Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

'Green Yins' and 'Currant Buns' both have sectarian underpinnings. 'The Horde', 'The Klan' and 'The Orcs' don't seem to be in the same ballpark - just standard fan-to-fan hatred.

Absolute pish from you. The term 'The Klan' signifies a racist organisation in the U.S.A. It's offensive but it's commonly used by one poster on this forum to attempt to wind up Rangers fans. If the mods on this forum want to be consistent, then the term should be banned, no argument.

Absolute pish from you. The term 'The Klan' signifies a racist organisation in the U.S.A. It's offensive but it's commonly used by one poster on this forum to attempt to wind up Rangers fans. If the mods on this forum want to be consistent, then the term should be banned, no argument.

Any derogatory terms you would accept for/from either side? Or do we all have to play nice?

hello grandda!...a bit late to help your multi banned mates. But as for 'klan' as far as I'm aware it isnt a banned word on this site and if a mod was to tell me it was , I wouldn't be stupid enough as Tedi n Kinky to then use it! And Id be keen to know why a club that defends the singing of the praise of a Klan leader takes offence to being called 'the Klan'?

Hopefully it soon will be banned, end of.

American? The word 'Klan' might be a hint.

I won't accept the term ' The Klan' that's for certain, that ok with you.

I seldom use any catch-all term to cover either of the Old Firm's group of fans so it's no skin off my nose.

I just wonder where it will stop, though. Will it just be one banned term after another until we run out of words? Does anyone have the right not to be offended?

In a break with tradition, I agree with Youngsy on this.

If you put together a list of a dozen terms for Rangers fans (or Celtic fans) and scored off the offensive ones, you could guarantee that the remaining list would be whittled away over the coming months.

'The Orcs' might be 'acceptable' today but, give it a few dodgy associations, someone getting upset about a jpeg or something, and they'd be calling for that term to be banned, too.

Where does it end?

United and Dundee refer to each other as 'The Fun' and 'The Dirty Arab b*****ds' but we don't go running to the mods or, god forbid, the courts to complain.

Genuine question - why do Celtic and Rangers take their outrage to the next level?

You think the fans could have stumped up for the reported £120m tax bill that was supposedly in the post (and then buy the club) when no other investor would touch it with a barge pole!?

The fans continued loyal support has been the only shining light in this whole debacle. It is the sole reason we are still here.

£120 million was probably neyond their reach, but £6 million would have outbid Charles Green.

Also, if they're "aware of their responsibility", why do they persist in sectarian singing which can only damage the club/company. Or is that just a small minority?

American? The word 'Klan' might be a hint.

Why sing 'billy boys' for the last 80 years then?

Do me favour, son. Try and kid many of the posters on here but seriously i know how much of a bigot you are. The word Klan denotes racism amongst all right thinking people throughout the world and i, being part Jewish, for one am not prepared to accept this wording towards myself or any another Rangers fan in a jocular fashion on this forum. Keep going with this and we'll see where it goes.

£120 million was probably neyond their reach, but £6 million would have outbid Charles Green.

Also, if they're "aware of their responsibility", why do they persist in sectarian singing which can only damage the club/company. Or is that just a small minority?

Are you up to speed with the fraudulent conspiracy charges against certain individuals in the last few months?

If you put together a list of a dozen terms for Rangers fans (or Celtic fans) and scored off the offensive ones, you could guarantee that the remaining list would be whittled away over the coming months.

'The Orcs' might be 'acceptable' today but, give it a few dodgy associations, someone getting upset about a jpeg or something, and they'd be calling for that term to be banned, too.

Where does it end?

United and Dundee refer to each other as 'The Fun' and 'The Dirty Arab b*****ds' but we don't go running to the mods or, god forbid, the courts to complainant.rcr

Genuine question - why do Celtic and Rangevbtgnbçrs take their outrage to the next level?

"The fun" ?

Where did that come from

Where does it end?

United and Dundee refer to each other as 'The Fun' and 'The Dirty Arab b*****ds' but we don't go running to the mods or, god forbid, the courts to complainant.rcr

Genuine question - why do Celtic and Rangevbtgnbçrs take their outrage to the next level?

"The fun" ?

Where did that come from

Where does it end?

United and Dundee refer to each other as 'The Fun' and 'The Dirty Arab b*****ds' but we don't go running to the mods or, god forbid, the courts to complain.

Genuine question - why do Celtic and Rangers take their outrage to the next level?

Listen, if ' up to your knees in f----- blood' is classed as offensive, where is the difference about 'up to your knees in Arab blood', as sung at the recent Dundee derby game. Arabs living in Britain may well be offended at that.

Edited by youngsy

The majority of fans reluctantly accepted Green's involvement in good faith ( or some would say duped, fair enough), hindsight is a wonderful thing though now.

I agree sectarian chanting has no place inside our ground or anywhere else for that matter. I believe we have made great strides as a club to eradicate it. That's not to say there isn't still a problem occasionally, we can only keep trying.

There's still plenty of abuse comes the other way though, don't kid yourself it's just our issue. You only have to read some of the stuff posted on here.