Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I cannot speak for others but I can give you an insight to how it feels to lose a club.

The club I was emotionally attached to were destroyed in a merger. I still cannot muster up the same attachment to the new club.

The first two or three seasons I pretended there was no merger, it was a take over of a lesser club. Eventually I accepted that I was wrong and changed my loyalties to the new club. Others stopped supporting the club at the time of merger, some have returned, some will die without seeing them play.

Emotions are nothing but chemical reactions in the brain, people react differently due to their learned responses. Some will accept the torment and carry it with them. Others, who are stronger, will move on with their lives and proiritise more import issues than a game which they are not even participants.

Why do you let the success or failure of others affect your emotional state? Are you not strong enough to control it? Would it not be more logical to take control and remove torment from your life?

The former Rangers fans seemed to have no bother changing over to Sevco - stop whingeing :lol:

Dasodaha, your club change is an odd one. I know a few guys who've changed clubs and I thought they were then not to be taken seriously in a football conversation ever again.

Sexaul partners are a subject which cause as much emotional activies in human beings as sports teams. If someone changes sexual partner from their first ever attachment does that mean they should no longer be taken seriously on the subject of sexual activity ever again?

Sexaul partners are a subject which cause as much emotional activies in human beings as sports teams. If someone changes sexual partner from their first ever attachment does that mean they should no longer be taken seriously on the subject of sexual activity ever again?

Ask Vicky - "dear Joan" thread for this pish please. If you recall, this is a point n laff at the buns goin bust

Ask Vicky - "dear Joan" thread for this pish please. If you recall, this is a point n laff at the buns goin bust

Sorry I did not mean to insult your emotional falabilities as I was discussing jim's point.

Eff off and do it elsewhere then. Emotionally busted thread for this pish

I apologise and you get peraonal? You really are a dick. This is not your thread, nor are you a mod, you can eff of back to RM if you don't like it.

I cannot speak for others but I can give you an insight to how it feels to lose a club.

The club I was emotionally attached to were destroyed in a merger. I still cannot muster up the same attachment to the new club.

The first two or three seasons I pretended there was no merger, it was a take over of a lesser club. Eventually I accepted that I was wrong and changed my loyalties to the new club. Others stopped supporting the club at the time of merger, some have returned, some will die without seeing them play.

Emotions are nothing but chemical reactions in the brain, people react differently due to their learned responses. Some will accept the torment and carry it with them. Others, who are stronger, will move on with their lives and proiritise more import issues than a game which they are not even participants.

Why do you let the success or failure of others affect your emotional state? Are you not strong enough to control it? Would it not be more logical to take control and remove torment from your life?

Thanks for the reply.

I may be wrong but is it possible you were an Inverness Thistle fan?

The question of changing clubs is more pertinent in this part of the world due to Caley/Jags/ICT and other Scottish clubs all being supported prior to the merger.

Anyhow, you say you are unable to muster the same attachment to the new club and this is my point.

Changing your team for whatever reason would surely make it hard to have the same attachment to your new chosen team. It was one of the reasons I doubted that the average Rangers, fan in the event of them ceasing to exist, would latch on to another team and spread the wealth.

I appreciate also where you are coming from with the emotion thing but surely the ups and downs, the hope and excitement pre match, the highs of occasional success is why we all bother with the game?

My emotional state is fine ta. I think its natural to be down when my team loses. I don't cry, hit folk, kick the dog etc and as far as my kids know I'm in fine form.

Thanks for the reply.

The question of changing clubs is more pertinent in this part of the world due to Caley/Jags/ICT and other Scottish clubs all being supported prior to the merger.

Anyhow, you say you are unable to muster the same attachment to the new club and this is my point.

Changing your team for whatever reason would surely make it hard to have the same attachment to your new chosen team. It was one of the reasons I doubted that the average Rangers, fan in the event of them ceasing to exist, would latch on to another team and spread the wealth.

I appreciate also where you are coming from with the emotion thing but surely the ups and downs, the hope and excitement pre match, the highs of occasional success is why we all bother with the game?

My emotional state is fine ta. I think its natural to be down when my team loses. I don't cry, hit folk, kick the dog etc and as far as my kids know I'm in fine form.

if rangers closed down completely i wouldn't switch to a new team . Because i couldn't. I would still take a keen interest in football and instead probably travel round England,Germany ,Holland etc to sample and take in games every now and then. As for supporting anyone else i just don't know how people can do it.

Thanks for the reply.

You seem to be well grounded and the emotional rewards of supporting your club obviously outweigh the downs.

My analogy of sexual partners was more aimed at the torment Rangers fans are experiencing from their club. If a woman treated me the way Rangers are treating their fans I would move on, I may never feel the same way about another woman but there's no way I am letting an influence beyond my control destroy my life. I either learn to adapt and enjoy what I have or move om and get my enjoyment from a more suitable source. I prefer to control my own destiny rather than have others map it out. Moving on is more logical to me than letting my emotions be controlled by others.

