Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartThree-UEFAClubLicensing/01%20General%20Provisions%20(2).pdf

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartThree-UEFAClubLicensing/03%20The%20Club%20as%20Licence%20Applicant%20and%20Licence%20(2).pdf

Section 5

ETA relevent SFA documentation which would seem to indicate that SPL clubs do indeed require a UEFA licence awarded to them by the SFA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have reposted what I wrote last night the way I read it, and I am probably wrong, is that FIFA have set a standard for the nation's top flight and that standard is a UEFA licence.

I came to that conclusion by reading 1.6 (objectives) a,b and h.

No doubt, as I said, I am wrong but it is worth someone who understands these things better investigating further.

Thats also how I'm reading it. ie Newco cannot play in the SPL for 3 seasons - so all the controversay over Michael Johnstons comments today is irrelevant.

....but maybe I'm just choosing to read it that way to meet my own needs to see adequate punishment.

From the Scottish Football Association rules on Club Licensing (specifically Part 3, Section 03 – The Club as Licence Applicant and the UEFA Licence). Emphasis ours.

"3.1.1 The Licence Applicant may only be a football club, that is the legal entity fully responsible for the football team participating in national and international competitions and which is the legal entity member of the Scottish Football Association (Full or Associate Member). The licence applicant is responsible for the fulfillment of the club licensing criteria. This membership must have been in place at the start of the licence season for a minimum period of three consecutive years.

[...]

3.3.1 UEFA Licence Awards for Scottish Premier League Clubs (SPL)

A Licence cannot be transferred from one legal entity to another."

NB: "UEFA Licence" does not denote a licence to compete in UEFA competitions, which are governed by an entirely different set of criteria. As the SFA website explains:

"National Club Licensing applies to Scottish FA member clubs and UEFA Club Licensing applies to Scottish Premier League clubs."

In other words, to play in the SPL you must have a UEFA Club Licence, regardless of whether you actually compete in UEFA competitions or not. (SFL clubs, who in normal circumstances wouldn't be expected to qualify for European tournaments, are dealt with separately via an "extraordinary procedure" in the event that they do.)

So, should Rangers FC be subject to liquidation and then reborn as a "newco", the new company would NOT be eligible for the licence required to play in the SPL, for at least three years. Furthermore, it is plainly and explicitly forbidden under SFA rules for such a licence to be transferred from one legal entity (Rangers FC) to another (New Rangers FC 2012). Well, that's that all sorted out, then. As you were.

Doomsday scenario. Where would this leave us?

Imagine if the SPL chairman vote (overwhelmingly) to let the bigots stay. This would obviously destroy any semblance of sporting integrity and would prove that TOF could do pretty much anything and not get get punished.

Then....HMRC/Ticketus or some configuration thereof, manage to stop the charade and rapeepul find themselves simply unable to continue (because they run out of money/don't have players/don't have a stadium/windy pulls out etc.)

Where would we be then?

Doomsday scenario. Where would this leave us?

Imagine if the SPL chairman vote (overwhelmingly) to let the bigots stay. This would obviously destroy any semblance of sporting integrity and would prove that TOF could do pretty much anything and not get get punished.

Then....HMRC/Ticketus or some configuration thereof, manage to stop the charade and rapeepul find themselves simply unable to continue (because they run out of money/don't have players/don't have a stadium/windy pulls out etc.)

Where would we be then?

Where would we be? We would be in a position where we no longer have sport in our top flight but are left with sports entertainment

I don't know about the rest of you but I gave up on wrestling, the most well known form of sports entertainment, when I was 11 years old aand I have no intention of following a sub standard attempt at this genre of entertainment.

The Scottish Premier League are currently considering changing the format of the top tier of Scottish football from a sport to sports entertainment by allowing a new version of the soon to be dead Rangers Football Club access into the league.
Edited by stonedsailor

The SPL was set up originally to keep the vast majority of the money with the top clubs..It is a league based purely on greed and protecting what they have. If they do vote to demote the Newco it will be a first from them.

If Rangers are demoted it will harm the SPL financially and a few clubs are close to the edge..BUT..it will give the 'other' clubs a chance to change the voting system. It will give the clubs in the lower leagues a huge cash injection and hopefully reinvigorate the SFL..it might bring a small TV deal..it will certainly give the SFL much needed media coverage and might encourage supporters who have drifted away to come back to their clubs.

Rangers supporters will just have to accept the punishment that is handed down. I have been embarrassed by some supporters reactions and claims by people at the club that we are a special case. Gies peace...all i want is to be treated in exactly the same way as any other club.

If we are changing the game and looking to improve it we must also bring in a workable pyramid system..Ross County and ICT are both new ambitious clubs and have been great additions to the senior game. We need to encourage similar forward thinking clubs outwith the senior leagues

Are you Andy Goram? Talk about split personalities.

I see Bill Millers hometown station WRBC wrote an article about Millers Bid and calling Rangers an Anti Catholic club,, :lol: :lol: As a result it was contacted by rangers fans telling the how wonderfull rangers are ...and now.....

