Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

^^^^ Thicko trying to cover up the arse he made of his post :1eye

^^^^ Thicko trying to cover up the arse he made of his post :1eye

Thicko fucking up posting on a football forum type posts imo ^^^^^

I know Fat Sally is an easy target, and I understand why, but I don't think he should be blamed for the overspending on players.

In a big organisation, like a football club of Rangers' size, people have specific tasks. The role of the manager is to get the strongest playing squad he can, he's dependant upon the people above him setting the budget and telling him his limitations. There was a board of directors including people with financial 'expertise' who were supposedly telling him what he could and couldn't do.

I know Fat Sally is an easy target, and I understand why, but I don't think he should be blamed for the overspending on players.

In a big organisation, like a football club of Rangers' size, people have specific tasks. The role of the manager is to get the strongest playing squad he can, he's dependant upon the people above him setting the budget and telling him his limitations. There was a board of directors including people with financial 'expertise' who were supposedly telling him what he could and couldn't do.

True. But equally, did McCoist never think this level of spending seemed excessive? Or consider asking to put £Xm aside for the future, as a 'warchest'? He's spending 20x+ what QotS did in scorching SFL2.

Edited by HibeeJibee

True. But equally, did McCoist never think this level of spending seemed excessive? Or consider asking to put £Xm aside for the future, as a 'warchest'? He's spending 20x+ what QotS did in scorching SFL2.

Not his job to be fair. Even if he did put money aside it would still probably get spent 'installing wi-fi' etc. He's a rubbish manager but blaming him for the clubs finances is just deflecting the blame from those who were actually in charge.

My point is it's not his job and it is the specific job of people above him.

no wonder the club is going Skint when spending small fortunes on a hotel when a 2 hour coach ride would suffice for.tonight's game. How can McCoist keep a straight face when talking to the media? Light training and lunch etc at Murray park followed by a coach to forfar would surely save a good few grand?

You can almost see the headlines/pr spin and it will come as no surprise. "I know promises were made (promises are not legally binding) that we would not entertain selling Ibrox but due to the financial position the old board left us in and the refusal of the players to accept pay cuts ... yadda yadda yadda ... no other options available ... yadda yadda yadda ..... we feel it was the right deal to ensure our one/two year unbroken history remains intact" ...........

Job done .... and nothing can be done about it

Don't they need a 75% vote on that to get that resolution passed?

TBF, a lot of the players brought in weren't rumoured to be his. He doesn't decide the how much and how the long the contracts are.

All this talk of sale and leaseback is mis-leading.

These arrangements are normally used to allow an organisation to release capital tied up in property to improve the business. In Rangers' case this arrangement would be to ensure the continued financing of the business. The question is what company will provide the capital to Rangers for the stadium when there is substantial belief that they would not be able to honour the leaseback portion of the agreement. What would the finance company do with the Stadium?

Additionally, the selling of the stadium would incur a significant tax charge on the disposal due the company already introducing the negative googwill into the business. Where is this money going to come from?

Semi-innumerate, I'd have thought. ;)

Is half shit at numbers not the same as being half good at numbers? Or do i need an external financial consultant?

Sales and lease back: how would this work? Would newco simply be the operator. Would the new owner be responsible for maintenance and up-keep?

Ask ra selliks and they say iprix is made of rusted wriggly tin, rat-shit and asbestos and will collapse into a septic cloud of dust and tears anytime now. Ask ra peeple and it is a 5 star (easy Tedi, easy) International venue, which is in fine condition. FINE.

Of course the answer would be somewhere in the middle but this must have serious ramifications as to the amount sale would generate and the viability over any sale / lease back plan.

Anyway can't be good for the seethco, which is good for me :)

Edited by williemillersmoustache

My point is it's not his job and it is the specific job of people above him.

True......except, he is now a major shareholder (for no investment apart from'time'), one of the biggest individually, and it is his duty to ensure the Club is fiscally run in a manner that is not detrimental to the other shareholders of the Holding Company.

Edited by phasma ex machina

True......except, he is now a major shareholder (for no investment apart from'time'), one of the biggest individually, and it is his duty to ensure the Club is fiscally run in a manner that is not detrimental to the other shareholders of the Holding Company.

That is NOT the role of a shareholder. It IS the role of the Board and the executives (some of who also may be Board members) who work for the club.

That is NOT the role of a shareholder. It IS the role of the Board and the executives (some of who also may be Board members) who work for the club.

Different Board if they work for the Club, ie the one Mr Kra Easdale is on,

And a major shareholders duty is to ensure the Board do their job, or they empty the cnuts at the AGM.

And Ally dumped his responsibilty on a supporters Club ffs........