Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From what I remember, Gretna, Livy and Dundee all did it.

I didnt think Dundee did do it. My memory is rubbish though so could be wrong. I vaguely recall season ticket holders voluntarily paying at the gate, even though they didnt need to.

Edited by Dariusz

I don't think there are any SPL rules on third-party ownership? The FA clamped down on it post-Tevez, but I don't think there is anything against it in UEFA legislation as it happens quite a lot on the continent as far as im aware?

I don't think there are any SPL rules on third-party ownership? The FA clamped down on it post-Tevez, but I don't think there is anything against it in UEFA legislation as it happens quite a lot on the continent as far as im aware?

They've never been given any coverage, anyway, if there are.

Further, clearly Whittaker etc. were registered by SPL + SFA, and that requires submission of contracts.

So if their contracts are with another entity, and that's banned... how were they registered?

It's conceivable but appears somewhat unlikely.

Further, clearly Whittaker etc. were registered by SPL + SFA, and that requires submission of contracts.

So if their contracts are with another entity, and that's banned... how were they registered?

Are contracts registered? Is a players registration not something seperate from their contract, especially if its just an extension.

I see the media are now wetting themselves over the police "expressing concern" about the chances of an Old Firm derby title decider, although their actual statements are barely worth talking about... and regardless, the chances of it happening are fairly slim, relying as it does upon Celtic winning all their games/Rangers winning all but 1 and drawing 1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17100404

Strathclyde Police plan to hold talks with the SPL over a potential Old Firm title decider at Ibrox.

Sunday's win at Easter Road stretched the gap between Celtic and second-place Rangers to 17 points.

Should Celtic remain unbeaten and their Old Firm rivals drop two points, then Neil Lennon's side could win the title on 25 March.

A police spokesman told BBC Scotland a fixture change would be difficult as the game falls before the split.

With home games to follow, against Dunfermline on Wednesday and Motherwell three days later, Celtic have the opportunity to make that difference 23 points before Rangers visit Inverness CT on Sunday.

Lennon's side then take on Aberdeen before the next Old Firm encounter.

Following the trip to Inverness, Rangers have a home game with Hearts and an away clash with Dundee United.

Police say they would rather the scenario was avoided but admit pre-sales of tickets and hospitality packages would make a switch difficult.

But they also say they have experience in policing events and will treat this one in the same way.

Rangers clinched the title in 1999 after an ill-tempered 3-0 Old Firm derby win at Celtic Park.

That derby led to a call from the Scottish Police Federation for the fixture to be banned completely following violence after the game.

The SPL say the scenario is completely hypothetical but plan to hold talks with police and the clubs before the game, as is the case before all Old Firm fixtures.

I see the media are now wetting themselves over the police "expressing concern" about the chances of an Old Firm derby title decider, although their actual statements are barely worth talking about... and regardless, the chances of it happening are fairly slim, relying as it does upon Celtic winning all their games/Rangers winning all but 1 and drawing 1.

I keep forgetting that it's actually Strathclyde's finest that call the shots in Scottish Fitba.

Fcuk me sideways, the BBC 'One Show' are currently showing a 'tugging on the heartstrings', 'the poor families' feature on Rangers, with fcuking Jim succulent lamb Traynor chipping in with his two-faced tuppenceworth.... Oh, it's sad, it's so sad.... I thought those Govan debt-dodging basturts were blanking the BBC. Why are they wasting licence payers' money on a feature about that noxious club at all?

Aaarrgghhh!

Edited by pozbaird

Aye but we've had this discussion before HJ, almost every other country in the footballing world wants a head-to-head title decider except this backwater thanks to these two dinosaurs; an Edinburgh derby would be fine, a Dundee derby would go off without a hitch and last season we saw a Fife derby that virtually decided the title without Plod having to issue any misgivings.

The fact that our football authorities pull out all the stops to avoid a Glasgow title decider is a horrible indictment on 21st century Scotland...or at least bits of Scotland

Rumour kicking about today.

I think even that would be too good to be true :lol:

Are contracts registered? Is a players registration not something seperate from their contract, especially if its just an extension.

Someone just brought it up on Clyde 1 Hugh Keevans (i know) says all contracts have to be registered with the SPL

Double :lol:

I need more popcorn, this could be a good week's entertainment on the Whyte front...

According to the Beeb's article, one of the companies has already gone tits up due to irregularities - wonder how healthy the other two are? OOOPS, nearly forgot, three if you include the unsinkable Govan giants. :D

KTID

1329770232[/url]' post='5988633']

Of course he does, stealing between 9-24 million pounds isnt something you can do part time!laugh.gif

Workmate passed his place in Grantown last night and said "he must be there as it was lit up like a Christmas tree."

Me...... "na. Its cause he can afford the electricity bill now."

Fuckin shyster.