Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's actually French. In the same way as chaise longue, armoire, or baguette are used in English. Pesky Latin languages, corrupting the Queen's language, eh? ;)

The word I used to start this bit of the thread was actually 'louping'. It then went 'off piste'. 'Louping and 'loup' are good Scottish words and nothing to do with wolves. You clearly ken not Rabbi Burns.

Another odd post from you. You really don't do this discussion well. My assertion was simple: "'I'd go far to say that we may even have more fans watching the 2nd tier than we do for the top tier."

I may be wrong but, surely it isnt so contentious a point?

Absolutely inarguable, to the extent you would have more chance of finding an argument if you'd asserted that there was sand on A*r beach.

The word I used to start this bit of the thread was actually 'louping'. It then went 'off piste'. 'Louping and 'loup' are good Scottish words and nothing to do with wolves. You clearly ken not Rabbi Burns.

I absolutely do, as he's a local boy for us A*rshiremen.

The post I replied to was you showing a picture of a loupe, which is described - in English - with the original French nomenclature.

loupe (lo̅o̅p)

n.
A small magnifying glass usually set in an eyepiece and used chiefly by watchmakers and jewelers.
[French, from Old French, flawed gem, probably of Germanic origin*.]
* Looks like it might have more in common with Lizzie than I first thought - hey ho, every day's a school day. :)

'Loup' is French for wolf. You are right Bing, Kinky just can't jettison RaPeepul superiority complex.

Whereas Lipan is the name of a tribe of the Apache nation. A band of Lipan are known as Tcho Kana, which means 'Pulverising People'. :o Just a little known and likely irrelevant fact. A bit like the rest of this thread, of late. :(

Never had a horse, of any number of hands, Just curious what your motivation for the original assertion was. At least the wolf malarkey led us to some hitherto-unknown stuff.

What I said was a simple comment about when Hamilton scored in the 90th minute: Easter Road must have been louping.

That then produced a discussion about wolves and lupine and loupes. Pretty normal on here. I still stand by it. When Accies scored on the 90th minute, Easter Road must have been louping.

What I said was a simple comment about when Hamilton scored in the 90th minute: Easter Road must have been louping.

That then produced a discussion about wolves and lupine and loupes. Pretty normal on here. I still stand by it. When Accies scored on the 90th minute, Easter Road must have been louping.

Indeed you can stand by it. By your reference to Burns, mind, you should be aware that "louping", in the West, tends to mean dirty, as in "loupin' wi' (insert parasite here)". An online Scots dictionary gives us:

loup or lowp (pronounced lowp):

• To loup is to leap or jump.
    • If you wait long enough, you might see a salmon louping.
    A loup is a leap or jump. See also loup the dyke at dyke.

loupin or lowpin (pronounced lowp-in):

• 1. In the Glasgow area loupin means throbbing or extremely sore.2. Loupin can also mean full of or infested by.
    • Ma heid's loupin.
    • The pub was loupin wi football supporters

An ordinary online dictionary informs us that "louping" is a fatal disease in sheep. :blink: Careful, AD! ;)

Indeed you can stand by it. By your reference to Burns, mind, you should be aware that "louping", in the West, tends to mean dirty, as in "loupin' wi' (insert parasite here)". An online Scots dictionary gives us:

loup or lowp (pronounced lowp):

• To loup is to leap or jump.
    • If you wait long enough, you might see a salmon louping.
    A loup is a leap or jump. See also loup the dyke at dyke.

loupin or lowpin (pronounced lowp-in):

• 1. In the Glasgow area loupin means throbbing or extremely sore.2. Loupin can also mean full of or infested by.
    • Ma heid's loupin.
    • The pub was loupin wi football supporters

An ordinary online dictionary informs us that "louping" is a fatal disease in sheep. :blink: Careful, AD! ;)

I am pretty sure, even after all you posted, that Easter Road was louping when Accies scored. Tell me I am wrang/rang.

having hamilton instead of hibs in the premiership will take a bite out of some clubs ticket revenue.

on a press report - begbies traynor's red flag alert football distress report has 3 clubs facing grave financial pressure and 16 of 32 clubs from the 3 top divisions showing early, but less serious signs of distress. no names on who they are, but i will endeavour to find out.

praise given to motherwell, ayr, annan and stenhousemuir. aberdeen bucking the downturn also mentioned

better hope rangers get through this then.

No difference to us. Dundee will bring more than Hearts and Hibs anyway.

I'd go far to say that we may even have more fans watching the 2nd tier than we do for the top tier.

I don't think there's much doubt of that. In the same way that the Sun is the Uk's most popular newspaper, and all those "talent" shows on ITV get many more viewers than anything on BBC2.

There really won't. It will be an interesting league but there won't be more people watching it than the top flight. Cowdenbeath and Alloa are in there, ffs. :lol:

Hibs doing Sevco a favour and giving them a run for their money in the embarrassing football club coefficient.

There really won't. It will be an interesting league but there won't be more people watching it than the top flight. Cowdenbeath and Alloa are in there, ffs. :lol:

The challenge to 'the top flight' is simply this: Nae c**t gives a f**k. Celtic will have their procession; Abeerdeen, Motherwell and DU will have a scrap for 2/3/4 place and the rest doesn't matter.

The Championship is where it will be at in Scottish football next season!

Both those teams at home to Hibs, Hearts and Sevco will be a sellout.

I'm not 100% sure on their respective ground capacities but I'm pretty sure they will have a bigger crowd than Hamilton or Inverness at home to lots of the teams that will be participating in the premiership.

For example how many do you think will attend Hamilton v Ross C?

A quick google search says 3100 (Alloa) and 4370 (Cowdenbeath)

Edited by Gaz FFC