Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You can almost see the headlines/pr spin and it will come as no surprise. "I know promises were made (promises are not legally binding) that we would not entertain selling Ibrox but due to the financial position the old board left us in and the refusal of the players to accept pay cuts ... yadda yadda yadda ... no other options available ... yadda yadda yadda ..... we feel it was the right deal to ensure our one/two year unbroken history remains intact" ...........

Job done .... and nothing can be done about it

Which is probably what the plan has been since the start.......you missed out "in the best interests of the club"

Edited by Bloomogganners

Which is probably what the plan has been since the start.......you missed out "in the best interests of the club"

You can almost taste the Orcs triumphalistic revisionism when it happens. f**k yees all we're no died again.

With the likes of No8 declaring his intentions to walk away when the gangsters (his description) took control having revised his stance since, it is obvious that all those who said that something as little as the renaming of Ibrox not being allowed to happen will change their stance and keep taking the kicks in the teeth when everything is sold from under them. They will pay the rent gladly.

All that will be left of Rangers will be the imaginary concept of a club, created by CG, left to rent all of it's possessions back from some pension fund.

How much is the going rate to rent 54 historical titles? And if the tennents default could another club step in and buy the lease?

4.Sale and leaseback, why else is Sotckbridge still there?

Maybe he's the key to that whole dead hooker/photocopier case... ;)

The problems with sale and leaseback, while I agree it is (from some views, at least) an attractive option, are several:

1. How much could they actually sell the bricks and mortar for, and to who?

2. More than a few rangers fans, both on here and IRL, have given sale/leaseback as their "line in the sand". The same applies, of course, to admin, liquidation, the Bus Boys, and many other events which have come and gone without noticeably affecting the support. You have to wonder, though, at what point disgust and embarrassment moves from online ranting to real-life withdrawal of support. I think we may well be approaching that point.

3. Is there any expectation that this would be anything more than quick fix, like a Wonga loan? The fans will still expect a rapid "return"( :lol:) to their "rightful place"( :lol::lol:), and I for one don't see a packed ibrox if they are not bulldozing all-comers on a regular basis. I'm sure the berrz will deny this, but we've all seen how well they draw a crowd when they're not dominant. That's "dominant", not "competitive", btw. If crowds/STs fall, what other income is there? And please don't say "Europe" - my poor wee ribs couldn't take it.

You can almost taste the Orcs triumphalistic revisionism when it happens. f**k yees all we're no died again.

With the likes of No8 declaring his intentions to walk away when the gangsters (his description) took control having revised his stance since, it is obvious that all those who said that something as little as the renaming of Ibrox not being allowed to happen will change their stance and keep taking the kicks in the teeth when everything is sold from under them. They will pay the rent gladly.

All that will be left of Rangers will be the imaginary concept of a club, created by CG, left to rent all of it's possessions back from some pension fund.

How much is the going rate to rent 54 historical titles? And if the tennents default could another club step in and buy the lease?

I thought it was Blackthorn sponsoring them now? I remember that with one of those wee "visualisation" memory aids:

rangers - rangers fan - cheap cider - Blackthorn. Works every time. ;)

I love the way how they slavishly follow the diktat of the Yorkshire Swizzler on this ethereal, immortal "club", given their attitude towards Hyooge Hauns in almost every other respect. Drole, ca. (In case you're reading, M. Vert.)

This forum was getting a bit stale for a while but then BAM they shoot themselves in the foot. Would be great for feb 14 again if it does go pear shaped tedi . Bendy and Brenda will be foaming at the mouth with anger at this especially as no one warned them this would happen .

Maybe he's the key to that whole dead hooker/photocopier case... ;)

The problems with sale and leaseback, while I agree it is (from some views, at least) an attractive option, are several:

1. How much could they actually sell the bricks and mortar for, and to who?

2. More than a few rangers fans, both on here and IRL, have given sale/leaseback as their "line in the sand". The same applies, of course, to admin, liquidation, the Bus Boys, and many other events which have come and gone without noticeably affecting the support. You have to wonder, though, at what point disgust and embarrassment moves from online ranting to real-life withdrawal of support. I think we may well be approaching that point.

3. Is there any expectation that this would be anything more than quick fix, like a Wonga loan? The fans will still expect a rapid "return"( :lol:) to their "rightful place"( :lol::lol:), and I for one don't see a packed ibrox if they are not bulldozing all-comers on a regular basis. I'm sure the berrz will deny this, but we've all seen how well they draw a crowd when they're not dominant. That's "dominant", not "competitive", btw. If crowds/STs fall, what other income is there? And please don't say "Europe" - my poor wee ribs couldn't take it.

No ones going to come riding to their rescue if admin is drawing near, pick it up on the cheap and out of admin. If those currently running the show want to raise capital they are out of options apart from a sale and lease back. Theres plenty financial companies who would take the gamble, just get security on season ticket sales even if they decline, profit done.

This forum was getting a bit stale for a while but then BAM they shoot themselves in the foot. Would be great for feb 14 again if it does go pear shaped tedi . Bendy and Brenda will be foaming at the mouth with anger at this especially as no one warned them this would happen .

Welcome back to the party, scott. It is always fun to welcome back those who dip in and out. Updates for the Amigos since you were last here:

Tedi is still in self-exile, although he can't keep away from the place. (He thinks nobody notices his wee visits :rolleyes:)

bennett is wondering where the last of his credibility has disappeared to, and has discovered textspeak, which is apparently quite the thing.

Bendy? We haven't had a game of Bingo for a while, but I'm sure he'll be back at some point, having had a bitterness top-up or whatever it is that fuels him.

Anyhoo, like you say, it is indeed an interesting point of the saga. Strap yourself in, it could get bumpy!

No ones going to come riding to their rescue if admin is drawing near, pick it up on the cheap and out of admin. If those currently running the show want to raise capital they are out of options apart from a sale and lease back. Theres plenty financial companies who would take the gamble, just get security on season ticket sales even if they decline, profit done.

It's like Deja Vu all over again...

(Cracking album, btw).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnjiGx-6pII

Brenda lol, copying Densboy that has to be a first....

Anyway there is no foaming at the mouth from me, we never hunted Green and that is that.

Graham Wallace is 30 days into his 120 day review of Rangers cost structure – I’d hate to think how long it would take him if this wasn’t urgent!

Funny if by day 120 he just went "Nah f**k this" and walked away.

Do Rangers have enough money to pay the wages for the next few months? I trust Graham Wallace never budgeted on the basis of the players accepting the wage cuts.

Been catching up with this. I think the funniest thing for me was the McCoist quote about doing all his financial planning for players on the back of fag packet! I think that sums up their predicament in a one sentence. I am suprised that media did not jump on that more...maybe it was a joke.

Up to last week I was sure that they would come through this, albeit with a much smaller, and less experienced squad. The full on panic though being displayed by some of the Rangers minded pundits in the last few days suggests to me that there a few people who really do know more than they are letting on, and things are really really bad. Interesting week or so to go till the transfer door closes...

Have they called Novo yet?