Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ally is like the guy the cheats on championship manager and edits the finances so he has mega bucks and still canny win, everyone knows he's crap, hell I'm sure any of the guys on here could practically match his results with the money he's had to spend in the lower leagues, he may be a legend to the hoards but he's a laughing stock of a manager to the rest and as the highest paid manager in Scottish football do you think he's worth it, I hope he has signed a 20 year deal and you canny get shot of him, as there is no chance of you's doing anything with him at the helm.

I think it's fair to say that Bearwithme agrees with us. He's put an identical post on the Cup thread, but not included the final line about waiting to pass final judgement on McCoist.

Like I said, it was a game we'd expect to win.

I just read another thread, honest to f**k you're 22 and you still get your mummy to buy your season book?

edit sorry that was BP you lot all look the same to me

Edited by stonedsailor

I think it's fair to say that Bearwithme agrees with us. He's put an identical post on the Cup thread, but not included the final line about waiting to pass final judgement on McCoist.

Going with Mccoists outburst yesterday, one wonders as to whether he now knows he is out of his depth and is looking to get fired for dissent instead of getting fired for incompetence in 3 or 4 months time, and then still keeps his "Hero" status

Going with Mccoists outburst yesterday, one wonders as to whether he now knows he is out of his depth and is looking to get fired for dissent instead of getting fired for incompetence in 3 or 4 months time, and then still keeps his "Hero" status

I genuinely wonder what McCoist was up to with that stuff. I don't think he's as clever as he does, but he's not stupid either.

Moaning about Green could perhaps be seen as a bit of deflection - an excuse for yet more evidence of his own failings. He went further than this though. He seemed to be establishing that Green really wouldn't be able to work with him. I suppose he was taking a side at last in ways he's hitherto avoided, but I also wonder if he's also throwing in a towel of sorts.

Either way, there's no doubt that things just suddenly got interesting again in the last day or two.

Ally has always put the club first and has never been about self gain, he has proved that time and time again. Loyalty, now that's a word that Charles Green doesn't understand.

Undoubtedly one of the biggest piles of shite I have read in this thread.

Charles Green understands finance, and thats what your club requires at this moment in time. Look where loyalty got you, the ultra loyal Murray ran your club into the ground, sold it to Whyte and the loyal members of the board, Greig and McClelland, sat on their hands and kept their mouths shut as Whyte ripped the heart out of your club. Loyalty isnt worth the paper the oath is written on. Money is what you need, and the team need shot of McCoist that is obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. Thats the problem with the less savoury elements of the OF every saviour has to be Rangers or Celtic minded. At this time Rangers are more in need of Greens qualities than McCoists. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt want Charles Green anywhere near my club, but he can generate the funds you need.

Undoubtedly one of the biggest piles of shite I have read in this thread.

Charles Green understands finance, and thats what your club requires at this moment in time. Look where loyalty got you, the ultra loyal Murray ran your club into the ground, sold it to Whyte and the loyal members of the board, Greig and McClelland, sat on their hands and kept their mouths shut as Whyte ripped the heart out of your club. Loyalty isnt worth the paper the oath is written on. Money is what you need, and the team need shot of McCoist that is obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. Thats the problem with the less savoury elements of the OF every saviour has to be Rangers or Celtic minded. At this time Rangers are more in need of Greens qualities than McCoists. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt want Charles Green anywhere near my club, but he can generate the funds you need.

But it's almost as if you're overlooking the incredible loyalty displayed by McCoist.

What's wrong with you? Did you not spot all the other clubs from Spain, England and Germany that were just desperate to hand the reins to McCoist on a mind blowing salary? He must have knocked them all back because he's still at Ibrox.

Incredible loyalty.

My Irrelevant Glib Shite Response Detector just exploded after an alarming high-pitched klaxon noise.

You need to update, the model I bought came with a No8 suppressor.

It emits a high pitched whinge as a warning.

Inexperienced keeper.

Don't think Hegarty's an NI international.

A former under-20 international? Wow.

Black, one cap as a sub in a friendly.

A guy who was in Man City's youths.

Several other kids.

I'll give you one or two of them but it's not a team stuffed full of big international stars.

It's still a game we'd expect to win but let's not get carried away.

Once the new players have been in the team for a while will be the time to make what could be the final judgement on Ally.

Deary me bwm, wake up and smell the coffee.

You'd be better off trying to get rid of the useless chunt rather putting forward tennious excuses for him.

8 early cup exits in two years. Surely a world record?

Inexperienced keeper.

Don't think Hegarty's an NI international.

A former under-20 international? Wow.

Black, one cap as a sub in a friendly.

A guy who was in Man City's youths.

Several other kids.

I'll give you one or two of them but it's not a team stuffed full of big international stars.

It's still a game we'd expect to win but let's not get carried away.

Once the new players have been in the team for a while will be the time to make what could be the final judgement on Ally.

No, maybe in the Premiership I'd give you that, but in the third tier of Scottish Football?

With all the facilities at Rabgers disposal to fail against the proverbial butchers, bakers, and candlestick makers is shocking.

I'd kind of agree with much of this, but I actually don't think waiting until the team is very very much stronger than their opponents; as opposed to just very much stronger, is the way to judge someone's managerial capabilities.

Surely, it's when things are a bit more evenly matched that you can tell whether someone's getting the maximum of out of their players.

I know that you can argue that it's only fair to judge him on his most recent signings which were less rushed than last summer's, but again, such are Rangers' financial advantages that if they start gubbing everyone, it'll still say very little that's good about McCoist.

Wouldn't be fair to judge him until he's had the kind of time that ol' purple nose had at Manu. Let's give him another couple of decades in charge :lol:

I don't think anyone can really argue against the view that Rangers (Sevco version) is in chaos, on and especially off the park. Meltdown would appear to many to be the next stage.

We have a board of directors, with a chairman, a chief exec running the business side and a management team running the playing side.

The board ( I assume) then appoints a consultant to the company who is also a minority shareholder. This consultant mouths off through the media about the 'inadequate' current chief executive, the poor quality of the players while demanding certain results from the manager, or else.

If these are questions the board wanted to ask, or comments they wanted to make, why did they not do it themselves?

Did Green make his statements at the request of the board?

If he didn't have the support of the board to make his public utterances, then will they discipline him as he is merely a paid (I assume) consultant to the board.

If a consultant wants to determine strategy or policy he must do it through the board in the privacy of he boardroom or not at all. Otherwise he is overstepping his brief totally, and would normally be removed with his feet not touching the ground.

At this time the club needs clear leadership. This must come from the chairman supported by his board, This of course should be Walter, who unfortunately is totally out of his depth.

Questions.

1. Did the board brief Green to make the statements he did?

2. If they did, why choose this particular method?

3. If they did not ask him to make these public statements, what are they going to do about it?

4. Who appointed Green as a 'consultant'?

And a general question. What the hell is going on there?

Let's wait until Monday to see how the market comments. Can't see many wanting to buy shares while this is going on.

(Are we getting back to that Bomber moment when we start asking who has the deeds, and who has a charge over the assets?)

Wouldn't be fair to judge him until he's had the kind of time that ol' purple nose had at Manu. Let's give him another couple of decades in charge :lol:

To be fair even if Rangers do keep McCoist for 25 years it will probably be 25 years of success. Rangers are just that good.