Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They were bleating about a new employee at Rangers writing articles for the site; according to her twitter feed she is an avid Hoops fan.

'Pyur beelin' is an understatement.

I saw it yesterday. They must have thought it could come under religious discrimination/abuse or some such thing and pulled it.

MT said "These people are adults". Well we don't know that for a fact but it's the impression that I get. They really are horrible.

The Mike Ashley connection worries me a bit.

Obviously, he's in it at all, simply in order to secure lucrative contracts for him and his company.

It does mean however, that someone with genuine financial muscle has an interest in Rangers surviving and enjoying some success.

This clearly isn't because he cares about the club (in the way, say King pretends to). It's because that way, he can sell lots of merchandise.

There are obvious parallels with what he's done at Newcastle, but the differences in circumstances are also significant.

Newcastle remain a very big club attracting huge crowds and shifting vast numbers of cheaply produced, expensive shirts, despite not having won a trophy in 45 years.

If Rangers go a fraction of that long, we know that they'll rapidly wither in stature.

We also know however, that taking Rangers to the top flight, to trophies, to Europe, even the CL would cost Ashley relative peanuts. I worry that he might see it as worthwhile, if his company stands to benefit from the associated income and exposure.

I'm sure that there's no way that Ashley would embark on senseless - apparently bottomless - spending in the way that Murray did. It concerns me however, that he might wish to inject significant funding that would buy some success, even if he's doing so on the understanding that he's getting it all back with interest.

Anycunt remember who gets the dosh from rangerstv? Rangers media Ltd was it? Or does that fall under 'retail'?

As a loyal bear I follow follow the 'not a penny more' principle, ie dodgy streams, but I wonder where that money goes.

In situations like this there is only answer, get on twitter

...and ask

TWITTER_PROFILE_PIC.JPG

Re my own q as to who owns what....

From the boys take on the accounts from the rangers standard. That's right. The accounts. So this is MORE than a year old :)

What business(es) are included in the accounts?

The accounts show information for the holding company (Rangers International Football Club Plc) and for the group. As such, it includes the financial information for Rangers Football Club Ltd (which operates the club) and Garrion Security Services Ltd (formerly Rangers Security Services Ltd) which are both fully owned, and Rangers Retail Ltd (51% owned). Rangers also own 100% of Rangers Media Ltd but that company has not started to trade. I think it is safe to say that the security services side will be fairly minor and wont impact much on the group accounts.