Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Handy that he's created a profile that covers a minority, it's easier to convey mock offence when your profile claims or suggests to be the minority being offended.

Which minority are you referring to, Dave? The one that believes in the same club fairy-tale?

That link a few pages back seems pretty uncontroversial to me - in short, Old Rangers went bust because they were addicted to overspending and couldn't stop spending when the time came to retrench, no matter how desperately they needed to. New Rangers are well on their way to meeting the same fate.

Can't see why anyone would object and probably anyone who does, deserves to see their football club kick the bucket.

It's a pack of lies i've heard countless times, i'll give it a miss....

I'm sorry - are you accusing me of being a liar? Back that up, if you don't mind. Oh, that's right. you can't. You really are a sleekit, slanderous wee rat.

No doubt you're upset because yet again you've been shown up as an absolute rocket on here. I'm afraid the solution is in your own hands, Vicky. Believe me, given the years (now) of knee-jerk abuse directed at me and my family, as well as many other decent posters on here, I'd love to take the credit for showing you up as a vile, mendacious little shitebag.

Unfortunately, nobody could do as good a job as you.

No Bennett, get horsed out of the Scottish cup by a team with around a 5th of our budget is almost as embarrassing as getting horsed out of the Scottish cup by a team with an 8th of their budget...almost but not quite, I am sure Rico would agree.

I hope you didn't drive home in that condition, Tedi.

Your wee mate could do with some help tonight - reckon you can lend him some deflector shields?

No Bennett, get horsed out of the Scottish cup by a team with around a 5th of our budget is almost as embarrassing as getting horsed out of the Scottish cup by a team with an 8th of their budget...almost but not quite, I am sure Rico would agree.

Is that you back with your finger accounting because the back of a fag packet accounting is too difficult for you ?, it is a stick on certainty that those figures you plucked out of thin air will be much worse viewing than you have initially thought when the accounts get released at the last minute as usual to compare the actual clubs expenditures for this season.

Highlight of the night, Bennett getting owned by Tedi.

Highlight of the night, Bennett getting owned by Tedi.

I don't think that's what he means - it's what he's typed, but I'm really struggling to translate it into something comprehensible.

It's certainly the most bizarre arse-lick I've seen on here, that's for sure. I really hope the Leader didn't drive home tonight.

I see the mercenary FPLG is trumpeting his 'marvelous unbeaten run' in the painters and plumbers league. He'd rather plod on with this tired ridiculous record than sort out the team for next season by blooding the youth and assessing their potential ...

You have to love him for the sheer entertainment and laughter he has provided us whilst taking his pieces of silver. Couple this with the embarrassment he has caused the bears it's hilarious.

They are embarrassed right?

He can't risk blooding the youngsters as it may ruin the H/T - Draw. F/T - Win bonus scheme.

what the supporters think is best for the club and what the club has done in the way of spending money are two different opinions on how rangers should be run.

why do you think the supporters clubs are at odds with the BoD in the first place

deary me. :lol:

But you are backing a convicted crook who doesnt want a Sevco "who lose to Aberdeen or Hibs" and claims to have to spend tens of millions to catch Celtic

Deary Me

Edited by G-MAN

a good result was important last night for morale

the strongest available team was fielded.

Well, if the NewCo goes the same way as the Old because you spent all your money and couldn't pay your bills, at least you'll have golden memories like walloping Forfar to look back on.

Oh fucking dearie me ... ma meter ... oh noes.

Edit: I've said similar to Youngsy in one form or another (we know you have the memory of a goldfish). I've repeatedly denounced Youngsy's assertions it's Craigy's fault when I come across them.

The article provides more in depth detail ...

It's posted for those that enjoy a damned good read and laugh

I haven’t revisited the RIPLC accounts which drew comment last week (might be worth an update later), but the important information to glean from them is the cost of running a football operation at a stadium which can occasionally host >40,000 people You’re looking at circa £19m annually, before you employ a footballer.

I don’t see a way forward This is a dead multi-club football franchise, killed by 1,000 reckless acts Even the youth team scenario is unaffordable.