Rangers fans allowing spivs to take all and return nothing is illogical to me, telling the club to eff off and giving their emotions to another club is the logical step.

Edit, I was a Caley fan I am not a fan of ICT I am a supporter but not fanatical about them. I am also a supporter of Brora Rangers.

My kids are better ICT fans than I ever will be.

Edited by stonedsailor

You seem to be well grounded and the emotional rewards of supporting your club obviously outweigh the downs.

My analogy of sexual partners was more aimed at the torment Rangers fans are experiencing from their club. If a woman treated me the way Rangers are treating their fans I would move on, I may never feel the same way about another woman but there's no way I am letting an influence beyond my control destroy my life. I either learn to adapt and enjoy what I have or move om and get my enjoyment from a more suitable source. I prefer to control my own destiny rather than have others map it out. Moving on is more logical to me than letting my emotions be controlled by others.

Rangers fans allowing spivs to take all and return nothing is illogical to me, telling the club to eff off and giving their emotions to another club is the logical step.

Edit, I was a Caley fan I am not a fan of ICT I am a supporter but not fanatical about them. I am also a supporter of Brora Rangers.

My kids are better ICT fans than I ever will be.

I've read this thread for ages but didn't post until today. I've never liked Rangers but I'm not going to come on a thread and pretty much anonymously goad folk about the demise of their team as I know it means a helluva lot to some folk and in many cases far too much.

Wee bit of banter when a result goes wrong is fine enough for me.

I am interested in how people could change teams and be just as much of a fan as they were previously.

Forever-blue's post I'd guess is how most folk would feel.

Understand where you are with the merger thing. The reason I guessed Jags was they were the more wronged party in the merger (takeover)

I think for a lot of older ICT fans who uses to follow other teams the real attachment isn't quite as strong.

With Rangers fans this is why they are so vociferous in claiming its the same club. I find it understandable that they know if it was widely accepted it was a new club then their hearts wouldn't be in it nearly as much.

It's allright for you teuchters, just get the old wellies on and grab another one from the flock....

I've read this thread for ages but didn't post until today. I've never liked Rangers but I'm not going to come on a thread and pretty much anonymously goad folk about the demise of their team as I know it means a helluva lot to some folk and in many cases far too much.

In fairness if you're not going to come on here and goad fans of The Rangers I don't see what you have to offer.

Way way back in this thread we discussed ICT and how they managed to shed a lot of the scummy type of support who decent human beings generally don't like degrading their stands during the merger.

Delighted for Rangers that it seems to be happening now, even if it's just the one. Liquidation of the old club and a new one taking it's place may well be the saving of them yet.

Hey man, I'd be interested to know how you came to the conclusion that I was ever a scummy type of supporter. I've always considered myself a decent person and supporter and whilst always up for banter, it was always good humoured, never, never scummy. In all my time supporting a football team, that's exactly what it was, supporting a football team, nothing more nothing less. There are scummy people among all supports, I've found that most of the real bitter types, don't actually go to games too.

Dasodaha, your club change is an odd one. I know a few guys who've changed clubs and I thought they were then not to be taken seriously in a football conversation ever again.

Slightly different here as your club died but not overly shocked Hearts was the choice. Can you expand on the reasons? Maybe you live in Gorgie? Family members are Jambo's?

And if Sevco suddenly got an unlikely cash injection and were challenging again would you be back at Ibrox?

Not having a dig but when my team win or loose it has an effect on my mood for the next good few days. Folk have a big emotional tie to their team. I'm not sure it could be the same for me if I supported some other side.

I'm not going into it again on here, as it just seems to bring out the worst in some of the more pathetic posters. Check my profile, it's pretty much all there. I won't change back no and as the club I now support have just been relegated and will be operating prudently, I didn't change for glory.

17000 is a worrying number for them. 17000 renewed, 10000 signed up to the union of fans that means 10000 have left for other reasons. Most likely the standard of football and the price they are asking for it. Even with pay at the gate they don't have enough to make it through the season.

Quite. McCoist is not helpful IMO.

Hey man, I'd be interested to know how you came to the conclusion that I was ever a scummy type of supporter. I've always considered myself a decent person and supporter and whilst always up for banter, it was always good humoured, never, never scummy. In all my time supporting a football team, that's exactly what it was, supporting a football team, nothing more nothing less. There are scummy people among all supports, I've found that most of the real bitter types, don't actually go to games too.

Was talking about No8s decision to walk away.

I'm not going into it again on here, as it just seems to bring out the worst in some of the more pathetic posters. Check my profile, it's pretty much all there. I won't change back no and as the club I now support have just been relegated and will be operating prudently, I didn't change for glory.

so whats to say that hearts new regime dosent learn from the old regime and 2 maybe 3 year down the line hearts are looking at financial uncertainties again whereas rangers have had a cash injection from somewhere and are looking stable and challenging. would you come limping back ? and i am not saying this will happen just a scenario i would like your opinion on.