Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Somers hits back at King

Rangers Chairman David Somers has reacted angrily to comments from former director Dave King suggesting the club's board should be investigated by the police.

Rangers-chairman-David-Somers_3054244.jp

David Somers: Angry response to Dave King's comments

Police Scotland have confirmed they will investigate a complaint from a Rangers shareholder that Chief Executive Graham Wallace made misleading statements about the club's finances at December's AGM that may be in contravention of the Companies Act.

Wallace released his business review of the Glasgow club on Friday but King reacted angrily to it and questioned the assertion that Rangers had enough finances in place to last the season.

"It is seriously wrong for this board to state in the review that at the time of the AGM the board, and the CEO in particular, believed that there was sufficient cash to last until the end of the current season," said King.

"It is beyond doubt that the CEO and other board members (were) aware last December that there was insufficient cash. The CEO is now subject to a criminal complaint, but I believe that his comments were made with the full knowledge of the board.

"Certainly no one came out to contradict him. We should therefore expect any criminal investigation to extend to other board members."

Somers has hit back, however, issuing a statement defending the conduct of the board.

"Graham Wallace is working tirelessly and doing an excellent job in leading the rebuild of our football club by creating a Rangers our fans can be proud of," read his statement.

"He will continue to develop the club's long-term future plan which will return us to the top of Scottish football and competing in Europe.

"Any suggestions of inappropriate behaviour by him in relation to his duties as Chief Executive Officer are odious and unfounded. They will be defended with full rigour, if a substantiated complaint is ever put to him or Rangers.

"The history and facts have been explained in both the Interim Statement and the Business Review summary.

"Any media reports to the contrary are based on rumour and gossip which is damaging to the football club.

"If Mr King wishes to engage in constructive dialogue, then the door remains open. Regrettably however, he continues to make fictitious, inaccurate and misleading comments which are very unhelpful."

is it only me or does david sommers actually look a bit like magee in that pic ? :ph34r:

Edited by forever_blue

Knickers getting in a twist in here as usual.

The board will sell up to King in a couple of weeks. Then back to business.

The board will "sell up" to King... Sounds interesting, can you give me a bit more detail on what you are talking about.

What will the board, who own very little, sell?

The board will "sell up" to King... Sounds interesting, can you give me a bit more detail on what you are talking about.

What will the board, who own very little, sell?

The major shareholders will sell up to King and their front men on the board will be gone.

Why be difficult?

The major shareholders will sell up to King and their front men on the board will be gone.

Why be difficult?

Their "front men" on the board?

Can you tell me which board member is linked to which major shareholder, and if there is no physical link or paper trail. How did you come to this conclusion.

Their "front men" on the board?

Can you tell me which board member is linked to which major shareholder, and if there is no physical link or paper trail. How did you come to this conclusion.

You've not answered my question yet. This isn't a press conference.

How many top tier titles you guys at now?

Celtic have won the Scottish League Championship on 45 occasions, most recently in the 201314 season, the Scottish Cup 36 times and the Scottish League Cup 14 times. In 1967, Celtic won an unprecedented quintuple: not only becoming the first British team to win the European Cup but also winning the Scottish League Championship, the Scottish Cup, the Scottish League Cup, and the Glasgow Cup. Celtic also reached the 1970 European Cup Final, and the 2003 UEFA Cup Final.

;)

You've not answered my question yet. This isn't a press conference.

I'm not being difficult, i'm trying to have a conversation, discuss this subject and be educated on it.

A Rangers fan, obviously with inside knowledge, has just told us Dave King will be the majority(?) shareholder of the company that runs Rangers, that all the major shareholders will be gone, along with the current board of directors of the company.

And all this within 2 weeks.

Now, over to you.

Edited by dave.j

Celtic have won the Scottish League Championship on 45 occasions, most recently in the 201314 season, the Scottish Cup 36 times and the Scottish League Cup 14 times. In 1967, Celtic won an unprecedented quintuple: not only becoming the first British team to win the European Cup but also winning the Scottish League Championship, the Scottish Cup, the Scottish League Cup, and the Glasgow Cup. Celtic also reached the 1970 European Cup Final, and the 2003 UEFA Cup Final.

;)

Maybe one day!

I'm not being difficult, i'm trying to have a conversation, discuss this subject and be educated on it.

Now, over to you.

No you are being difficult. On purpose. Conversations and discussions would go a lot better if people weren't so picky and obtuse. You knew what i was on about from my first post...

I think from the way the board has acted it's clear that they're more interested in the anonymous backers and the hedgefunds bank accounts rather than the good of the club. This is my opinion, of course it would be very hard and time consuming for me to post a trail of evidence but generally speaking the AGM lies, the dodgy loan, wallace's behaviour, the 120 day review leads me to believe the "bad guys" are running the show at the minute. I think that when ST sales have amounted to very little the shareholders will want out, they will then sell up to King and the board will be completely different with King being majority shareholder and other men on the board.

Knickers getting in a twist in here as usual.

The board will sell up to King in a couple of weeks. Then back to business.

King shouldn't pass the "fit and proper person" test, he's a convicted fraudster, tax-dodger, whatever, simples.