Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Don't really see why Lawell's comments would be controversial, TBH.

It's a question of - would you rather that everybody in the league plays by the same rules, or would you rather ignore the rules in exchange for a series of large cash payments?

The first option there is called "professional sport". The second option is called "corruption".

There's really no getting away from this: deliberately ignoring the rules - or turning a blind eye to other people doing so - out of self-interest is corrupt. It's the heart and soul of corruption.

The question we all faced when Rangers died was, would we rather have a corrupt game and more money, or a fair one with potentially less?*

I think we made the right decision, and it looks like everyone else except Rangers fans agrees. I wonder why that is?

*As is routinely observed here, Celtic stood to lose a lot more than the rest of the top tier clubs... And they still made the right choice IMO.

Back on topic. Well it's been an interesting week for the Rangers. Still no accounts signed off. The need for £12 million to survive the season . Plus the redundancies and court appearances by the sevco 4. Oh and sir Craig whyte being issued with an arrest warrant. Oh and a game against hearts to look forward too. Still 1 constant in all this is the usual muppets ability to deflect from any questions aimed at them.

Oh good. Changed its name to the Scottish Premiership. I suppose that means they aren't b*st*rds any more. Would that mean you would love us all if we called you ars*hol*s instead of c*n*s?

What do you mean by "us", Dunfermline aren't in that league ;)

Big congratulations to Wee Hector Par on his heads gone award, richly deserved.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/217396-heads-gone-of-the-week/?p=8967725

Thank you Tedi for letting me know that thread existed. Just posted my acceptance speech. Thank you to all the voters. :lol::thumsup2

Edited by WeeHectorPar

What do you mean by "us", Dunfermline aren't in that league ;)

I'm talking about the Ps and Ds. You really are looking for miniscule details to keep you happy at the moment, aren't you? Mind you, when your multi-million pound club with all its trophies gets sold for a quid, it does tend to bring things into perspective.

I'm talking about the Ps and Ds. You really are looking for miniscule details to keep you happy at the moment, aren't you? Mind you, when your multi-million pound club with all its trophies gets sold for a quid, it does tend to bring things into perspective.

I'd say the joy displayed here just at hearing Peter Lawell say that Rangers are "back" would support this theory.

Congrats on the award Hector.

Congratulations to Tedi and the Orcs, it's been a hard fought couple of weeks, trying to get someone from here or any Celtic fan nominated. No one can claim they take P&B too seriously. No one.

No laughing at the back!

Congratulations to Tedi and the Orcs, it's been a hard fought couple of weeks, trying to get someone from here or any Celtic fan nominated. No one can claim they take P&B too seriously. No one.

No laughing at the back!

I like to see the BRALT represented at the weekly awards ceremony.

No8's already made an impact and he's now being tipped for great things in the aftermath of the vital Hearts game this weekend. And only a fool would write off The Pundit, whose form has not gone unnoticed.

Hector came from nowhere to blast the opposition from the water. I think we're all proud of him.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I like to see the BRALT represented at the weekly awards ceremony.

No8's already made an impact and he's now being tipped for great things in the aftermath of the vital Hearts game this weekend. And only a fool would write off The Pundit, whose form has not gone unnoticed.

Hector came from nowhere to blast the opposition from the water. I think we're all proud of him.

Aye, but he'll be like the rest of us diddies - a one season wonder.

Whereas No8 et al will rack up title after title.