Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

;) Nice reply ... confirms what I thought. Entirely subjective and nae concrete proof. I'll accept this as an admission that the bolded statement, I highlighted, is wrong. :P

Ok, I'd describe the OF as a body, as dormant rather than dead.

As a handy label however, it's very much alive and well for me.

i think most of us can acknowledge that a policy doesn't need to be written to be applied.

what is disgusting is not just the club that followed that policy, but the sfa did nothing.

there is not a lot they could have done without proper documentation stating this policy, if they had to tried to do anything and rangers chose to take it to a court for example , any lawyer would have a field day with the sfa's stance . to put it simply, all the sfa could have done at most was forced/pushed rangers towards signing a catholic to be fair.

From founding until Mo Jo signed according to rangers staff. Yes there were 14 others before him but I think you know fine well the policy existed. Don't believe me? Lets ask Matt Taylor:

[the policy was] "part of our tradition….we were formed in 1873 as a Protestant boys club. To change now would lose us considerable support".

Rangers were formed as a football club by those with a love of the game and sport in general, that is all.

there is not a lot they could have done without proper documentation stating this policy, if they had to tried to do anything and rangers chose to take it to a court for example , any lawyer would have a field day with the sfa's stance . to put it simply, all the sfa could have done at most was forced/pushed rangers towards signing a catholic to be fair.

Is it not the case that one of the things that led Murray and Souness to depart from policy, was that UEFA were quietly expressing unease?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, from around the time.

Is it not the case that one of the things that led Murray and Souness to depart from policy, was that UEFA were quietly expressing unease? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, from around the time.

I am not sure to be honest , could be true but again the only thing uefa could have done was breathed heavily down rangers neck and make them sign a catholic, without the legal documentation of this being an official policy they could not do much else if you get what I mean.

you only have to visit the vanguard bears website to see that that certain supporters have no interest in moving into the 21st century.

its those examples that hold the club back and continue to associate the club with a past that any reasonable football or for that matter anyone at all should find an abhorrent stain on scottish sporting history and more generally scotland as a nation itself.

and its not just rangers these people hold back but scottish football especially when fuckwits take their prejudices abroad to show the world what scottish football fans are like.

It never ceases to amuse me how bad the you make your fellow fans look - writes with crayons - still the most mature bear on here (aside from youngsy).

What an utterly strange question

And yours was an utterly strange statement. Why would I give a toss if you liked Mo Jo or not. I was talking about the club itself. Looked like you were fishing for compliments for you broad-mindedness.

Edited by aofjays

it wasn't a coincidence rangers never employed catholics from ww1 up until david murray's tenure and were allowed to continue with this for so long unchecked. look and see how many rangers men who were at the club during the years of the policy held powerful positions within the sfa.

sometimes i can see where celtic and their supporters get their paranoia or mind set from because it was probably likely back then they were really out to get them.

Aye they were so smart they let Celtic win nine titles in-a-row at one stage to avert suspicion.

Yeah, I found that weird as well. You think Matt Taylor was grasping for an excuse?

No idea but it's at odds with what i believe to be true about the founding of the club. A lot of people could learn a lot from doing one of the founders trail trips, a good insight into the founding and early days of Rangers.

No idea but it's at odds with what i believe to be true about the founding of the club. A lot of people could learn a lot from doing one of the founders trail trips, a good insight into the founding and early days of Rangers.

there should be a founders trail for the early days of the current 'club'.... probably end up in Monaco

Did the whole Proestant identity not emerge until later, when Celtic came along, with their very clear identity in place from the outset?