Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'd go far to say that we may even have more fans watching the 2nd tier than we do for the top tier.

I don't think there's much doubt of that. In the same way that the Sun is the Uk's most popular newspaper, and all those "talent" shows on ITV get many more viewers than anything on BBC2.

There really won't. It will be an interesting league but there won't be more people watching it than the top flight. Cowdenbeath and Alloa are in there, ffs. :lol:

Hibs doing Sevco a favour and giving them a run for their money in the embarrassing football club coefficient.

There really won't. It will be an interesting league but there won't be more people watching it than the top flight. Cowdenbeath and Alloa are in there, ffs. :lol:

The challenge to 'the top flight' is simply this: Nae c**t gives a f**k. Celtic will have their procession; Abeerdeen, Motherwell and DU will have a scrap for 2/3/4 place and the rest doesn't matter.

The Championship is where it will be at in Scottish football next season!

Both those teams at home to Hibs, Hearts and Sevco will be a sellout.

I'm not 100% sure on their respective ground capacities but I'm pretty sure they will have a bigger crowd than Hamilton or Inverness at home to lots of the teams that will be participating in the premiership.

For example how many do you think will attend Hamilton v Ross C?

A quick google search says 3100 (Alloa) and 4370 (Cowdenbeath)

Edited by Gaz FFC

How many would want to watch hibs v Sevco on the tv as the centre halves hoof long ball after long ball at each other!

Well more people watched Rangers games on Sky TV last season than any other Scottish club so i think it is safe to assume quite a few.

Well more people watched Rangers games on Sky TV last season than any other Scottish club so i think it is safe to assume quite a few.

that'l be all the true blue supporters who post on here during games instead of actually going.

you know,all the expert ones.

Edited by lithgierose

this blog only mentions the top 5 games with high viewing figures, the next five not shown might all be rangers games??

so ok celtic v county managed the highest but that's only what's listed, but there's no viewing figures given for all of rangers televised games compared to celtic, there's only average figures given from the premiership also the attached spreadsheet doesn't have the figures for all of rangers televised games. i'm sure rangers were televised in domestic games more than celtic were.

where are the figures for rangers tv?

i'm talking about all viewing figures here

maybe folk are watching 'rangers' games in a fascinated 'catch them before they disappear into extiction' way

Edited by Ken Fitlike

The challenge to 'the top flight' is simply this: Nae c**t gives a f**k. Celtic will have their procession; Abeerdeen, Motherwell and DU will have a scrap for 2/3/4 place and the rest doesn't matter.

The Championship is where it will be at in Scottish football next season!

The championship will be full of has-beens and ne'er-do-wells, as per usual. What will be different next season?

i'll make this easier by posting the article, since no one wants to admit the possibility. :rolleyes:

maybe armaggedon is a slow death rather than sudden for all the clubs without rangers and a semi decent tv deal?

what if doncaster is right, surely he has better access to the facts and figures much more than the so called financial experts on here?

obviously celtic have no ambition when not pushed by rangers, this could weaken celtic into a declining spiral and unable to step up when a motivated rangers get back to the top league.

Rangers' problems played huge part in Neil Lennon leaving Celtic
Neil.jpg
Neil Lennon has waved goodbye to Celtic after four successful years in charge

With Vincent Hogan – 26 May 2014

It's surely the most striking irony of Neil Lennon's departure from Celtic that the financial calamities suffered by Rangers had a fundamental role to play.

With the Old Firm rivalry indefinitely decommissioned, Scotland's Premiership has shed even the illusion of authentic competition.

Celtic won this season's title by 29 points with a goal difference of plus 77, compared to second-placed Motherwell's plus four. In other words, the league was about as competitive as a crocodile attack on a puppy.

Without Rangers in their faces, Celtic's existence has never seemed less urgent, less relevant. Worse, the board clearly realise they can sell marketable players (like Gary Hooper and Victor Wanyama) without any significant impediment to their chances of stockpiling titles.

This, for Lennon, was wretchedly bad news. He has shown himself to be a bright, tactically astute manager, particularly in the environment of Champions League football.

Yet the Celtic board clearly believes it would be financially imprudent to the point of daftness to pursue anything beyond habitual qualification for that competition.

Lennon's natural ambition, thus, was always destined to become a point of conflict with his employers.

He wanted to strengthen a squad that the board recognised was already strong enough to be deemed certainties for next season's Premiership title and, quite probably, the one beyond.

Without Rangers, Celtic essentially lost the will to grow. Lennon came to understand that. He left because to stay would have been professional surrender.

Aw, poor SNAFU no-one took him up on his offer to discuss a biased opinion piece which points out what the diddies have been saying for over 2 years. When Rangers die Celtic will move into terminal decline. The big news is that it took Vincent Hogan and Neil Lennon two years to realise this.

you can post on here from almost every football ground in the country, coverage allowing these days of course.

surely you realise this, surely. :huh::lol:

and you can also post pics of said grounds during games when asked.but it never happens :-)

i think you will find there was concern 2 years ago from lennon over missing o.f. games, bit of a u-turn with his later comments over not needing rangers. he knew.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18112713

as for vince hogan, for you this is a tree that fell in the forest that you heard and all trees that fell before made no sound because when they landed since you didn't hear them.

I'll take a quarter oz of whatever you're toking and if it's as good as your post implies I'll be back for the KG.

you can post on here from almost every football ground in the country, coverage allowing these days of course.

surely you realise this, surely. :huh::lol:

that'll be the Wifi in action at last!! :P