Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If this is indeed what Tomo's getting at, we're into a whole new level of unimaginable corruption in the game. :o

Not really. SFL Chairmen voted against a new entrant Airdrie. They had other motives ie to bin Clydebank who were causing them concern. But there was strong rumours that some Chairmens votes were informed by their bank manager who reminded them a message needed to be sent to clubs reforming to avoid debt.

And that was even when no single person was involved in both the new and old entitiies of Airdrie and it wasn't a reformation but a brand new club. In effect they are saying we can afford to lose diddies, but not the real teams.

I wonder where the line is drawn?

Not really. SFL Chairmen voted against a new entrant Airdrie. They had other motives ie to bin Clydebank who were causing them concern. But there was strong rumours that some Chairmens votes were informed by their bank manager who reminded them a message needed to be sent to clubs reforming to avoid debt.

And that was even when no single person was involved in both the new and old entitiies of Airdrie and it wasn't a reformation but a brand new club. In effect they are saying we can afford to lose diddies, but not the real teams.

Fair point. To me it seems to stink more if they are asking clubs to keep IN a basket case club but banks shouldn't have any say in the process either way.

If Rangers coudl prove that they can rise to the top of the pot by coming through the divisions without overspending and within the rules that the rest of the clubs try to operate within then maybe only then will they deserve their place in the SPL

I've been glued to this thread since day 1 and have ploughed through all 19,000 replies.

I'm now going "off the grid" for 6 (six) days solid - God help me when I log back on again next Friday! I don't know if I want the Bad Ship Rangers to have sunk by then or not... :unsure:

The bad ship RFC Titanic reports Icebergs ahead

If Rangers want a line drawn between themselves and the diddy teams then they have to be joking. You can't have one rule for one group and anopther for the rest - that is how a compeition falls apart and clubs lose their supporters.

I fully support young Whitsits plan to stop a newco. Infact we could do with a leader like him to lead us away from a newco and help us overthrow our tyrannical overlords.

Wotsit lead us and we shall follow you. to the ends of the earth

Im going to streak onto the pitch at CP when the first corner is awarded against hearts, with writing on my back in felt marker "Newco my..." with an arrow pointing to my chorus and verse..

that should do the trick.. ????

:barf

Im going to streak onto the pitch at CP when the first corner is awarded against hearts, with writing on my back in felt marker "Newco my..." with an arrow pointing to my chorus and verse..

Just another normal day then.

PS remember the lube ;)

If Rangers want a line drawn between themselves and the diddy teams then they have to be joking. You can't have one rule for one group and anopther for the rest - that is how a compeition falls apart and clubs lose their supporters.

where have you been for the last, well, forever. this is like a narative of scottish football for as long as i can remember.

Apart from getting you on the sex offenders register what do you think that will achieve? :D:D

Fair point. To me it seems to stink more if they are asking clubs to keep IN a basket case club but banks shouldn't have any say in the process either way.

There's a saying that goes something like this.

If you owe the bank a million, you've got a problem.

If you owe them 10 million, they have a problem.

It's all a question of scale.

where have you been for the last, well, forever. this is like a narative of scottish football for as long as i can remember.

Somewhere in the highlands...:lol:

The lack of respect for the rules is what makes a lot of folk sick of what is happening in this narrative - a wee bit or fair and equal application of the rules would be nice.

Somewhere in the highlands...:lol:

The lack of respect for the rules is what makes a lot of folk sick of what is happening in this narrative - a wee bit or fair and equal application of the rules would be nice.

You're in the wrong country, probably the wrong game as well.

is there not a way to bring the problem up for debate in the house of commons. is there not a certain number of people who have to lodge a topic for it to be discussed?

you need a petition with 100000 signatures on it for it to be discussed in the commons, it'd go along the lines of; jocks, football, who gives a flying fox, next.

The worrying trend for me is if we let Rangers away with this we basically agree that we will do anything to keep this pair alive.

I'm not daft enough to not know that money talks and the bad guys usually win, still stinks to high heaven though.

You can pretty much guarantee that if this was any of Scottish footballs other 40 clubs the SFA and SPL would've killed them before now.

Even the fact Rangers have a chance of seeing next season it testament to who they are.

Edited by Gaz FFC