Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Indeed. When (and if) it ever comes to an end, It will be one of those events which will be covered by numerous journos and other interested parties all keen to put their own interpretations (and make a good wedge in the process) on the most horrendous saga to besmirch our game.

....and all denied by the blue puke masses.

As per.

A young lad at my work actually did his dissertation on it!

Well the media's coverage of it and their relationship with RFC. Was quite an interesting, if academically dry, read.

He interviewed Chris McLaughlin and a few others journos as well.

PR agency Media House has confirmed its contract with Rangers Football Club has ended.

The agency has provided services at Ibrox since 2006, most recently during a share issue. A spokesman for Media House said: “Our six-month contract to assist Rangers with their IPO has ended.” Writing on his blog, journalist Phil Mac Giolla Bháin reported that replacing Media House will be Keith Bishop Associates, reportedly on a five-year contract worth £130,000 per annum. The news comes amid reports of financial problems at the club after finance director Brian Stockbridge admitted only £10m remains in the bank after the IPO reportedly raised £22m and £13m was taken in season ticket sales. Before Rangers went into liquidation in the summer of last year, it was revealed the club owed more than £100,000 to media, marketing and communications companies, including Media House.

Following liquidation, a consortium led by Charles Green bought the assets and formed another club, which has become a point of controversy in Scottish football. During that period, former Daily Record sportswriter James Traynor left his position at the paper to become the club’s director of communications. Rangers fans have backed the club, however, with healthy season ticket sales over the last two seasons. Meanwhile, an anonymous Twitter account, Charlotte Fakes, has been releasing streams of private emails from Media House founder Jack Irvine to those involved in crisis-hit Rangers for several months. Police are investigating the leaks.

The Drum is awaiting a response from both Rangers and Keith Bishop Associates. Last week, it emerged that an independent reviewer for the Advertising Standards Authority had chosen to reopen its investigation that originally ruled in favour of upholding a campaign by the club claiming it to be ‘Scotland’s most successful club’
Read more at http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/08/14/media-house-confirms-end-rangers-fc-pr-contract-after-seven-years#xWXGIzTcpQeQZdkB.99

replacing Media House will be Keith Bishop Associates, reportedly on a five-year contract worth £130,000 per annum. 

I hope they were smart enough to get the first year of the contract paid straight away.

That plus Jabba's reported five figure salary means around a quarter mil p/a on Media and PR! :blink:

English is not the Orc's forte ...

Oh dreary me. Ps&Ds trying to assert grammatical superiority again. Which Orc's forte is not English?

I'd wager 2 roll-ups, a can of Frosty Jack's and a wee gammy off my sister without her teeth in that you actually meant:

English is not the Orcs' forte

Go on then explain how I am a bigot?

Or was this just an attempt at making your self seem interesting?

My Team - Rangers.

Nuff said.

Thanks for being honest, Beer. Given your penchant for casual homophobia it's no surprise that you stereotype people so easily.

I never said it did, I think you may be a little confused.

Anyway he tweets that I as a Rangers fan am part of the Klan and lets not kid ourselves that his use of this word is accidental and of course its completely wrong, or are you suggesting that he is correct? anybody that did I would also tag as a raging bigot, I rarely wish harm on people but if this excuse for a human contracted some nasty disease then it would be a cause for humanity to celebrate.

Nah am sweating, was out on my bike and just got stung on the inside of the nose, what is the point in wasps?

They are your local Karma delivery experts.

If you want to avoid wasps then stay away from bykes ;)

27x0b9j.jpg

Thanks for being honest, Beer. Given your penchant for casual homophobia it's no surprise that you stereotype people so easily.

Saying "cricket's for poofs" isn't homophobic.

Stop being so bloody stupid over a silly jokey comment.

Nah am sweating, was out on my bike and just got stung on the inside of the nose, what is the point in wasps?

Wasps are predatory insects that feed on other insects and they are also pollinators. You had better hope that it didn't eat any Lyme disease carrying fleas before it stung you (if you are telling the truth, which isn't often).

Potter%20Wasp%204.jpg

You'll get kicked out the Klan for that kind of talk :)

:)

Think I should apply for a job with them. I think I have posted the exact same words about 100 times since this new club spawned from the death of rangers. :o:thumsup2:lol:

You're more suited to being a priest Dougal.

