Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I reckon Mike Ashley has a better idea of what circumstances sportswear will sell under than you or I

I was discussing Rangers merch not sports direct tat (walking boots which leak if you cut across the grass). Seriously the mood of the fans appears to be one of he can go and f**k himself.

Richard Wilson apparently saying that Ashley will negotiate to leave but will want to keep his retail deal. some amount of influence from the 10%er....

He must know that no bears/hardly any will buy his merch if the current deal remains in place.

It's not so straightforward. The revenue streams which Ashley diverted are actually hived off into a company called Rangers Retail,

which is nominally under the control of the club:

TRFC has stock majority in Rangers Retail, with 51 per cent of the shares against Sports Direct's 49 per cent.

Control of that company rests in the hands of its own board of directors (two representatives from Sports Direct, two from the club.)

Appointing Leach as a director of Rangers would allow him to count as one of Ranger's representatives on the board of Rangers Retail,

giving Ashley absolute control, and presumably the ability to alter the deals as he sees fit.

Nevertheless, you can be sure the company holds exclusive rights, so if you boycott them you won't have a strip at all!

Is the contract not set up so that the club has to purchase a minimum number of shirts to be sold via his outlets .... If you don't buy them the club ends up picking up the tab for unsold merchandise .. ? I'm sure that rumour did the rounds ages ago ....

I don't think he gives a flying f**k about the boycott to be honest?

i have read that efore too, wouldn't surprise me

Probably right but he's still not getting a penny from me.

What are your inside people telling you Dave?

Keep up for fck sake, they left a couple of months ago. Issues regarding a lack of pay going in the bank. But hey just another member of the rangers family fucked over by the powers that be.

The latter, it ran its course for me a while ago. Had plenty of laughs along the 'journey' and I have no ill feelings towards anyone who insulted me, I knew that just came with the territory apart from AWRA who's a cnut and I'm still waiting on him to pan my windaes in after Tannadice in 2012. ;)

Some good people on here even the Rangers fans. Some people on here a little unbalanced with too much bias in the brain from both sides especially Norman, but who wants everyone to be the same it would be boring? :cheers

I ran a parallel joke between Rangers and Inverness CT using the blue and red in my text that represent both clubs, then there was the sig which was ''nearly winning trophies 'against all odds'. Which ICT did last season in both cups and the 'against all odds' referred to Charles Bannerman's book about the beginnings of the merged club and the years after. This could easily be mistaken on this thread to refer to Rangers. Then there's my avatar which surprisingly no one picked up on, that deformed skull wasn't random weirdness it was a light hearted dig at Rangers fans with the skull belonging to a certain ancient tribal person of eastern European origin who were well known to the Romans and Germans.

Been a Caley Jaggy for about 20 years and Caley fan pre merger born and brought up in Inverness and I'm an occasional poster on CTO.

I'll miss the coloured text, the mispelling, the broken caps lock and supporting 'the world most successful club', but all good things come to an end. :P

Weirdo.

Think this is heading towards admin and a CVA. The season ticket boycott was clearly aimed at creating a second meltdown to force a cut-price sale that doesn't appear to be in any way palatable to the board that is in place. The American guy will soon realise that he is dealing with deranged obsessives rather than easy-going minivan driving NBA fans and will exit stage right like the other American the last time around. After that fizzles it will be admin time.

because it's virtually impossible to get a financial return from a scottish football club.

And yet 'Rangers' were in a prime position to do exactly that - they could have strolled the leagues for an absolute fraction of what they spent getting here ... in fact they would probably have been in a better position had they built a squad properly.

From £1.8m for WIFI to £0.5 to avoid a WUO in 18 months :1eye

Could a new company buy the "club" from sevco, but not the players, are the players registered to the club or the company?

If you buy the "club" do you get the image rights to use the badge, or does someone wlse own them?

FFS Dave, have you no been paying attention ? - if you buy a Club it comes with all the bits that you want and none of the stuff that you don't !!!

... or is that the Company :unsure2:

Maybe I am wrong here, but was Derek Llambias not an independent who was appointed by the board from a recommendation,yes we know who recommended him, but the board appointed him. While Barry Leach has actually been brought in by Ashley himself. If right this then means Ashley still has another board member slot to be appointed.

Also thinking out the box here in is it possible that Easdale didn't loan the club the money today from his own cash,but Ashley gave him the money to do so.

I was discussing Rangers merch not sports direct tat (walking boots which leak if you cut across the grass). Seriously the mood of the fans appears to be one of he can go and f**k himself.

He launches an orange away top with purple V neck and your fans will be falling over themselves to kit the whole family out in them

Right there shows the SFA that Ashley has influence in the running of the club right out in the open. This right in front of the SFA even with a hearing on the 27th January. Now all this is under appeal, so what is Ashley's game plan, is there an end game?.

What can the SFA do to stop him over the next 22 days?

And all the time the club is ailing and struggling to pay maintenance costs.

Could Ashley be on the verge of holding the club to ransom looking for as Tedi said a way out, but in a way that he gains big time. He is owed 2m by the club and anyone that wants to take control of the club will have to pay him back, then there's the other assets held by Ashley which I'm sure he will not part with for the usual £1.

Seems to me that the minute he signed that deal which gave him two directors on the board, he was already on plan 'b'.

Llambias doesn't count as one of those - he was appointed freely by the board. Somers knew he was toast without Ashley, so he's Ashley's creature too.

He's got one more to go, and then the board is pretty much his.

Supposing he is working with the American - with the intent of buying the Easdale's stake and their proxies? That would give him effective control, without breaching the one concrete stipulation of the SFA's conditions.

The other clause "not to exercise undue influence on the boardroom." seems vaguely defined.

Do we know any more about the SFA's restrictions?

Think this is heading towards admin and a CVA. The season ticket boycott was clearly aimed at creating a second meltdown to force a cut-price sale that doesn't appear to be in any way palatable to the board that is in place. The American guy will soon realise that he is dealing with deranged obsessives rather than easy-going minivan driving NBA fans and will exit stage right like the other American the last time around. After that fizzles it will be admin time.

That is what i'm thinking

Also

yanks_no_thanks.jpg

Indeed I remember the outrage from certain factions within the Rangers support about having an 'outsider' or 'not a Rangers man' running the club and FFS a Yank, can't have that they are only interested in money. Wasn't Craig Whyte a Rangers supporter therefore he was 'one off us' right up until it was too late. The Rangers relationship with the media has never been the same since.

Right now beggars can't be choosers, but as always when it comes to Rangers who gives a feck what the fans think?. Bill Miller did.

That is why they are desperate for King to get contact,

Despite his previously involvement with the old club under Murray,

Despite his conviction for tax fraud in South Africa

He's a "Rangers man" Who they're hoping will take over and basically do what Murray done to begin with, bankroll the club

Paul been busy writing emails.

B6nbI4_CcAArAsa.jpg

Telt!

I wonder why he didn't mention Middlesbrough, Clydebank, Airdrie or Gretna.

Point still stands, if the company is struggling badly financially, why doesn't someone buy the club on its own without having to take on any of the debt

Point still stands, if the company is struggling badly financially, why doesn't someone buy the club on its own without having to take on any of the debt

Spot on! Probably get it for a pound?

Fancy going halfers?