The hedge funds will know this already Remember what John Brown claims Charles Green told him he would do to Ibrox if he was messed with Raze it to the ground, apparently After Newco Youth Team has spent a year-or-so bouncing around, we’ll hear that Ibrox is unsustainable as a football stadium (which I could believe). It will be razed and re-designated as an industrial area.

.. for those people that might otherwise miss it.

Rangers and THE Ragers ... football's laughing stock.

To be fair (living up to my handle), that argument must also apply to Celtic. Similar-sized stadium, similar crowds, same kind of running costs, same need to pull in money to balance those books.

Assuming the Scottish co-efficient stays at a level that gives one team the chance to compete in the Champions League, I can almost see the Rangers' business plan. If they can stay alive long enough to knock Celtic off their perch somehow, then the tables are well and truly turned. A huge risk but they've already shown once that they're willing to accept the downside of that risk.

there was not one entity entirely responsable for the mess rangers found themselves in during 2011/12 almost all factors involved played their part in bringing the club to its knees. to say one was entirely to blame is pure fantasy like that blog.

it almost like saying don't blame craig whyte because thats just the way he is and operates his businesses. like leave your window open and its your fault if you get robbed.

the event was brought about due to a combination of factors including the culture at the club and the mindset of some more vocal supporters and media in demanding success and not backing off for a few years in an arms race with celtic. the board from the time with david murray should have shown more backbone.

Awww, bless. Poor rangers. They deserved better.

Snappy wee phrase for the headstone, right there.

there was not one entity entirely responsable for the mess rangers found themselves in during 2011/12 almost all factors involved played their part in bringing the club to its knees. to say one was entirely to blame is pure fantasy like that blog.

it almost like saying don't blame craig whyte because thats just the way he is and operates his businesses. like leave your window open and its your fault if you get robbed.

the event was brought about due to a combination of factors including the culture at the club and the mindset of some more vocal supporters and media in demanding success and not backing off for a few years in an arms race with celtic. the board from the time with david murray should have shown more backbone.

So you agree entirely with the blog.

To be fair (living up to my handle), that argument must also apply to Celtic. Similar-sized stadium, similar crowds, same kind of running costs, same need to pull in money to balance those books.

Assuming the Scottish co-efficient stays at a level that gives one team the chance to compete in the Champions League, I can almost see the Rangers' business plan. If they can stay alive long enough to knock Celtic off their perch somehow, then the tables are well and truly turned. A huge risk but they've already shown once that they're willing to accept the downside of that risk.

Depends on how Celtic go about their business while they are the sole beneficiaries of the Champions League cash. Based on the last few years results, I think they can break even by making the Champions League 1 in every 3 seasons. That obviously includes selling players for big money, which is not a given. If they can operate on a no debt basis while they are getting there unchallenged then it would take 4 or 5 seasons without the Champions League before they were in serious trouble. Even at that, if Rangers follow the Dave King plan the CL money would only cover what they have over spent, which means they would still be in the shit unless they made it to the CL several seasons running. We know from past performance that 2 or 3 years of CL in a row for either of the Old Firm is a massive achievement, so to base your business plan on getting there every year would be utter madness.

so lenny's not interested in giving the youngsters a shot?

obviously scared of being ridiculed by the supporters media and rangers supporters if his team loses to saint johnstone or inverness because he didn't play the strongest team available

the pressure of being old firm :lol:

I might be wrong, but during the season he has given first team appearances to Tony Watt, Eoghan O'Connell, Bahrudin Atajic, Darnell Fisher and Liam Henderson. Fisher and Henderson are the only 2 who have been given anything like a regular chance. He should be doing far more, but he is at least giving some of the younger players a chance.

McCoist is quite understandably trying to deflect from the piss poor general performance level and shambolic cup defeats. Going the entire league season undefeated when you have a wage budget that is many multiples of the rest of the division put together is not a great achievement, it is the very least you should be hoping to achieve through the season. The same goes for Celtic, although the standard of their opponent is much higher.

Can only see The Pars and, maybe, Ayr popping this balloon. Quite how we can do them over yet no other team in League1 has managed it is beyond me - poor poor effort lads,

I reciprocate the cross-Fife support we experienced in the final...... "Mon the Pars!!!" :blink: