Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The SPL was set up originally to keep the vast majority of the money with the top clubs..It is a league based purely on greed and protecting what they have. If they do vote to demote the Newco it will be a first from them.

If Rangers are demoted it will harm the SPL financially and a few clubs are close to the edge..BUT..it will give the 'other' clubs a chance to change the voting system. It will give the clubs in the lower leagues a huge cash injection and hopefully reinvigorate the SFL..it might bring a small TV deal..it will certainly give the SFL much needed media coverage and might encourage supporters who have drifted away to come back to their clubs.

Rangers supporters will just have to accept the punishment that is handed down. I have been embarrassed by some supporters reactions and claims by people at the club that we are a special case. Gies peace...all i want is to be treated in exactly the same way as any other club.

If we are changing the game and looking to improve it we must also bring in a workable pyramid system..Ross County and ICT are both new ambitious clubs and have been great additions to the senior game. We need to encourage similar forward thinking clubs outwith the senior leagues

You're definately 2 different posters using the same account. A typical bluenose knuckledragger one minute. Level headed and reasonable the next.

Or do you have multiple personalities?

You're definately 2 different posters using the same account. A typical bluenose knuckledragger one minute. Level headed and reasonable the next.

Or do you have multiple personalities?

Exactly my thoughts as well. Untypical Rankgers fan one day, typical Rankgers fan the next!!

By all account the new deal, that they supposedly signed in November 2011 was for 80m (all in), a % would be shared between all 12 clubs, then a payment for each club for live matches. Every week it's either Celtic or Rangers on the box, therefore they collect the biggest % of match day live payments.

In England about 5 years ago (sorry don't know now), the bottom club of the Premiership received 40m, before live match day payment. The SPL whole payment is less than the 2 bottom clubs. That shows you how irrelevant SKY think of Scottish football, we are just a sideshow, like the diddy wrestlers before the main event of Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks. Nobody cares.

This is a f uking joke then. They ( sky) are quite happy to take monthly subs from all over Scotland but put a pittance back in. Ideally , Scots should tell them to stick it but the armchair , Caledonian Premiership lovers never would so this won't change . This pish poor deal could only work if the money was shared out equally REGARDLESS of how many live appearances each club made . All you other ten must realise there is a full time league below yours that is also on its knees and needs a drip feed of cash to member clubs. Very important for you to keep that in mind.

That's not strictly accurate. There is no extra payment to clubs if their matches are shown. The split of money is purely based on league position.

If you got promoted from the 1st Division and had a decent stadium (or an agreement to share with someone), then yes, the SPL would accept you. They let Gretna in.

If you took over Cove Rangers and pumped money into the club, would the SFL let you in?

No problem with the first quote. I though there was an extra payment if it was your team on TV, but if not.....sorry.

Second, why not they let Grenta in as you stated, but not directly in SPL. They had to make their way through the leagues first.

You're going to have to set aside 1 day (at least) to plough through the pages that will accumulate in your absence, it takes me about 30 minutes to 45 minutes to catch up on the overnight posts alone!

I went out the other day for just over an hour and when I came back in there were about 4 pages to read - can't remember which particular deadline/crisis/press statement that was. It's taken over my life, I tell you! laugh.gif

Look grandad, get one of these smartphones. You can follow ever post on Pie and Bovril and even post your own comments no matter where you are (in the world except for the black spot between Dungiven and Draperstown!).

If that sounds difficult I am sure wee Jack will help sort you out. :D

This is a f uking joke then. They ( sky) are quite happy to take monthly subs from all over Scotland but put a pittance back in. Ideally , Scots should tell them to stick it but the armchair , Caledonian Premiership lovers never would so this won't change . This pish poor deal could only work if the money was shared out equally REGARDLESS of how many live appearances each club made . All you other ten must realise there is a full time league below yours that is also on its knees and needs a drip feed of cash to member clubs. Very important for you to keep that in mind.

Sorry to tell you, our/your Scottish subscription is a pittance(in the over all income for SKY), they only want our football to fill the gaps, hence the predicable ( Scottish football) ko times that they set for SPL games. If they were to get a deal for an other league SPL would be kicking of during the night, they don't care. Very sad but true.

It's shit like this that makes me want to give up on Scottish football the human race.

Hugh Ward is the "singer" :angry: who couldn't even remember the words.

The best part was "F*** them all, F*** them all" as he built the excitement.

Couldn't agree more Hugh, couldn't agree more :lol:

1336216974[/url]' post='6203654']

Hugh Ward is the "singer" :angry: who couldn't even remember the words.

The best part was "F*** them all, F*** them all" as he built the excitement.

Couldn't agree more Hugh, couldn't agree more :lol:

Still, and in fairness to the gap-faced trumpet, in three minutes he's held more notes than his beloved RFC have in years.

Jeez what a sickfest on Sky at the start of the game. A Bill Struth rallying call from the grave. Gary McAllister...this club is an institution....aye a feckin mental institution....a bigot institution. Get me a basin!!

Just love this comment from RM :lol:

Declan P. Musters · Galway, Ireland

My nephew Archie asked me to take a look into this. He’s a gay man (if you believe such a thing is possible) but also an accountant. He believes that the situation viz HMRC and (to a much lesser extent) Ticketus can be resolved via asset turnover applied FOB. The gearing would be forecast based on a liquidity ratio plus or minus the net current assets. The share capital could probably be transferred to shareholders’ funds via the t/t. Of course the elephant in the room is you know who if you know what I mean. Does anyone know?

Well if the guy's gay it must be true! :blink::huh::(:D:lol:

Oh well, I suppose 2 promotion/relegation spots is better than one.

Let alone the stadium requirements.

Sorry, remind me when the SFL introduced 2 promotion / relegation spots to and from the Third Division? :unsure:

Let me clarify for you:

The Scottish Football League has NO automatic promotion / relegational WHATSOEVER from its ranks.

The Scottish Football League is a self preserving closed shop.

Edited by Captain_Sensible

I take it reading isn't your strong point.sad.gif

His reading is fine,comprehension's his problem, and being a bit of a knob.

I stand corrected, but I will correct your statement also sir/madam.

Edit - you may be of any gender

Deary me.

When unable to debate the issue, resort to personal abuse.

I'm more concerned with the story of McCoist flying to Tennessee to see Bill Miller next week. Surely MIller should be flying to Glasgow to see McCoist, Duff&Phelps etc.

If McCoist etc go to Miller, then Miller only sees what they take with them? If Miller comes to Ibrox, there's always the chance he'll say "howdy, yes siree, these accounts look ok. Can I look at all those folders in that filing cabinet in that little-old room in the furthest away corner of the stadium too"? Cue awkward silence and much looking-at shoes from McCoist, Haudit & Daudit, etc.

Feckin hilarious. Wee mascot bawlin and greetin going out with Bocanegra.....obviously thinkin... I dont want to be associated or filmed with cheatin b*****ds....lol

Edited by Sting777