Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Remind us what you said about the club and PLC being the same thing.

Oh very good, on the back foot are we Dave,or why would you deflect. Certainly, i have no problem in stating The Rangers Football Club was incorporated as a The Rangers Football Club Limited in 1899, i also have no problem in stating that the full history and club continuation has been recognised by those that matter. Hope this helps you, Dave.

Ive let people see the discrepancy... I've told you to post the figure I gave you. You have posted it... Are you caught in a time warp, or forgotten already?

You asked me a question on who you should be challenging, Dave. You got the answer.

Oh very good, on the back foot are we Dave,or why would you deflect. Certainly, i have no problem in stating The Rangers Football Club was incorporated as a The Rangers Football Club Limited in 1899, i also have no problem in stating that the full history and club continuation has been recognised by those that matter. Hope this helps you, Dave.

The CAS are the only ones who matter,

Pursuant to this rule, clubs are not allowed to change their legal form or structure in order to obtain a licence, simply by ‘cleaning up’ their balance sheet while offloading debts onto a new entity that might potentially go bankrupt – thus harming creditors (including employees and social/tax authorities) as well as threatening the integrity of sporting competition. Any such alteration of a club’s legal form or structure is deemed to be an interruption to its membership of a UEFA member association and consequently three years must pass before a club can apply again for a UEFA licence. In other words, the three-year rule is designed basically to avoid circumvention of the club licensing system.
Edited by stonedsailor

The only problem they have is that they have no "Fergus" waiting in the wings .. only spivs and conmen, coupled with the fact that they will gladly accept any old bull and spiel fed to them.

They need to get organised and take the fight to the board.....starve them out.....like we did at our club.

A Fergus type character is exactly what they need.......not some sugar daddy promising them the world.

What about the CAB.

What are your views on the CAS ruling that clubs dumping debt via the newco route have an interrupted membership, ie not continued ie no continuation, of their UEFA member association?

The Rangers' fans argument seems to hinge on continuation of membership being equal to same club or am I wrong?

Did mcculloch take a wage cut after TUPE'd contract came over?

has mccoist been asked to keep goal scoring down due to scoring bonuses by the board?

or are they really that dismal?

i only ask as q1 may explain the salary chat and q2 may explain performances of late

What are your views on the CAS ruling that clubs dumping debt via the newco route have an interrupted membership, ie not continued ie no continuation, of their UEFA member association?

The Rangers' fans argument seems to hinge on continuation of membership being equal to same club or am I wrong?

I can't and won't speak for any Rangers fan but myself. As far as i'm concerned the transfer of the SFA Membership ensured recognition of the history and continuation of the history as the same club, whether there was a liquidation of the plc or not.

I'm also fully aware that Rangers are a current member of UEFA who are operated by a new company, therefore as that company has no accounts to cover the last three years, then as a club we haven't a licence to play in European Competition.

However as other clubs who have went through the same or similar who are members of UEFA have had their continuation fully recognised as the one and the same club since their founding then Rangers are no different to those clubs, whatever country they play in.

When UEFA come out and state unequivocally that clubs, such as Rangers, SCC Napoli, Strasbourg and other member clubs of UEFA from various countries are indeed a new club then i will accept that ruling.

Did mcculloch take a wage cut after TUPE'd contract came over?

has mccoist been asked to keep goal scoring down due to scoring bonuses by the board?

or are they really that dismal?

i only ask as q1 may explain the salary chat and q2 may explain performances of late

Taken from the daily record in 2012....

LEE McCULLOCH last night offered to play for Rangers for free until the club has emerged from its financial crisis.

And Record Sport understands the veteran has also made it clear that, even though he could end up more than a quarter of a million pounds out of pocket, he will not expect any of his money back after the club is in the hands of new owners.

The extraordinary move will place the administrators under enormous pressure not to bullet McCulloch this morning when they arrive at Murray Park to start tapping manager Ally McCoists players on the shoulder as part of a swingeing cost-cutting plan to save £1m a month.

