Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Beautiful stuff from Celtic here, just lobbing a wee hand grenade into the mix, Rangers fans absolutely foaming at the mouth with rage, how long before a counter statement from the convicted criminal and his racist ex director?

Meltdown on social media and forums from the Klan.

It was one of those jokes that I was telling you about Norm.

Sorry n all that.

Maybe if you could post one or two that was, eh, relevant, or even possibly funny - it might make it easier for us.

(I'll be printing out that apology and framing the fucker - rocking horse sht and all that)

I don't think there is any question that the whole EBT thing was put in place to gain an advantage on the pitch. That was fundamentally the reason for the scheme - we can get better players for the same cost if we pay them through EBTs. It's difficult to see how the SPFL (or whoever the appropriate body is) can avoid now coming to that conclusion.

I'm not sure what that means, or should mean, for titles/trophies won.

I suspect it means little.

Other clubs have fielded better players than they otherwise could have, by failing to meet other financial obligations.

What interests me is how the judgement was reached that the non-disclosure of side letters when registering players, did not render the players ineligible. I'm also interested in how we had a situation whereby no retrospective title stripping could take place, yet a fine for the relevant actions could be imposed retrospectively.

These are the the decisions that were telling at the time and that the latest big tax case finding doesn't really alter. If last week's ruling shines more light on these decisions though, that could maybe make a difference.

There's no doubt whatever though, that nothing can be said to suggest that Rangers "deserve" these titles. They have them on a technicality. All that remains to be seen is how flimsy or otherwise that technicality is.

The phrase "sporting integrity" is so easily dismissed, especially when coming from Celtic.

The notion itself is entirely valid though. It's what this comes down to. If Rangers are allowed to keep titles from the era, the integrity of the sport has quite simply been compromised.

There are no grounds for title stripping, tho I'm sure that some can be rustled up courtesy of integrity FCs fans.

Many months ago in this thread I commented on the authenticity of Dave King's funds, noting that a Real Rangers Man with his supposed wealth could have taken over Rangers at any point in the preceding four years saving them from any number of embarrassments/deaths therein, and that even at that point his delay in even taking over perhaps suggested his wealth didn't exist, or at least he was reluctant to invest anything meaningful. Bereft of warchest, if you will. Benny here told me I was being silly.

Now, where are we many months later? Oh yes, it's all going swimmingly.

There are no grounds for title stripping, tho I'm sure that some can be rustled up courtesy of integrity FCs fans.

Rangers deliberately provided false information to the SFA when registering their players, by failing to disclose the side letters. This meant that the registration was not handled properly. It casts doubt on the registration of these players, an area traditionally treated very seriously by football's authorities.

Grounds for a close look exist. The argument will run however that such an examination has taken place already. What undermines that examination however is the fact that its result was apparently, at least in part, reliant on a decision since overturned. It's also been undermined by the palpably ludicrous claim that accompanied it about "no sporting advantage". That again, has been firmly challenged and discredited in the last week or so.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Seriously, given the total lack of financial stability and King's determination to have a showdown that he can never win with Ashley, I am astounded that there are Rangers fans who still think title stripping is of any importance.

It will be particularly delightful when Rangers have to go with the begging bowl to get the other £5million from Ashley in order to stay solvent. Where else could it possibly come from?