Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

was this not to do with the dutch players playing for the club at the time, not that anyone in marketing wouldn't seize upon the opportunity.

so with this does this mean the use of the tricolour would represent the large irish contingent in the celtic playing squad.

of course with some other clubs in the top league having more irish players in their squads it a wonder those clubs don't take up an excellent marketing ploy.

ICT use Richie Foran's sexy Irish accent extremely well in Moray Firth Radio's adverts.

was this not to do with the dutch players playing for the club at the time, not that anyone in marketing wouldn't seize upon the opportunity.

Everyone and their dug knew exactly what Rangers were up to with that kit.

It is perhaps the best example going of Rangers profiting from bigotry.

I'm whoever creates the most fun for the host body, wherever I go. :)

The P&B RSC? I thought they followed a club where everyone was welcome? Or is that the other lot? :unsure:

Not everyone...

Rangers - Ibrox used to host the annual Orange Order church parade.

You forgot the Boys Brigade as well.

Actually that is a great point and shows how far we have come. Rangers refused the lodge entry to the stadium. The following year they refused them even the use of the car park. That same car park was recently used to park buses for the recent papal visit.

Rangers have banned almost 1,000 supporters for sectarian behaviour. I suppose that can be seen both ways...There was a problem BUT they are at least taking positive action to counter it.

Nobody is claiming the problem has been totally eradicated but i think credit where credits due..Rangers at least have acted and hopefully will continue to act against those that refuse to move into the 21st century.

You forgot the Boys Brigade as well.

Actually that is a great point and shows how far we have come. Rangers refused the lodge entry to the stadium. The following year they refused them even the use of the car park. That same car park was recently used to park buses for the recent papal visit.

Rangers have banned almost 1,000 supporters for sectarian behaviour. I suppose that can be seen both ways...There was a problem BUT they are at least taking positive action to counter it.

Nobody is claiming the problem has been totally eradicated but i think credit where credits due..Rangers at least have acted and hopefully will continue to act against those that refuse to move into the 21st century.

Of course and I'm not trying to decry both clubs for what they do nowadays.

My point was that both clubs been guilty of appeasing the bigots and profiting from the division in the past.

In my opinion this has led to sectarianism being much more commonplace but others will always disagree.

My point was that both clubs been guilty of appeasing the bigots and profiting from the division in the past.

In my opinion this has led to sectarianism being much more commonplace but others will always disagree.

i agree that both clubs became engulfed in the situation and to a dgree embraced it , however I think secterianism would have still been commonplace in Glasgow regardless of rangers and celtics existence

You mean the Irish flag .. the flag that ... " as a whole, is intended to symbolise the inclusion and hoped-for union of the people of different traditions on the island of Ireland, which is expressed in the Constitution as the entitlement of every person born in Ireland to be part of the independent Irish nation, regardless of ethnic origin, religion or political conviction"

Very good ...

Yes, that one.

The one that was used in this context simply to strike a Republican chord.

Celtic - Allowed a Wolfe Tone's music video to be shot at Celtic Park.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm right in saying the crime wasn't just in permitting that band to film there, but it was also in the nature of what was shot there too.

Did it not feature the band members and others jumping around the stands in Celtic gear singing 'Up the Ra' and the like?

That's simply your opinion. Which part of "regardless of ethnic origin, religion or political conviction" do have difficulty understanding?

I understand all of it thanks.

I also understand entirely which constituencies the use here of such imagery is designed to appeal to, as well as why it does.

This is just like arguing with British Patriot.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm right in saying the crime wasn't just in permitting that band to film there, but it was also in the nature of what was shot there too.

Did it not feature the band members and others jumping around the stands in Celtic gear singing 'Up the Ra' and the like?

Yep.

I am.

Witness some of Dr Jon Reid's comments and the pussyfooting round the Green Brigade, as well as Charles Green's antics.

I am not comending them either to be honest.

Nobody should be congratulated for living in the 21st centruy, it should be what is considered normal.

Edited by MikeyWellFan

The point i was trying to make yesterday is the problem is mostly with Glasgow / lanarkshire area supporters of Rangers. It is a west / central Scotland problem. If Rangers were so influential in shaping peoples opinions then surely our highland..east coast and borders based supporters would also be affected

The point i was trying to make yesterday is the problem is mostly with Glasgow / lanarkshire area supporters of Rangers. It is a west / central Scotland problem. If Rangers were so influential in shaping peoples opinions then surely our highland..east coast and borders based supporters would also be affected

But if these communites didn't have such obvious beacons as a means to express themselves then attitudes to one another would have mostly died out bar a small minority (there will always be bigots). If there were two teams in Glasgow that we're purely about sport, you would have completely mixed supports or even regional supports instead of being divided by religion and culture.

The Old Firm and Glasgow's religious divide go hand in hand and without such an obvious boundary between the two sides sectarianism would diminish. They have both made it so easy to show who you are and who you hate. If the two teams didn't have the baggage that came with them nobody would know what side you were on and nobody would care.

This is just my opinion though and I'm not going to try force it anymore.

Edited by MikeyWellFan