get past stage 2. Counselling needed.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2006/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/

Rangers died.

The circus currently giving us all giggles-a-plenty are NOT Rangers.

When chuckie green feneigled 'the assests' he could have re-branded them The Jimmy Shand Appreciation Society Football and Athletic Coy. Ltd if he had been so minded.

Rangers

Died

Last

Year.

Newco. 1 trophy - 3rd DivisionChampionship (but not by a record winning margin)

http://digital-football.com/featured/celtic-park-latest-connected-stadium-to-upgrade-wifi-for-fans/

A GROUND-BREAKING partnership between Rangers Football Club and Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, is set to bring fans into a whole new era of in-depth, WiFi-based engagement with the club.

huawei_logo.jpgIn a seven-figure investment, the club is working with Huawei to provide one of football's first fully converged stadium-wide WiFi deployments.

The market-leading project will ultimately give every fan seated at Ibrox as well as those in the approaches, concourse, restaurants and corporate areas full, instant access to content-rich media and allow them to participate in real-time interactions with the club.

Starting in August on a stand-by-stand basis, the phased development will allow Rangers to engage with fans and create the best possible matchday experience.

The new set-up will remove connectivity problems in high-density areas and ultimately give 50,000+ supporters access to club competitions, merchandising, media, forthcoming events and enhanced fan/club engagement.

Stadium WiFi has been under discussion at Rangers for a number of years following fan demand, with supporters wanting to access the full panoply of internet sport while at the ground, but being frustrated by 3G mobile network download speeds.

Now, thanks to this partnership with Huawei, the club will create a more meaningful relationship with fans as well as enhancing the matchday experience at Ibrox.

seven figure investment eh, thought we pure skint an aww, what's going on?

Groundbreaking?

http://digital-football.com/featured/celtic-park-latest-connected-stadium-to-upgrade-wifi-for-fans/

Edited by captain kirk

That is not what happened here since Rangers had been cutting costs for about 4 years previously and there was a deal with the bank to pay off the debt owed there and that debt was coming down. What I want to know is why despite this plan did the bank suddenly start pressuring David Murray to sell?. I don't think it had anything to do with the banking crisis, maybe Murray's other dealings with the bank were going tits up regarding loans for other parts of his business empire (only a guess).

It's obvious: the Vatican Bank aka The Institute for the Works of Religion, put the pressure on - use your brain, man!

For a guy who "doesn't give a f**k..." about others or their opinions, Bender sure is putting in plenty of effort to tell us irrelevant diddies all about it :lol:

What a complete and utter tool. It's like a cyber version of a naked bloke screaming from his roof about privacy.

Great entertainment though chap. Do carry on... My thesis is nearly complete and I couldn't have done it without you.

Worry not, one day we will find you a cure.

It is genuinely a bit puzzling.

I'm sure Murray was backed into such a corner that he'd have sold up to pretty much anyone. Whyte's history was however so transparent and consistent that it's hard to believe that someone with Murray's intelligence and ability to find things out, still went ahead in selling to him.

Like you, I don't for a minute think he was 'duped'. I can only guess though that given what he surely knew, Murray was simply crossing his fingers in hoping that Whyte was somehow not planning to f**k over this company like he had all the others.

His need to sell must have been simply vast, in order to outstrip the huge concerns he must surely have had about the buyer.

Murray walked into the deal with Whyte, with his eyes totally open. Bain and McLelland provided him with all the evidence that was needed to show Whyte was a total chancer. He ignored their report and excommunicated the authors of the report. Was Murray duped? Absolutely NOT.

And to talk about Murray being a 'Rangers man' or would only sell to 'the right sort of person' was merely spin to keep the Ibrox loyal quiet and on board.

Anything that paid off Lloyds, got him out the door with liabilities (current and future) taken off his hands was the deal he needed. And the deal he got. How that was achieved by the purchaser was of no concern to him at all.

It is business me boy!! Just keep all the emotional stuff and loyalty nonsense where it belongs. Namely on the pages of the Sun and daily Record.

Murray walked into the deal with Whyte, with his eyes totally open. Bain and McLelland provided him with all the evidence that was needed to show Whyte was a total chancer. He ignored their report and excommunicated the authors of the report. Was Murray duped? Absolutely NOT.

And to talk about Murray being a 'Rangers man' or would only sell to 'the right sort of person' was merely spin to keep the Ibrox loyal quiet and on board.

Anything that paid off Lloyds, got him out the door with liabilities (current and future) taken off his hands was the deal he needed. And the deal he got. How that was achieved by the purchaser was of no concern to him at all.

It is business me boy!! Just keep all the emotional stuff and loyalty nonsense where it belongs. Namely on the pages of the Sun and daily Record.

I'm sure this is largely true.

However, I would have thought Murray would have cared more than you're suggesting - not about any body else of course, but about how bad this makes him look. Vanity projects shouldn't end up making you appear so ugly, I'd have thought.

What his evident desperation to sell, does of course prove, is that Murray was more surprised by the FTTT outcome than anyone. He sure as Hell hadn't seen that one coming.