Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Reading those Clyde statements about the conduct of Doncaster and Regan just makes me angry all over again. It really does show what those keen to prevent Rangers from carrying on regardless, were up against. In that context, it's remarkable that they did have to join the 3rd division and we did get some reconstruction that's been beneficial. It's just galling that these dishonest p***ks have remained in positions of influence.

I'm not really seeing any big changes regarding reconstruction, infact it looks like a bit of a sham to me.

Which parts of reconstruction do you like?

It was a 1 year registration embargo which covered 2 transfer windows, we were able to register Daly after the embargo was ended.

Again this old ground and what is the point of bringing it up again?

Aye sure you are :lol: , we all know the truth though don't we.

Even now we still have the ridiculous notion proposed that a football club that can 'only' challenge Hibs and Partick is a club not worth supporting.

This bit stood out for me, thats why i cut it out.

What you say is true to an extent but what a lot of fans object to is the amount of the money leaving the club and going to board members/hedge funders etc and leaving little for the playing side. Like most fans they want to see the money going into the playing side rather than lining pockets.

That was the post I replied to, now unless there were 30 SPL teams, you were the one that fucked up again.

Yes yes Tedi and did you read the part of Adonis's post pertaining to an SPL vote to which he also states that the oldco Rangers took part in the vote to allow a newco Rangers to enter the SPL ?.

Terrible back tracking dude and might have been better to man up you fucked up and made a mistake instead of getting the shovel out. :lol:

and you caught it before the edit :D

Maybe he realised that his abusive/neddish comemnts were nothing to be proud of and decided to try and spare his blushes.

Shame that i quoted it.

I'm not really seeing any big changes regarding reconstruction, infact it looks like a bit of a sham to me.

Which parts of reconstruction do you like?

The Premiership play-offs, a more equitable distribution of revenue and a pyramid structure are all big positive changes imo.

The Premiership play-offs, a more equitable distribution of revenue and a pyramid structure are all big positive changes imo.

1 Premiership team and 3 (former) SFL 1 teams (i think?) Would not it be fairer to have a straight play off between 2nd bottom and 2nd top, rather than the current set up which favours the top tier team?

You do have point about revenue but again it could be so much more.

The big one would have been a larger top tier league with teams playing each other twice and i've always felt this would have seen more attacking football played as the fear of relegation was removed from a lot of teams.

The new/old club discussion does tend to bore ones tits right off at times.

If Sevco(titter) fans want to believe they're the same club what's the harm?

I, along with many, many others believe they're a new club. No harm there either.

It's an argument that will never be resolved imo.

Although I'm right. ;)

1 Premiership team and 3 (former) SFL 1 teams (i think?) Would not it be fairer to have a straight play off between 2nd bottom and 2nd top, rather than the current set up which favours the top tier team?

The big one would have been a larger top tier league with teams playing each other twice and i've always felt this would have seen more attacking football played as the fear of relegation was removed from a lot of teams.

Oh, I agree it could have been better, but it's a hell of a lot better than we had and at least it's a start. The turkeys have voted for christmas so the least we should expect is a bit of an insurance policy. My preference would be the Premiership playoff mirroring the seaside league playoffs.

What point are you trying to make here?

are you another one that wants to have another oldco / newco discussion?

Really?

Sorry I am to think to do this again.

FTFY. ;)

^ ^ ^

Desperate rewriting of history.

Rangers fans embraced the SFL 3rd division when it came apparent that they were not getting rid of what Tedi deemed as an illegal transfer embargo, Rangers fans unlike the Hearts fans couldn't face supporting a severely weakened squad of players in the SPL and realistically facing relegation like Hearts have suffered through admin.

OK hands up. Which kant hijacked the QC's account and turned him in to a fucking idiot? Let me break it down:

The QC said: Rangers fans embraced the SFL 3rd division when it came apparent that they were not getting rid of....an illegal transfer embargo,

The truth says: Rangers fans were grateful at being accepted in to SFL3 seeing as we'd gone tits-up and had no where else to go.

The QC said: Rangers fans unlike the Hearts fans couldn't face supporting a severely weakened squad of players in the SPL and realistically facing relegation like Hearts have suffered through admin.

The truth says: Rangers had no SPL option. We went in to liquidation so lost our share. Any parallels to Hertz here exist entirely in your own febrile brain.

Who is really rewriting history?

Edited to add: I have posted elsewhere that I admire how Hertz have dealt with admin; how lucky they are to have Ann Budge and how I wish them well. My comment was saying nothing bad towards Hearts.

