Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Fir sale, what fire sale???

Looks like the gamble will pay off as Scotland's most successfull football club charges onward an upwar

Ally McCoist: No need for a fire sale ALLY McCOIST revealed he’s optimistic he won’t be ordered to sell his star Rangers players this month after his meeting with chief executive Graham Wallace.
Published: Fri, January 10, 2014

The Ibrox boss had his first talks with Wallace since last month’s AGM ... He just wants to get back in the team and back playing. I’m delighted with that.”

empty.gif

Seriously Snafu, do you honestly welcome news like this?

To be honest, I don't think it's that significant an article. McCoist takes a while to say characteristically little.

The way you're interpreting it though, it sounds bloody alarming. If I was a Rangers fan, still relieved to even have a club to watch, I'd be worried sick to think that there was no real appetite for the necessary change.

You yourself, describe any strategy to plough on regardless as a "gamble". Given recent events, why the Hell would you want anyone to be taking gambles with the wellbeing of your club?

If I'd been through such events with my club, I'd now want it handled in the most cagey, cautious way imaginable.

Rangers really do seem different in this regard.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Interesting read. Never thought about in admin / promotion before,

Looks like it could be a fun summer if both come to fruition.

Surely sporting integrity would mean denial of promotion..

Interesting yes, but i simply cannot believe there isn't a plan to get through the next 18 months without an insolvency event. They have to cut costs and secure new investment. Have to.

The deafening silence from the clumpany since the AGM is either indicative of a new sensible regime waiting to reveal the master plan when the time is right. Or that they still have no idea what to do.

The article claiming that sally can strengthen before any cutbacks are made should terrify the sevco loyal. Do any of the *ahem* sensible funs on here think this is good news?

ETA what monkey tennis said.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Fir sale, what fire sale???

Looks like the gamble will pay off as Scotland's most successfull football club charges onward an upwar

Ally McCoist: No need for a fire sale ALLY McCOIST revealed he’s optimistic he won’t be ordered to sell his star Rangers players this month after his meeting with chief executive Graham Wallace.
Published: Fri, January 10, 2014

Ally-mccoist-rangers-scot-453250.jpg

CHEERY: Ally McCoist is confident about not having to sell off key team members [WILLIE VASS]

The Ibrox boss had his first talks with Wallace since last month’s AGM where the chief executive insisted cuts would have to be made to the squad due to the huge wage bill.

Rangers fans are worried there could be a fire sale of assets including Lee Wallace, Nicky Law, Lewis Macleod and Cammy Bell.

But McCoist remains positive and reckons Wallace now accepts he cannot afford to substantially weaken Rangers if they are to realise their wish of returning to the top flight in 18 months’ time.

McCoist said: “Discussions are ongoing. There is nothing set in stone. He hasn’t told me I need to sell players.

“Graham said at the AGM that there would need to be cuts, so that’s fine.

“He hasn’t made it known to me where those cuts are going to take place, and in what shape or form.

“I have to say that Graham is aware that in an ideal world we would be building a squad for next season and hopefully the years after. It would make sense to Graham and he has said that, contrary to what people have said, just cutting and selling is not the right way to go about it – in terms of the progression of the club.”

If you need to take one step back to take two or three forward again, that’ll be Graham’s decision

Ally McCoist

But McCoist accepts there have to be changes in the long-term future of the runaway League One leaders, but is heartened Wallace hasn’t made any snap decisions.

He admitted: “If you need to take one step back to take two or three forward again, that’ll be Graham’s decision. We can’t go down the same road we were in before.”

Dean Shiels is the subject of interest from both Hibs and Partick, but McCoist is keen to keep all his players.

He said: “Two or three clubs have been onto me. I’ve told Dean about that as I would with any player. I also told Dean I don’t want him going anywhere.

“Dean has never shown any indication that he wants to leave, quite the opposite. He just wants to get back in the team and back playing. I’m delighted with that.”

empty.gif

I see that we've brought in another highly paid financial consultant, thats around 6 or 7 accountants at the club/company/clumpany now creaming funds off.

We're great at saving money.

I see that we've brought in another highly paid financial consultant, thats around 6 or 7 accountants at the club/company/clumpany now creaming funds off. 

Now you know where the money is going, desks, chairs, computers, name things for their doors, club ties etc for all these money guys..

Need to cut costs... Why not add another salary to payroll!

at what point would the penny drop and everybody concerned with Rangers1872 and Rangers2012 get a bit of self-awareness and realise the entire world is laughing and pointing at them as they do their headless chicken circuits of the farmyard?

