Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So none.

I'd hoped that Celtic could be leading the way forward, given our financial muscle when Rangers are liquidated, still hoping that we see this as that opportunity

Only of Celtic are prepared for fairly share league revenues.

Which I assume they wont.

Hmm, the SPL fit next three years are a good as won for Celtic if Rangers are relegated, but the Scottish and League cups are open entry, even from the depths of the third division, you'd expect rangers to still make at least the Quarter Finals.

It's all subject to the squad they can bring together.

When then's an opportunity to get the rules that fit Scottish football rather than two teams, are we that fightened that we want to continue as we have?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/06/rangers-in-crisis-spl-don-t-have-power-to-issue-penalties-if-newco-gets-into-top-flight-86908-23849612/

Rangers in crisis: SPL don't have power to issue penalties if newco gets into top flight

May 6 2012 by Gordon Waddell, Sunday Mail

7FAEB6AA-E2ED-BC48-85937509FA7D2DFE.jpg ibrox stadium large

THE SPL won’t be allowed to hit Rangers with any punishment if they vote to allow their newco back into the league.

Preferred bidder Bill Miller has not yet applied to have the share Gers own in the SPL transferred across from their stricken plc to the incubator club he has vowed to create.

However, MailSport understands that when he does, the SPL have been given strong legal advice they cannot attach conditions to a “yes” vote.

A top QC has been drafted in to examine the league’s articles as they stand. And his belief is that the only options available to them if a transfer of share is requested are “yes” or “no”.

That means they’d not have the discretionary power to grant the transfer while hitting Rangers with a sanction like a points deduction or a cash penalty as a punitive measure.

It could result in Rangers going back into the SPL in August on an even keel and that would spark outrage amongst fans of other clubs, who have pledged boycotts if Rangers go unpunished.

But it’s believed the only conditions which can be applied under SPL articles as they stand are that Gers settle all football debt with other SPL clubs and agree to abide by the verdict of the ongoing probe into the club’s use of EBTs.

The 12 clubs meet tomorrow to vote on Financial Fair Play regulations which were delayed last week.

If passed, they could yet provide the mechanism to sanction Rangers, with the proposals aimed at punishing newco clubs by deducting 10 points at the start of two consecutive seasons, with 75 per cent of SPL revenue also held back for three years.

If approved, these plans will be in place by the end of the season. However, sources within the SPL hierarchy have cast serious doubt on their chances of getting through.

The financial punishment is believed to be the biggest fear for clubs who reckon that, while the Old Firm could cope with that level of loss based on their overall turnover, no other team would survive it.

The other item scheduled for a vote is scrapping the 11-1 voting structure but Rangers and Celtic are both against this idea so change is unlikely.

The subject of a newco Rangers isn’t formally on the agenda – but it’s understood it WILL be discussed.

And Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston yesterday admitted finance could come before sporting integrity.

He said: “SPL members see the commercial benefits of having Rangers, even as a newco. The clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect but the commercial benefits may outweigh that.”

Looks like the b*stards are going to get away scot free. :angry:

Which I assume they wont.

Then get us telt! We cannot pally up with Rangers if they are not here, 3 years to thinks (maybe act) as to what Scottish football could become as opposed to "how do we keep it the same!"

Yorkston first to speak out against Newco Rangers getting admitted to SPL. Will Petrie join him if Hibs lose on Monday?

http://www.scotsman....irman-1-2278327

Yorkston's view is no secret. He has already declared that a newco Rangers, if it ever comes into being, should be denied a share in the SPL. "That's what I will be arguing for, but I do understand that others will look at the financial side, and that will have more sway than sporting integrity. I would guess I'll be almost a lone voice, but it doesn't stop me from having my say."

Fine words by Mr Yorkston but it looks as if it's only words he'll be using tomorrow too. He does not say he will vote against NewCo, only argue against it. I'd rather he took action rather than just talk.

Then get us telt! We cannot pally up with Rangers if they are not here, 3 years to thinks (maybe act) as to what Scottish football could become as opposed to "how do we keep it the same!"

Self interest though. Lawwell will wait for rangers to be cleaned up rather than side with the Diddy 10.

I wouldn't expect him to fo otherwise, there will be no groundswell of opinion from your support for Celtic to engage with the diddy ten either.

Three years of tub thumping triumphalism for you guys, then the duopoly returns.

Of course they will.if they're daft enough to permit a newco then he'll mend them.

Doncaster has laid the course for the rangers snail to slide along, he's emitted all his slime for the succulent lamb mob to disseminate.

Cue much diddy rage, but no one does anything meaningful that's hurt either rangers or the SPL.

Self interest though. Lawwell will wait for rangers to be cleaned up rather than side with the Diddy 10.

I wouldn't expect him to fo otherwise, there will be no groundswell of opinion from your support for Celtic to engage with the diddy ten either.

Three years of tub thumping triumphalism for you guys, then the duopoly returns.

Jesus, does that pessimism runs through all non Celtic and Rangers fans, put Rangers where they should be, and the SPL vote to better Scottish football, I'll moan, but we'll get a more stable game which in the end gives me a better product. I want Celtic to win every single game we play in, I don't want to know that we'll win every single game we play in. It's the essence of the game

Jesus, does that pessimism runs through all non Celtic and Rangers fans, put Rangers where they should be, and the SPL vote to better Scottish football, I'll moan, but we'll get a more stable game which in the end gives me a better product. I want Celtic to win every single game we play in, I don't want to know that we'll win every single game we play in. It's the essence of the game

Celtic's crowds will plummet if rangers are removed from the SPL. Lawwell won't bear the expense of try to compete in Europe whilst seeing home gates of 35,000.

Celtic's crowds will plummet if rangers are removed from the SPL. Lawwell won't bear the expense of try to compete in Europe whilst seeing home gates of 35,000.

Celtic will not contribute to Rangers getting back into the SPL, of that I have no doubt, we've not been able to compete with Rangers since they started this financial madness, mon scared the board methinks. If we have 35,000 fans then so be it

Celtic will not contribute to Rangers getting back into the SPL, of that I have no doubt, we've not been able to compete with Rangers since they started this financial madness, mon scared the board methinks. If we have 35,000 fans then so be it

Nah. Won't happen. It's in celtics interest not to drop rangers.

You guys won't tolerate a repeat of the 'Paul McStay years' where you played the Celtic way, won f**k all and generally went to the games for a sectarian sing song.

Lawell will vote Rangers.

So, they're going to change the rules after the end of this season, but rangers will get around this by transferring the share to a newco before the end of the season. Who the f**k are the fakes playing on Sunday then?

So you'd think Michael Johnstone's commens yesterday would be worthy of some attention, right? Not for Leggo, who is so worried about the involvement of someone with a Catholic name and schooling getting a jjob at Ibrox he's fecked up the formatting of his blog: http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/bill-miller-and-former-celtic-man.html

I can't see how Rangers are going to transfer players contracts and all relevant SFA,SPL documentation in a week before next Satudays fixture that surely would be an impossible task .

Never mind that creditors ( even relativelysmall ones ) could delay that with even a speculative injunction .