Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No whataboutery involved and I'm more that willing to bet there are clubs in a worse of position that Celtic paying a living wage which would really put Celtic to shame. I just wonder if there are other clubs, Aberdeen, hibs, motherwell maybe still with fairly high wage bills who could be doing more for the ordinary workers at their clubs.

Fair enough, but as Johnny says, Celtic are particularly vulnerable to attack on this:

a) because they are a very wealthy football club.

b) because they make tedious play of their charitable origins, claiming a moral high ground.

Fair enough, but as Johnny says, Celtic are particularly vulnerable to attack on this:

a) because they are a very wealthy football club.

b) because they make tedious play of their charitable origins, claiming a moral high ground.

I agree.

Can't argue with that but as I said im not concerned on what other clubs do or don't do.

As a collective we should be looking at Scottish football as a whole and ensuring those who can, do pay a living wage, even giving Celtic more of a hard time as we could afford this no problem at all.

Dont really think this is the thread to go into it lad but all I am going to say is the club stated at the AGM what the likely total cost would be, I don't see that overall cost as being a reason to not implement the living wage.

Yeah, maybe a separate thread would be in order. I think the figure was something like 500k...just have to wonder what to do with the other £19'500'000 of CL money... :wacko:

I genuinely don't know what that word would be and I've been a Proddy for over 40 years :unsure2:

Actually - come to think of it ... in all those 40 odd years no-one has ever called me a " *** " yet Nil by Mouth claim it's used 'negatively against Protestants' on a 'daily basis' :huh::blink:

It was a cut and past - the second pejorative for protestants was orange b*****ds. Filtered out on P&B lest it causes them unwelcome bother I'd assume.

I'll bite!!

try to concentrate on the demise of your club/company/circus, which is what this thread is for.

:lol:

Aye - are pages on 'RA slks wage policy also what this thread is for? It's been fucked since page one so spare me your precious bullshit when another very unflattering light is cast over the c***s from darkhead that you follow.

It doesnt matter what other clubs do or don't do. Celtic should be leading by example

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WATP type post IMO.

The reality is that the modern Celtic has about as much to do with Social Justice, as Rangers does with Dignity.

Both ideas amount to cheap sloganeering, but have little basis in fact.

So according to Bendy, when fans across Scotland were celebrating the hunz going bust, we were actually expressing joy at the protestant faith being liquidated? (which I must have missed).

Bendy definitely needs egged! Both rotten ones and throw the dead carcass of the chicken in for good measure.

Edited by NotfromFifehonest

The reality is that the modern Celtic has about as much to do with Social Justice, as Rangers does with Dignity.

From the Scotsman: “If you know your history when it comes to Celtic… it will not be lost on you that his [Walfrid’s] vision was sold out within ten years, when the club became a plc, stopped making charity donations of any note and started paying fat dividends to directors… Walfrid later distanced himself from what the club became.”

Hibernian FC, of course, damn rasellik from the outset - not the decade or so claimed before Walfrid cottoned on to the con. The horror start to Walfrid's vision is laid bare on Hibernian's website to this day.

From the Scotsman: “If you know your history when it comes to Celtic… it will not be lost on you that his [Walfrid’s] vision was sold out within ten years, when the club became a plc, stopped making charity donations of any note and started paying fat dividends to directors… Walfrid later distanced himself from what the club became.”

Hibernian FC, of course, damn rasellik from the outset - not the decade or so claimed before Walfrid cottoned on to the con. The horror start to Walfrid's vision is laid bare on Hibernian's website to this day.

Trivia question for you Bendarroch:

For ten points, where is Brother Walfrid' s final resting place?

So according to Bendy, when fans across Scotland were celebrating the hunz going bust, we were actually expressing joy at the protestant faith being liquidated? (which I must have missed).

Bendy definitely needs egged!

I don't remember writing anything for Nil by Mouth. I have posted that I couldn't give a f**k about being referred to by a wee nickname at the fitba.

What is seriously not funny is football supporters complaining the life out of their own rights to free expression.

A hearty well done to all who complained to the judges and police and MP's to help them wield even more power to aid the silencing of their own voice...