Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Good point but the fact is that the change to home teams keeping all the gate money was seen as a good idea at the time and not just by the OF.

Prior to that the home team was massively disadvantaged by having to pay out all of their expenses off half the gate money.

So an away match was much more lucrative.

It's not the gate money that disadvantaged the smaller clubs it was the unfair share of prize money once sponsorship and TV money came in.

In the SPL it was loaded so that the top two got the majority of the cash.

The added honey pot of the Champions League cash exacerbated the financial difference between the OF and the rest.

Unfortunately with all the cash coming into the game in Scotland going one way the game as a contest deteriorated and the OF deteriorated with it.

With little or no competition they were poorly prepared when they came to competitive matches in Europe.

They trot out the same excuse everytime about there being no competition at home, then when they get some they go and buy up their best players. I am not denying them the right to buy good players but please dont then moan about a lack of competition when you actively weaken your opponents.

From having two clubs qualifying straight through our Champions now have to negotiate three qualifying rounds.

Gone are the days of two clubs in the CL group stages and it is extremely doubtful if we will ever see them back.

In my opinion the blame for that can be laid fairly and squarely on the inequality and lack of competitiveness at the top of Scottish Football.

Please dont suggest sharing the gates as a way to remedy this as it plainly isn't.

When, at any point, did I suggest that gate sharing would remedy the various other ills that you're quite right to identify?

Seriously, when?

I think you'll find that I neither said or implied any such thing at all.

Saying that something isn't right, is a long, long way from suggesting that it's a magic bullet solution to other problems.

Anyway, I welcome the fact that it's now harder for our clubs to access CL income.

I don't wish to be reliant on the OF at all.

You're proposal involves taking money from the big teams and sharing it more equally with the wee teams.

The big teams are Celtic and Rangers, so that circle doesn't quite square.

Only an idiot would argue that isn't the case.

I've just read the BBC report

It seems to be from the same school of thought that saw the "Record" describe the idea of Ashley's loan being secured against Ibrox as "legalised theft" and would mean that Bank Of Scotland have stolen my flat.

He doesn't own the badges and won't if Rangers honour their debts.

The new bit of this "news" is that Rangers are "Investigating" following "Social Media Reports"

Which either means that they take rumours in P&B more seriously than me or that the "good guys" in charge felt we needed another media report about the problems caused by the "bad guys"

Densboy will be along to tell you that the beeb have it wrong and only one lone crusader, who battles against injustice will provide the truth.

You're proposal involves taking money from the big teams and sharing it more equally with the wee teams.

The big teams are Celtic and Rangers, so that circle doesn't quite square.

Only an idiot would argue that isn't the case.

My argument involves taking no money from anyone at all. Try to understand this please, because it's pretty central.

Instead, it divides such money as is collected between the clubs that everyone turned up to watch in a sporting contest.

My view is actually the straightforward, obvious one.

That it plainly baffles you does not alter this.

My argument involves taking no money from anyone at all. Try to understand this please, because it's pretty central.Instead, it divides such money as is collected between the clubs that everyone turned up to watch in a sporting contest.My view is actually the straightforward, obvious one. That it plainly baffles you does not alter this.

It's hardly baffling, your proposal is exceedingly simple.

You want Rangers and Celtic to have less money so your team can have more money. You want to benefit from the financial rewards that sectarianism brings the big two.

I completely understand why you are not keen to accept this is central your whole proposal.

There is no central fund that can be divided up, so stop kidding yourself on.

Whatever my faults, my tales are true. I don't feel the need to create a female alias and pretend the only reason I'm living in a B&B is because I've moved there recently. Dearie me Vicky.

While it feels odd to rally to Bennet's side, it should be pointed out that Vicky the Viking is not a female alias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicky_the_Viking

Might have something to do with The Rangers crest being a football crest and not an adopted heraldic crest that has been amended for a football jersey. I think it is because the Airdrieonians have utilised the towns heraldic crest and put in "AFC".

I'm surprised Airdrieonians haven't decided to put their "AFC" under or above the crest to circumvent the laws on heraldic crests.

Certainly the Airdrie United one was a take on the town crest, with the moon and the two headed eagle, but the current Airdrie badge was the one they used in the club prior to 2002.

Certainly the Airdrie United one was a take on the town crest, with the moon and the two headed eagle, but the current Airdrie badge was the one they used in the club prior to 2002.

You forgot aboot the buckfast bottles.

Whatever my faults, my tales are true. I don't feel the need to create a female alias and pretend the only reason I'm living in a B&B is because I've moved there recently. Dearie me Vicky.

So what happened with the young fun loving partying highlanders and their dour colleagues?

Come on, its slow news days with HeeHaw happening, some updates would be appreciated. You just know that there's going to be a shitload of shenanigans.

It's not clever at all, your third paragraph in that post is senseless bilge.

The clever part was making yourself look thicker and stupider than the person you were accusing of being thick and stupid.

Well done you.

I know what incur means, I also know you used it incorrectly.

The_Kincardine is that you ?

Is this the level you have reduced yourself to ?, petty squabbling over the correct usage "in your opinion here" of words.

And actually !, how can I appear more thick & stupid than Bennett anyway ???, if you've been following the BRALT then you'd know how thick & stupid your statement was.

FFS give over.

Oh dear on a Reuters page as well, Green must being loving potential investors reading those comments. I think it is the duty of our undercover agents to link all financial pages in all forums such as FF, OrcMedia, VanguardPoofs c***s etc .. after posting a couple of derogatory comments on the article ..

or maybe just linking back to here ... cool.gif

Imagine if it was your poor dear old Mum that was duped ?

Edited due to Bennett's sensitivity about his sexual orientation .. sorry Benny .. I didn't know and it was crass .. am I forgiven petal ?

What's this? More lies from dhensbhigot?

Just another his tales that he started posting to prove that he wasn't homophobic after being caught using derogatory words to describe gays.

The_Kincardine is that you ?

Is this the level you have reduced yourself to ?, petty squabbling over the correct usage "in your opinion here" of words.

And actually !, how can I appear more thick & stupid than Bennett anyway ???, if you've been following the BRALT then you'd know how thick & stupid your statement was.

FFS give over.

Your issue is becoming an issue again, was it one of your siblings who was smarter than you and your parents always compared them to you?