Edited by The_Kincardine

The debate about how Rangers fans have handled this in comparison to Hearts one is interesting. Obviously the idea that all have been humbly accepting while every Rangers fan ranted belligerently at all-comers is not strictly accurate.

I do think it's a little dishonest however to suggest that most Rangers fans who advocated SFL 3 did so out of a desire to atone for the club's sins. Some individuals felt a bit that way - Ted and No8 among them as I recall. There's no doubt at all however, that much of the willingness to re-emerge in the bottom tier was born of a desire to damage the other SPL sides. I also think there was a desire for SFL 3 as it would surely enable progress, whereas a seriously handicapped top flight Rangers held little appeal.

I also actually think Hearts fans have probably learned a little from the Rangers mess. The "we'll sink you" narrative was pretty unedifying and I think now that fans in similar positions, even Rangers ones this time around, are shying away from it. I do remember though that Dundee fans came out with similar boycott drivel back in the day, when hit by a 25 point SFL penalty.

If it really does head to another insolvency, it'll be interesting to see if Rangers fans take a markedly different approach.

My Reply made it clear I was referring only to the SFL vote

Adonis only talks about the SFL

You blunder in and claim oldco voted in the vote, which of course they did not, you fucked up and have the cheek to try and pin it on me.

Try and pay attention, there is a reason why I no longer debate with you, this latest episode demonstrates nothing has changed.

WOW ! :blink: you are fucking terrible at trying to dig yourself out of a hole.

You may feel this latest spat is of nothing has changed, I haven't even insulted you yet ffs Tedi.

Point of fact is you responded to one of my posts where the content of the post contained material only referencing the SPL vote and that the oldco took part in a vote. Your reply was "no they didn't".

Tedi it is you who is missing the point as usual. The vote was to allow a newco Rangers into the leagues to which the Oldco Rangers also took part in a vote.

It has fcuk all to do with new club, same club argument.

eta, Tedi do explain how a club gets to vote whether or not it is allowed to enter back into a league to which you believe it's the same club ?, remember it was the clubs in the SPL who voted.

The post above is where you have confused yourself from and it all starts from this post from Adonis where Adonis points out the SPL vote.

Ach, whilst I'm reminiscing about what everyone claims they wanted/didn't want.

I think it's good to remember that in the SPL vote it was 10 against 1 abstained and 1 voted for NewRangers (by the way it was OldRangers that voted for NewRangers.... shurely shome mishtake :).

On admission to SPL1? It was a mere 25-5 against.... Way to go!

Or as all NewRangers FC fans call it...... Turnbull Hutton-tastic!

Yours

aDONis

You yourself maintained that it was a vote to kick them out of football and I have stated it was a vote to allow a newco into the leagues and where I have pulled you up about it and now here we are.

OK hands up. Which kant hijacked the QC's account and turned him in to a fucking idiot? Let me break it down:

The QC said: Rangers fans embraced the SFL 3rd division when it came apparent that they were not getting rid of....an illegal transfer embargo,

The truth says: Rangers fans were grateful at being accepted in to SFL3 seeing as we'd gone tits-up and had no where else to go.

The QC said: Rangers fans unlike the Hearts fans couldn't face supporting a severely weakened squad of players in the SPL and realistically facing relegation like Hearts have suffered through admin.

The truth says: Rangers had no SPL option. We went in to liquidation so lost our share. Any parallels to Hertz here exist entirely in your own febrile brain.

Who is really rewriting history?

Edited to add: I have posted elsewhere that I admire how Hertz have dealt with admin; how lucky they are to have Ann Budge and how I wish them well. My comment was saying nothing bad towards Hearts.

Calling me a fucking idiot doesn't make it so, but you posting over something I have posted makes you a fucking idiot and is more to the truth. :P

i remember this as i replied regarding how refreshing it was to see the comments come from a rangers fan.

you are one of the better ones

As AberdeenBud said, the changes don't go far enough, but they represent a huge improvement.

The play-offs do favour the top flight side over any given club from the next tier that's involved, but until this season there's been no chance whatever. We got a shot for finishing 4th whereas last season we wouldn't have, even for coming 2nd.

I also welcome the idea of all 42 sides being governed by the same body, although I wish different figures were at the helm. This has also seen a sensible relaxation of punitive stadium criteria.

Financial distribution has also become fairer, although I worry that the cliff face has been shifted down a level, rather than ironed out.

The changes we've got have been big though and seemed unthinkable not long ago.