We can also reveal that McCoist has agreed to sign an identical deal to help spare as many of his players as possible from the firing squad.

But McCullochs remarkable pledge to pay to play for the jersey waiving his contractual right to a wage of around £20,000 a week, while placing himself at risk of injury may even have stunned the men from Duff and Phelps who had placed his name on a list of 11 top targets.

McCulloch instructed Players Union chief Fraser Wishart to make the formal offer to the administrators yesterday as the clock ticked down to this mornings expected Murray Park cull.

Jig's one of us plain and simple. It's players like Jig we need in these difficult times.

I did, you've suggested I should be challenging both.

I will be challenging neither.

That's fine, maybe you should refrain from posting info from your source at Rangers then. After all if you can't challenge another source with info far removed from your own why bother, except if it Rangers fans of course. Certainly if i had such a source i would be trying to uphold his and my own credibility, suppose were all different though, Dave

That's fine, maybe you should refrain from posting info from your source at Rangers then. After all if you can't challenge another source with info far removed from your own why bother, except if it Rangers fans of course. Certainly if i had such a source i would be trying to uphold his and my own credibility, suppose were all different though, Dave

Did you not say the info you got from me came via PM?

Edited by dave.j

I can't and won't speak for any Rangers fan but myself. As far as i'm concerned the transfer of the SFA Membership ensured recognition of the history and continuation of the history as the same club, whether there was a liquidation of the plc or not.

I'm also fully aware that Rangers are a current member of UEFA who are operated by a new company, therefore as that company has no accounts to cover the last three years, then as a club we haven't a licence to play in European Competition.

However as other clubs who have went through the same or similar who are members of UEFA have had their continuation fully recognised as the one and the same club since their founding then Rangers are no different to those clubs, whatever country they play in.

When UEFA come out and state unequivocally that clubs, such as Rangers, SCC Napoli, Strasbourg and other member clubs of UEFA from various countries are indeed a new club then i will accept that ruling.

Fair enough, I can accept that view. I stated on another thread that I believe, under current evidence, that Rangers are the same club with a broken membership of the SFA and broken history. I do however also believe that your club's current entity's membership and history of that membership ie since 2012 should be viewed separately to the history of the club pre jiggery pokery. In the same way that ICT have a heritage of numerous HFL honours inextricably connected to our history but won by two different entities.

The thing is no Rangers fan will see a new club but very very few non Rangers fans see the same club.

Two more questions, when you watch Rangers now do you see Rangers or a poor attempt at being Rangers? Your club's name has a different meaning these days, one of shame, disgrace and comedy. Rangers used to be a proud, powerful and enviable name. How does that make you feel?

Taken from the daily record in 2012....

LEE McCULLOCH last night offered to play for Rangers for free until the club has emerged from its financial crisis.

And Record Sport understands the veteran has also made it clear that, even though he could end up more than a quarter of a million pounds out of pocket, he will not expect any of his money back after the club is in the hands of new owners.

The extraordinary move will place the administrators under enormous pressure not to bullet McCulloch this morning when they arrive at Murray Park to start tapping manager Ally McCoists players on the shoulder as part of a swingeing cost-cutting plan to save £1m a month.

We can also reveal that McCoist has agreed to sign an identical deal to help spare as many of his players as possible from the firing squad.

But McCullochs remarkable pledge to pay to play for the jersey waiving his contractual right to a wage of around £20,000 a week, while placing himself at risk of injury may even have stunned the men from Duff and Phelps who had placed his name on a list of 11 top targets.

McCulloch instructed Players Union chief Fraser Wishart to make the formal offer to the administrators yesterday as the clock ticked down to this mornings expected Murray Park cull.

Jig's one of us plain and simple. It's players like Jig we need in these difficult times.

that's only when oldco were in admin till newco took over assets.

it doesn't say he played on for free but does handily say his salary was near £20k at the time...

that's only when oldco were in admin till newco took over assets.

it doesn't say he played on for free but does handily say his salary was near £20k at the time...

Also says he was willing to play for free for the old club.

What did he say when the new club asked him to take a wage reduction?