Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No one posted about hMRC wasting their time and public money again?

Wow....

What have they done now? I hope they get that toffy nosed p***k Jimmy Carr, or was it his brother Alan?

No one posted about hMRC wasting their time and public money again?

Wow....

If they win and end up getting a precedent that gets them a metric f**k ton of money it won't be a waste. Here's a wee link for you since you are so upset by it's absence.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/285509-hmrc-confirms-it-will-appeal-oldco-rangers-big-tax-case-ruling/

If they win and end up getting a precedent that gets them a metric f**k ton of money it won't be a waste. Here's a wee link for you since you are so upset by it's absence.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/285509-hmrc-confirms-it-will-appeal-oldco-rangers-big-tax-case-ruling/

Excellent, if the ebt scam was legal there is a fucking big loophole needing closed. Since Rangers are dead anyway there is no harm in pursuing this all the way. As said we are talking shitloads of back tax for the use of the country, if it fails then the exercise will pinpoint the areas needing addressed in closing said loopholes. Probably cheaper to test in court rather than have more mistakes made examining the legislation.

A good use of HMRC resources in my opinion.

I'm not fussed by it, if HMRC wish to waste more resources then fair enough.

apart from point scoring purposes it doesn't affect Rangers.

If they win and end up getting a precedent that gets them a metric f**k ton of money it won't be a waste.

Are precedents under Scots law binding in England? I have no idea but the only way this would be useful is if it's true.

we need a QC to enlighten us.

Are precedents under Scots law binding in England? I have no idea but the only way this would be useful is if it's true.

Is tax law not UK wide?

The Tax and Chancery Chamber has UK wide jurisdiction in tax cases but I'm not sure how that would relate to having their decision overturned by a Scottish Court. Interesting point.

And if the law changes under independence or new devo laws?

As Kincardine said, wheres that QC when you need him!

IF is the biggest 2 letter word in the English language.

Today really is a learning day, cheers.

What I am saying is why speculate on something which is a, unlikely and b, a process which will in all probability take longer than the taxman's appeal.

Is tax law not UK wide?

Aye probably but this isn't about law it's about interpretation and about how a Scottish court's interpretation may be received in an English court.

Clearly I haven't a scooby but would like to be enlightened. Simple summary:

If a judgement against Oldco could lead to a UK-wide precedent then well-in HMRC

If a judgement against Oldco doesn't lead to a UK-wide precedent then HMRC are mendacious fuckwits.

We need to be better informed.

What I am saying is why speculate on something which is a, unlikely and b, a process which will in all probability take longer than the taxman's appeal.

You think that independence is unlikely? (if i've picked you up right) Awa and .....

Tbh i can see HMRC appealing for years and still getting nowhere.

Aye probably but this isn't about law it's about interpretation and about how a Scottish court's interpretation may be received in an English court.

Clearly I haven't a scooby but would like to be enlightened. Simple summary:

If a judgement against Oldco could lead to a UK-wide precedent then well-in HMRC

If a judgement against Oldco doesn't lead to a UK-wide precedent then HMRC are mendacious fuckwits.

We need to be better informed.

As I posted earlier all of this EBT stuff needs sorted, all parties are on new ground which needs tested.

The fact that it is Rangers is neither here nor there and we would probably not care otherwise.

If it was your money being fought over you'd fight all the way no doubt. You were shouting loud enough for Rangers to drag the SFA through every court possible over the transfer embargo.