Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes. I don't even think this is up for debate - ignorance of the law does not excuse criminal behaviour.

As I have stated previously, not all criminal behaviour is prosecuted. If there were to be any prosecutions, I would assume that it would be the Directors who were in place at the time of the EBTs. However I think that HMRC favour adding penalties and interest to the amount outstanding rather than go to the expense of a prosecuting. Probably even more so since they did away with their own dedictated convictions unit.

As opposed to the not too interested convictions unit?

"no way, that's unbelievable. I thought they were trying to clean the place up. If that gets out people will go crazy......he must have some kind of hold over them".

Andy here. I just phoned Smudger and told him some creep was stalking him and trying to make capital out of it on Pie and Bovril.

I thought his reply was a bit OTT but he is right - we have to deal with the anti-Rangers obsessives ;)

Ha ha.

I dont know what you mean by making capital off it (unless you are saying Div is handing out McCoist-esque bonuses that I don't know about) but I take your point.

I would stress that Smith chose to sit next to me when there were plenty of free seats available elsewhere so he is effectively stalking me.

Getting your defense ready so soon? Any Transport Polis around?

I hope not because Casper (or someone who is sitting in this row of seats) clearly has some top quality marijuana in their bag.

Not me though, definitely not me......

So there has been none then?

What about a statement of the use of EBT being criminal?

Or at least a 'guilty of tax evasion' statement?

Are we speaking specifically about Rangers here?

ETA: Link

The taxman mostly treats tax evasion as a civil offence, under which tax evaders have to pay the tax they owe, plus interest, plus a fine — which can be up to 200 per cent of the tax owed.

It says it takes the criminal route “where we have the strongest evidence of criminal intent, for serial tax evaders and for people who deliberately conceal information when we investigate them”.

Edited by strichener

I am feeling rather uncomfortable about transcribing someone else's conversation though so will delete my original post.

That's ok. It makes a change to have an eavesdropping, curtain-twitcher on The Big Thread. You've now put yourself in the same category as Jhonnybhoy, Strychnine and Norman. Tragic, really.

I'm on a train with Gordon Smith sitting across from me (an empty train and he chose to sit right there - so fucking annoying).

Anyway he has a bag with him, next time he goes to the toilet should I quickly look through it and see if he has the deeds in it?

Have a go at the b*****d for proposing too move the 2008 Scottish Cup Final to midweek to aid Rangers in Europe.

Do it Dindelux. Don't dare to let me down here by bottling it.