As pointed out by Monkey Tennis, you would think they would just be grateful to have a club to follow and encourage a responsible, prudent and sustainable business model so that club would not be put in peril (again)

But of course They Are The People and non of that applies to them.......

(Benny and Bendy's contributions last night were a joy to behold)

Now you know where the money is going, desks, chairs, computers, name things for their doors, club ties etc for all these money guys..

Need to cut costs... Why not add another salary to payroll!

Season tickets will be sold be early this season, which will be hoovered up.

Then we will have the stadium sold and leased back - more hoovering up and then that will be it.

Season tickets will be sold be early this season, which will be hoovered up.

Then we will have the stadium sold and leased back - more hoovering up and then that will be it.

it is a sad state of affairs, you think ng (Singaporean guy ?) or the American guy (name escapes me) would have this predicament had they won the rights?

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but it does seem that the current running of rangers (let's ignore the continuation sideshow for this) just don't seem to have a grasp on building a solid platform and growing the company. They went after the here and now rather than giving a foundation for the future.

If the hit was taken at the start as it was suggested these guys were wanting to do, a little pain for a long term plan seems to be better than constantly relying on someone with money coming along and bailing it out.

I think the pivotal moment in the future will be the moment a sale/leaseback is suggested or announced. The fans reaction should be deafening.

it is a sad state of affairs, you think ng (Singaporean guy ?) or the American guy (name escapes me) would have this predicament had they won the rights?

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but it does seem that the current running of rangers (let's ignore the continuation sideshow for this) just don't seem to have a grasp on building a solid platform and growing the company. They went after the here and now rather than giving a foundation for the future.

If the hit was taken at the start as it was suggested these guys were wanting to do, a little pain for a long term plan seems to be better than constantly relying on someone with money coming along and bailing it out.

I think the pivotal moment in the future will be the moment a sale/leaseback is suggested or announced. The fans reaction should be deafening.

Those two guys were never going to get the club, it was a stitch up from the start. There was also links between Andrew ellis and Miller, he seems to crop up all the time.

They went after the "filling their pockets" rather than anything else but D&P were never going to sell to anyone else.

When Green first got his paws on the club he had no funds and needed season ticket money, he could have been seen off easilly and now we pay the price for that.

Don't know Benny looking at that photo shot it looks like he's just had his fixed odds coupon up do you reckon IB is in the photo as well. :P

Interesting yes, but i simply cannot believe there isn't a plan to get through the next 18 months without an insolvency event. They have to cut costs and secure new investment. Have to.

The deafening silence from the clumpany since the AGM is either indicative of a new sensible regime waiting to reveal the master plan when the time is right. Or that they still have no idea what to do.

This is slightly worrying, but I think it's too late.

There was no way they wanted a blemish on their "history". They would still have won the promotions, but imagine all the 'embarrassing' defeats they would have suffered on the way. Fans of two or three teams would probably have been able to claim "Rangers have never beaten us!' The peepul just couldn't have taken that.

This is slightly worrying, but I think it's too late.

There was no way they wanted a blemish on their "history". They would still have won the promotions, but imagine all the 'embarrassing' defeats they would have suffered on the way. Fans of two or three teams would probably have been able to claim "Rangers have never beaten us!' The peepul just couldn't have taken that.

Pfft! The rangers have never even played us!

at what point would the penny drop and everybody concerned with Rangers1872 and Rangers2012 get a bit of self-awareness and realise the entire world is laughing and pointing at them as they do their headless chicken circuits of the farmyard?

As pointed out by Monkey Tennis, you would think they would just be grateful to have a club to follow and encourage a responsible, prudent and sustainable business model so that club would not be put in peril (again)

But of course They Are The People and non of that applies to them.......

red dotted by 'Ceremony' - somebody with a zero Pie and Bovril posting history. It is pitiful how pathetic these phuds are.

red dotted by 'Ceremony' - somebody with a zero Pie and Bovril posting history. It is pitiful how pathetic these phuds are.

If that was an alias of a current poster, its quite cowardly.

Edited by CityDave

Ach well I just red dotted you - just to see if you feel better being dotted by someone with slightly more than 'zero posting history'.

Edited 'cos I saw this:

I suppose it's a badge of honour to be negged by these drooling half-wits

You should be grateful that someone went to the bother of actually reading your, usually, tedious and repetitious pish and could be sufficiently arsed to dot it. Normally I see that it's you and know there's f**k all to read.

Edited by The_Kincardine