Saying "cricket's for poofs" isn't homophobic.

:lol:

Edited to add: You have previous:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/200513-homophobia-in-football/page-2#entry7219948

What you said was, "So what's wrong with calling someone a poof then ?"

This is just the small-minded homophobic bigotry that we are trying to get away from.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Hate to take this off topic, but Why would anyone who claims to be a Celtic fan write a book about Rangers?

Looking at his website or twitter you quickly figure out he is OBSESSED with all things Rangers / Sevco. it's horrendously sad. Thats all he can talk about, Rangers..Sevco...Rangers..Sevco. Keep in mind he is living in Ireland, but yet he will still take time out and phone up Clyde 1 SSB to talk about, yes you guessed it Rangers!

Plus he seems to be under the false impression he's some sort of hero with Celtic fans, some might like him. but not this one. Can't stand the arrogant arsehole.

Good review, only one thing I have to point out

He isn't Irish, yes he has family from Ireland and he lives in Ireland as do many people around the world with all counties and nationalities., although he would make you believe at times he had to flee Scotland from persecution

I did have a go at him on twitter regarding his new book (I won't post a link to his page)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minority-Reporter-Scotlands-Attitude-Towards/dp/1904684734/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375736228&sr=1-1&keywords=minority+reporter

51k3v5gvWIL._.jpg

From his own fucking website about the book, word for word

This is a story in Scotland would rather wasn't told. It charts the work of campaigning Irish journalist Phil Mac Giolla Bhain over a five year period on the subject of anti-irish racism in Scotland.

Minority reporter also exams the life and times of Neil Lennon at Celtic and why the Scottish media tried to excise the ethnic from their analysis from their when writing about his victimisation .

As with his last book, the bestselling Downfall, this is a triumph for online over the mainstream

Can you fucking believe this shite?

Here is another quote from him regarding the subject

I finally left Glasgow in the mid-1990s. I wanted better for my young family. Since then my native city's intolerance of all things Irish has, if anything, got worse. The Scotland that schooled both McKenna and I was built on generations of Irish sweat and often Irish blood. I don't owe the place a thing.

If McKenna is happy to be Scottish in Scotland then I'm happy for him. It is basic human right to be able to self-define. However many others of Irish extraction find that their seat is still at the back of the bus in Scotland.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/apr/13/irish-heritage-scotland-cultural-oppression

as I said, I had a go at him on twitter, to try and claim Scotland is some hotbed for anti-irish racism is nothing but a lie.

Not surprising he didn't reply directly, when anyone questions him all he does is re tweet it so his little fanboys who are do desperate to give him a reach around jump in giving you all sorts of abuse.

It's people like him, that make me embarrassed to be a Celtic fan at times, why. because you cannot understand or defend arseholes like him.

Sorry about the rant.

A Celtic fan who doesn't like Mac Made Up Name? Must be an alias!

I see his new book - which should probably be in the fiction section of most bad bookshops - is edited by one his wee disciples who I believe has about three or four years journalism experience. She may be a good journalist (although having read her pish she seems to be a female Phil) but editing a book with that little experience, especially one like his Downfall diatribe, is just asking for trouble.

I'd thought about buying 'Downfall'. but given what I read on here, I'm glad I didn't. I don't fancy reading about this fascinating tale through the eyes of Celtic's Leggo.

Out of interest, are there any other books about the Rangers saga? Is it known that anyone reputable is working on one? It should make for a brilliant book one day. I suppose the problem is that the story refuses to finish.

From the odd tweet I've seen there's one called "We Don't Do Walking Away" and another called "Follow We Will". I think Chris Graham is working on a book too which should be fun. Was there not a suggestion Traynor was doing one, obviously after his new equipment arrives.

From the odd tweet I've seen there's one called "We Don't Do Walking Away" and another called "Follow We Will". I think Chris Graham is working on a book too which should be fun. Was there not a suggestion Traynor was doing one, obviously after his new equipment arrives.

Thanks.

Doesn't really answer my question about "anyone reputable" though, does it?