It's being flooded by everyone else telling them what a bunch of vile scum they really are... :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/search/Wrcb%20rangers

Are you Andy Goram? Talk about split personalities.

I'm just amazed it's taken this long for others to see through him. He started supporting Rangers during their 'what school do you go to' height. What do you expect.

King do us a favour dude, contact that Scots Law fellow and ask him about the UEFA licence being a SFA requirement for playing in the SPL. I cannae be arsed myself.

Hmmm, a job for HibeeJobee.

<_<

I don't know whether I could wade through one of his "a + B > c but on the other hand.....d<F + %" type posts while he painstakingly explains it all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17970336

Rangers manager Ally McCoist in the dark about job future

Rangers boss Ally McCoist has received no assurances over his position from potential new owner Bill Miller.

Miller, who has been named as preferred bidder, plans to transfer Rangers' assets to a new company while the club's existing debts are resolved.

"I've spoken to Bill on numerous occasions," said McCoist after the 0-0 draw with Motherwell.

"He knows that I'd be very keen to do it [remain as manager] but that's his right, if and when he buys the club."

McCoist was promoted to the manager's position last summer after serving as previous incumbent Walter Smith's assistant for over four years.

"If I was buying an organisation, I'd want somebody in that I could trust and I would feel would do a good job," McCoist said.

Use accessible player and disable flyout menus "He'll be absolutely no different."

Meanwhile, McCoist understands the anxiety of fans as they face up to the prospect of a second takeover in the space of just over a year, with the club having entered administration several months after Craig Whyte resumed control last year.

"I think the reaction overall is one of pleasure," said McCoist of the response to Miller's status as preferred bidder.

"But, at the same time, we've been through a lot this season and we've had to pick ourselves up off the canvas a couple of times so we don't want to get carried away.

"It's obviously a step in the right direction because we have been waiting on the step being taken of the administrators appointing a preferred bidder. That has now happened, it's a positive. We just hope it's a step to the club being bought over.

_60057033_mccoist.jpg McCoist said fans' support had been "humbling"

"The supporters are 100% right to be wary, of course they are. After what's happened to the club, everybody's wary.

"What we have to do is support the potential purchaser. I'm the same as the supporters, I just want a happy ending."

Sasa Papac waved farewell to the fans after Rangers' final home match of the season against 'Well, an encounter McCoist described as an "end-of-season game", and the manager is unsure what players he will have to work with should he remain as boss.

Experienced defender Papac will leave when his deal expires this summer and others, like Sone Aluko, are also soon to be out of contract.

And there is a grey area over whether players who are under contract are automatically retained in an asset transfer, with union PFA Scotland believing squad members would have the right to walk away.

"All I understand is that that's not the belief of the administrators," explained McCoist.

"That is obviously up for debate, that might be a legal issue. I don't know but I don't think it's clear-cut at the moment."

McCoist described supporters' backing during turbulent times as "humbling" and thanked the fans, adding: "They have been absolutely fantastic."

I'm sure that nice Mr Miller will give him a job driving one of his tow trucks.

(Maybe one of those towing away Ibrox :lol:)

I can't help thinking that people would feel a little better towards Rangers if they were being a little more humble about their circumstances and not so arrogant.

If the admins had went about their job in the usual fashion and sold off half the team and most of the back room staff, they weren't staying in hotels a 45 minute drive away the night before a game, or wasting money on card displays while small companies go unpaid, people might be more inclined to accept the argument that they should remain in the SPL (albeit with some sort of points deduction/transfer embargo etc).

Well said

I can't help thinking that people would feel a little better towards Rangers if they were being a little more humble about their circumstances and not so arrogant.

If the admins had went about their job in the usual fashion and sold off half the team and most of the back room staff, they weren't staying in hotels a 45 minute drive away the night before a game, or wasting money on card displays while small companies go unpaid, people might be more inclined to accept the argument that they should remain in the SPL (albeit with some sort of points deduction/transfer embargo etc).

Well said

Can't remember who said it

''there are only 3 sports, hunting, shooting and fishing, all the rest are past-times''

Please please please let something come out soon re the double contracts. Now THAT is something that the chairmen etc couldn't wriggle out of doing the moral thing.

Ernest Hemmingway made a similar comment although the sports were completely different!

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

They've been arguing for years that the SPL would thrive if the OF left for another league , now Sally's warning of clubs folding and people losing their jobs if Rangers leave for the third devision....he wasn't greeting when Murray sacked 300 rangers staff overnight without warning when he closed all the rangers shops for the jjb deal.

Edited by THE KING

can anyone help settle a debate?? im sure i heard somewhere among all the phone ins etc that the sky deal doesnt state there must be 4 OF games BUT they must have exclusive rights to the ones that ARE played,, might be going mad but dont think ive read it on here..anyhow , just thinkin how that can be guarenteed if the status quo is continued next season under certain punishments that newco might have../ thanx