Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wallace: "Our cost structure is currently too high for the top division, never mind for the lower leagues."

Ooft. Is that not what those pesky P&D's have been saying for 18 months. :rolleyes:

Too many of ra peepil simply wouldn't accept a lower cost structure, that's why it's not been put in place.

Cheering the corpulent rabble rouser. :lol:

19 December 2013

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", "RIFC" or the "Company")

Annual General Meeting statement

At the Company's Annual General Meeting held today, Chief Executive Graham Wallace set out his vision to build a Successful and Sustainable Rangers of which future generations will be proud.

Mr Wallace noted the core values of the Club at the heart of a community whose fans have shown their unwavering loyalty and passion for the Club even when in its darkest hours. He committed to manage and operate the business with integrity, professionalism and strong governance to protect, and to grow, shareholder value.

Mr Wallace will be wholly focussed on, and lead the Executive in, a strategy to:

§ Deliver financial sustainability through Professional leadership, Strong governance, effective management of our football player assets and focus on Youth Development.

§ Develop Best in Class Operational capability across all areas of the Club.

§ Connect effectively to our Local and Global Fan Base.

§ Provide a commitment to our people - building careers and management for the future.

§ Strengthen the Commitment to our Community - creating further opportunities through football.

§ Protect and cherish Ibrox and our other great facilities to maximise business impact and provide a stable base to operate from.

In the short term the strategic focus for the next 120 days will be to:

§ Complete a detailed Business Review looking at all areas of club operations and organisation, developing and implementing required actions

§ Re-engage with the wider Supporter Base to carry out a review of how club engagement with the various fans groups works, and to assess if there is a better way to capture the true democratic view of ALL fans

§ Re-energise and motivate the Staff - to ensure they are truly proud to be part of the Club.

§ Develop and implement a Football Player Asset Strategy to take in First team squad, Youth Development and Succession Planning.

§ Refocus our Commercial growth agenda to drive short term financial impacts in conjunction with finalising the club's brand positioning.

On the need for future financial investment, Mr Wallace stated "It is reasonable to assume that in order to take the club back to competing at the top levels domestically and in Europe that this will be the case. However, this funding will only be sought once we have completed a robust business planning process that will allow us to engage with shareholders and potential investors from the platform of a well thought out strategic plan."

McCoist may not be that great a manager but he is a smart cookie.

Takes 800k they club clearly don't have as chairman pointed out regarding costs, but he gets up and quotes bill struth and plays right up to the fans who know he's overpaid.

Genius.

The plc board of Rangers are joined by Sandy Easdale as chairman of the 'football board.'

Only in Sevconia.

Just quote Strewth and you can get away with robbing them. The fat f**k must be loving this, the "dark days" are the best thing that's ever happened to him. :lol:

:lol: Its quite funny how they're so intent on mentioning how they're history is unbroken. Every speech or quotation seems to mention "We've been on the go for a century" or "In our clubs proud 140 year history" or something along those lines. The denial over the whole situation is fantastic, and the fact they died is something they will never, ever live down.

In the short term the strategic focus for the next 120 days will be to:

§ Complete a detailed Business Review looking at all areas of club operations and organisation, developing and implementing required actions

§ Re-engage with the wider Supporter Base to carry out a review of how club engagement with the various fans groups works, and to assess if there is a better way to capture the true democratic view of ALL fans

§ Re-energise and motivate the Staff - to ensure they are truly proud to be part of the Club.

§ Develop and implement a Football Player Asset Strategy to take in First team squad, Youth Development and Succession Planning.

§ Refocus our Commercial growth agenda to drive short term financial impacts in conjunction with finalising the club's brand positioning.

120 days? Isn't that around season ticket renewal time? :rolleyes:

Shameless :lol:

The plc board of Rangers are joined by Sandy Easdale as chairman of the 'football board.'

Only in Sevconia.

Technically correct though. Rangers International Football Club are the holding company of The Rangers Football Club (formerly Sevco Scotland). I'm assuming Easdale is the chairman of the former which is the club that owns the SFA Licence, pays players etc. Cleverly worked but still not proof for me that a club is a separate entity from the company that operates it.

It appears that RIFC (the holding company) is the one running the operating loss. I suspect that the structure is such that RIFC can go into Admin and the club (The Rangers FC , formerly Sevco Scotland) could then be sold debt free and the shareholders in RIFC could divvy up the proceeds.

I'm not sure if this incurs sanctions from the SFA or not. I don't think Hearts were punished when their holding company entered admin, only when the club itself did.

Lmao!! Cost structure too high for top division or any division for that matter.

Sooo are they cutting costs? No they are raising next years season ticket prices!!

Chairman also tries to invoke fear by saying current board won't sell ibrox but other boards may.

Technically correct though. Rangers International Football Club are the holding company of The Rangers Football Club (formerly Sevco Scotland). I'm assuming Easdale is the chairman of the former which is the club that owns the SFA Licence, pays players etc. Cleverly worked but still not proof for me that a club is a separate entity from the company that operates it.

It appears that RIFC (the holding company) is the one running the operating loss. I suspect that the structure is such that RIFC can go into Admin and the club (The Rangers FC , formerly Sevco Scotland) could then be sold debt free and the shareholders in RIFC could divvy up the proceeds.

I'm not sure if this incurs sanctions from the SFA or not. I don't think Hearts were punished when their holding company entered admin, only when the club itself did.

I think Southampton had a similar structure a few years back, the holding company was in place solely to operate the football club. In those circumstances it was looked at as one and the same.

With Hearts(and Parma a few years ago also), the holding company had far more to look after and the football club was just one very small part of the overall structure. That is why Hearts(and Parma) avoided punishment when the holding company went tits up.