Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

dave king has the backing of charlie nicholas - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/523647/Dave-King-Rangers-Ibrox-Premiership?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

ally not sitting on the fence here - http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/296084-ally-mccoist-gives-full-backing-to-dave-king-investment-in-rangers/

now are those two unaware of dave king's past?

it seems there are those within the game and media that support and trust king that he will move the club forward, now are they not better qualified to judge dave king?

Ally backed Murray

Ally backed Whyte

Ally backed Green

Ally Backs King

The first three rogered Rangers up the hoop while filling Ally's bank account. How's his judgement?

The truth is that a 'fit and proper' test should have meaning and teeth. That it doesn't is one of many failings on the part of the SFA. Did such a rigorous test exist, Whyte would have been blocked and King would have his taxi turned back 'midst raucous laughter before he'd had a chance to vacate it.

The difficulty both sides have is in accepting both parts. Had Whyte been blocked, well we'd have been denied quite such fun. Given that he was allowed, I suppose we better accept that King, laughably given what's publicly known, must be too.

Individual Rangers fans can say what they like I suppose, but collectively they're on shaky ground attacking the SFA on this. As has been highlighted, the only really visible fan response to the Whyte revelations was the BBC picketing.

It is true that a shitstorm would have been released had 'Wealth off the Radar' been blocked. Similarly, the response if King were thwarted would not be pretty.

This doesn't mean that no such meaningful test should exist of course. But it does dent the right of Rangers fans to criticise its absence.

Bang on. Great post as usual.

is your cat a director at rangers?

No, but neither has she any track record of endorsing a succession of absolute chancers, simply on the basis that they already had, or looked poised to grab, the wheel.

This means that any views she has on Rangers ownership, are immediately less discredited than McCoist's.

Ally backed Murray

Ally backed Whyte

Ally backed Green

Ally Backs King

The first three rogered Rangers up the hoop while filling Ally's bank account. How's his judgement?

Charles Green is a fucking legend. Hope he makes a few more mill out of the Sevco carcass.

Sir Charles of Normandy. Whit a guy.

It is true that a shitstorm would have been released had 'Wealth off the Radar' been blocked. Similarly, the response if King were thwarted would not be pretty.

Just as happened with the bank bailouts it's clear that calm and orderly regulation gets faster and looser in the face of a crisis.

For a normal takeover of a club that isn't in a critical condition

It's going to be a lot easier to put thing on pause for a moment and check whether the proposed takeover of Queens by monkeytennis investments (Cayman islands) is legit than standing in the way of a "Rescue attempt" asking for boxes to be ticked.

In a way that's no bad thing.

sound, ....he still has a very well paid job with the football club he supports and played for and probably getting a lot of job satisfaction as well.

i would say he's is in his dream job

how many of us can claim that?

I think the question related to his judgement of what's best for Rangers, rather than for McCoist himself.

Just as happened with the bank bailouts it's clear that calm and orderly regulation gets faster and looser in the face of a crisis.

For a normal takeover of a club that isn't in a critical condition

It's going to be a lot easier to put thing on pause for a moment and check whether the proposed takeover of Queens by monkeytennis investments (Cayman islands) is legit than standing in the way of a "Rescue attempt" asking for boxes to be ticked.

In a way that's no bad thing.

Don't you worry.

I'm patiently biding my time, until we become engulfed in crisis following pledges to match every 10p Stranraer spend with 20p of our own.

Then I'll make my move.

if ally thought he was detrimental to the progress of the club im sure he would stand down

Another joke post, right?

How can you possibly justify saying such a thing?

I don't think there's another Rangers fan on here would make such a claim any more.

Your get-out is "if Ally thought he was detrimental..." I suppose.

However, not many of us see him as stupid. It follows therefore that if he no longer thinks he's detrimental, then he's hopelessly deluded.

You'll find it's a view that many on RM hold when defending the leg end against "ally haters" who want him out and call him names ..

As Tom Jones would say ..It's not unusual ..

You should lighten up .. this is why you are black balled from the teuchter pub club.

I thought the RM tide had pretty much now turned decidedly against McCoist?

I've given up on joining the teuchter pub club now.

Perhaps if you guys had given me a matey nickname it'd be different.

But you didn't... You didn't.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Another joke post, right?How can you possibly justify saying such a thing?I don't think there's another Rangers fan on here would make such a claim any more.Your get-out is "if Ally thought he was detrimental..." I suppose. However, not many of us see him as stupid. It follows therefore that if he no longer thinks he's detrimental, then he's hopelessly deluded.

Imo McCoist knows he will never get another job in football management and i am not sure he would want any other job...that he could reasonably expect to be offered.

McCoist is barely hanging on to his job as it is but i believe he is waiting and hoping that under new ownership...whether that is King or Ashley he will be given money to spend and be able to challenge a celtic team on the way down.

Personally i would hope that the new owners would make a new management team priority No.1. Rangers coaching and scouting staff need to be cleared out and we need to start again and get it right.

Ranngers or any football ckub for that matter should never be in a position where they simply cannot afford to sack a manager! McCoist was one of my footballing heroes but he is fast beginning to look like any other of the parasites that have bled the club dry over the last few years.

That would depend on the agreement/contract struck at the time he signed including those made verbally .. he is honouring that no doubt.

Nah, he tuped over his contract from when he worked for Rangers.

The second contract is, coff, different thing to his managerial one.....

"As investments are sold, they are transferred back up to the Glencoe Trust and transferred back down to a subsidiary company Metiika, this making a clean break in Ben Nevis. The other assets namely a property and shares Murray Sport are being re-registered in the name of Metiika. Once the process is complete, Ben Nevis will be allowed lapse."

A bit of background to what the sevs are dealing with. If they can be bothered reading it. Gets interesting about 2/3 of the way down. Fit and proper you say?http://www.saflii.org/za/cases/ZAGPPHC/2010/170.html

For the avoidance of doubt, Ben Nevis last won a biggie in 1980, and was rode silly by a yank.

Miller said no this time around ;)

"As investments are sold, they are transferred back up to the Glencoe Trust and transferred back down to a subsidiary company Metiika, this making a clean break in Ben Nevis. The other assets namely a property and shares Murray Sport are being re-registered in the name of Metiika. Once the process is complete, Ben Nevis will be allowed lapse."

And it was Ben Nevis that invested in the buns, NOT King.

Even they said he was associated with them.

Spin spin spin...

http://www.murray-international.co.uk/news_archive/rangers_football_club/news02.htm