Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As you're taking this moralistic stance over phrases such as 'green yins', does this also mean that terms like 'currant buns' and 'The Klan' which are thrown about here just about every day by certain posters are going to be banned from this forum? The term 'The Klan' is quoted on here by one poster in particular on a regular basis, it's a term that is derogatory and offensive, so let's see some consistency of banning on all these phrases or terms of speech by yourself and the other mods.

Strange that you've sat quiet on this for so long. It wasn't that long ago you were happy to just put people who used it in the same category as Phil, nothing more.

Now you want them banned, can't think why your attitude has changed so drastically.

There's still plenty of abuse comes the other way though, don't kid yourself it's just our issue. You only have to read some of the stuff posted on here.

He quite clearly wasn't kidding himself on that its just your issue.

One of the most annoying things is that both of you arse cheeks can't help but drag the other half in to the discussion when ever your fan base gets slated.

Strange that you've sat quiet on this for so long. It wasn't that long ago you were happy to just put people who used it in the same category as Phil, nothing more.

Now you want them banned, can't think why your attitude has changed so drastically.

Only thing i want is the term ' The Klan' banned from this forum, it's racist and as such if poster want to continue to use it then ban them. Simple as that, or maybe you don't mind such a racial term being used across a broad spectrum of posters. As for McGillivan, please shut the f uck up

You think the fans could have stumped up for the reported £120m tax bill that was supposedly in the post (and then buy the club) when no other investor would touch it with a barge pole!?

The fans continued loyal support has been the only shining light in this whole debacle. It is the sole reason we are still here.

Rangers fans have had numerous opportunities to invest in the club. You do realise that this £120m that you mention was money that the supporters should have been paying to watch the EBTers? Anyway it boils down to the same thing. Rangers fans let the club go into liquidation.

Only thing i want is the term ' The Klan' banned from this forum, it's racist and as such if poster want to continue to use it then ban them. Simple as that, or maybe you don't mind such a racial term being used across a broad spectrum of posters. As for McGillivan, please shut the f uck up

See past your rage. Try and answer the question again.

Why is it only now you've got a bee in your bonnet?

The cynics would think you're only just getting round to wanting folk banned for using it, because two of your pals have been asked to take a wee break.

Where's your ire been for nearly 3 years?

I think you are going to have to explain why the term "The Klan" is racist. I know that if you preceed it with Klu Klux then you have a white supremacist organisation but that hardly makes the term racist.

Rangers fans have had numerous opportunities to invest in the club. You do realise that this £120m that you mention was money that the supporters should have been paying to watch the EBTers? Anyway it boils down to the same thing. Rangers fans let the club go into liquidation.

The £120million tax bill that still remains unproven, but it's a little late for that now eh!? The damage has been done!! In no way was that the fault of our magnificent support.

I'd have no problem with banning that term. I can see that it causes you some offense.

Was the connection with the KKK part of the original term, though, or has it just acquired that association because someone, looking to be righteously offended, mentioned it?

If we ever get to the point where United, and our opponents, can't refer to our fans as Arabs, or even as DABs, then that's the point when I give up.

The £120 million is a complete straw man anyway. It's as if nobody has explained the concept of Limited Liability to them.

ETA: Craig Whyte bought Oldco for a whole £1. Rangers fans, in theory, could have bid £2 and that would have been their exposure. £2.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

The £120million tax bill that still remains unproven, but it's a little late for that now eh!? The damage has been done!! In no way was that the fault of our magnificent support.

Dream on. Your magnificant support allowed your club to die. That is the reality.

You must look on with envy at the way Hearts supporters grouped together to save their club whilst you had about 10 arseholes trying to be billy big baws representing about 15 supporters each.

See past your rage. Try and answer the question again.

Why is it only now you've got a bee in your bonnet?

The cynics would think you're only just getting round to wanting folk banned for using it, because two of your pals have been asked to take a wee break.

Where's your ire been for nearly 3 years?

What pals would this be, Dave?

I take it you're speaking of 2 Rangers fans who were banned for some reason. As for having a 'bee in my bonnet' according to you that is, i'm looking for consistency on this board from the mods.

That means, Dave a balanced outlook in everything that is stated in here that can be taken as a sectarian or racist term, as in referring to a Rangers fans as 'The Klan'. That, whether you or any one else likes it is offensive. So Dave, as you're such a paragon of virtue, is the term 'The Klan', against a football support derogatory or not. If the term 'green yins' is contentcious then the same applies to the term ' The Klan'.

What pals would this be, Dave?

I take it you're speaking of 2 Rangers fans who were banned for some reason. As for having a 'bee in my bonnet' according to you that is, i'm looking for consistency on this board from the mods.

That means, Dave a balanced outlook in everything that is stated in here that can be taken as a sectarian or racist term, as in referring to a Rangers fans as 'The Klan'. That, whether you or any one else likes it is offensive. So Dave, as you're such a paragon of virtue, is the term 'The Klan', against a football support derogatory or not. If the term 'green yins' is contentcious then the same applies to the term ' The Klan'.

Still can't answer my question I see.

Not "banned for some reason". It's quite clear why they have been asked to take a break.

especially in Tedi's case.

Edited by dave.j

I think on balance The Klan should be banned. It's a step too far and there's no need for it.

Just curious Youngsy:

1. How many times in the last 10 years have you sang the billy boys, or We Are Rangers?

2. How many Rangers fans have you reported to stewards for singing these songs?

I think on balance The Klan should be banned. It's a step too far and there's no need for it.

Just curious Youngsy:

1. How many times in the last 10 years have you sang the billy boys, or We Are Rangers?

2. How many Rangers fans have you reported to stewards for singing these songs?

Is this what yon Mr X calls whataboutery?

There's still plenty of abuse comes the other way though, don't kid yourself it's just our issue. You only have to read some of the stuff posted on here.

Is this what yon Mr X calls whataboutery?

Yes bennett, exactly that.