Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What a good piece that is, genuinely.

Its sentiments are spot on. The absence of Rangers has made football a better experience for most top flight clubs. It's simply true.

Anyone arguing otherwise, does not know what football is for.

those are the fundamentals that have driven these 6914 pages.

ETA - which points do you disagree with, and why?

every single one of them for obvious reasons - we didnt cheat so none of your other points apply

As I have not followed this whole saga from the start, I would love a simple, even just yes or no answers to the following genuine questions (apologies if they have been covered already, but no way am I am trawling through 6000 pages).

1. If it is proven that nothing was legally wrong with it, do Rangers fans truly believe there was nothing morally wrong about using EBTs?

2. and do Rangers fans truly believe they have paid all their debts out-with the HMRC big tax case?

3. also, if you are the same club, do you feel it is only right and proper that all debts from the oldco are transferred to the newco, since you are essentially the same entity?

*and if the answer is yes to question 2, what happened to the £20M odd Tax bill that Craig Whyte failed to pay after he took over?

Thank you.

1. Yes. Few that I'm aware of are concerned by the morality of such matters.

2. No. I think that belief is pretty much confined to Solitaire.

3. No. Most really do seem capable of the complete doublethink required to divorce club and company in a thoroughly self-serving and unjust way.

Hmmmm this gammon bloke or Roy MacGregor, who see's the true picture?

Roy MacGregor sees a particular view, based on income, such has been his own financial investment.

Football fans however, wish to have occasional memorable moments - chances for their teams to steal rare, precious moments in the sun.

I'm a football fan.

Can you imagine MT, dave.j, Ken Fitlike & shull sitting together in a boozer.

The conversation, when not about Rangers, & the flow of banter would be f*cking excruciating.

You still doing this?

I thought your embarrassing foray into the Queens thread would have been enough.

Don't give a f**k mate.

But I tell you what, why don't you ask the SFA, UEFA, ASA, Lord Nimmo etc., etc., etc.

It's them you need to convince, not us.

Until then, it's Warburton's magic hat and the march to 55.

Do these bodies have views on what Rangers fans think?

That's a surprise to me.

every single one of them for obvious reasons - we didnt cheat so none of your other points apply

Rangers broke rules deliberately to gain advantage.

Would you argue with that? Would you be able to provide a better word for such behaviour than 'cheating'?

What a good piece that is, genuinely. Its sentiments are spot on. The absence of Rangers has made football a better experience for most top flight clubs. It's simply true. Anyone arguing otherwise, does not know what football is for.

yep im sure its been wonderful for you all getting the opportunity to finsh second in a 1 horse race rather than 3rd in a 2 horse race

1. the quality of the football has gone massively downhill, the only reason aberdeen are near celtic is because they have massively downsized

2.scotland has fallen in the rankings

3. you have had less money due to a reduced tv deal which had to include rangers in the lower leagues as no-one cares about the top league without rangers

4. "There’s been top six finishes" like every season

5."and cup runs" ditto

6. "crowds have increased at more than half of the top flight grounds." overall attendance is down by a million since 2011/12 from 2.7 million to 1.7 million in 2014-15

up - st johnstone, dundee united, aberdeen,    down - inverness ct, st mirren, motherwell, celtic, kilmarnock 

partick and hamilton and ross county have masively lower attendances than hearts, rangers and hibs, dundee get more than dunfermline so thats an increase at 4 out of 12 and a decrease in 8 0ut of 12 (if you include hearts this season thats 5 out of 12)

7. "Dundee United, Killie, the Dons and Hibs have wiped their debts - the first three thanks to their chairmen putting their hands in their pockets, the debts would have been less if rangers were in the league, hibs have suffered for it and dundee united will suffer for it next season

adding a few FTFYs

its not in my mind though, ofiically we are the same club check the spfl rangers page, uefa coefficients page, add that to statements from the sfa, sfl , sfa, duff and phelps, bdo, the eca, asa, hmrc, lord nimmo , lord glennie, the stock market etc for confirmation - you dont have one source that is even comparible to one of those

all you have is outdated non expert opinions from newspapers and ex players that have been contradicted by them saying we are the same club since then and a variety of nonsensical arguments that rely on ignoring the actual evidence - and thats it

no amount of bleating from you is going to change that

Edited by nacho

Rangers broke rules deliberately to gain advantage. Would you argue with that? Would you be able to provide a better word for such behaviour than 'cheating'?

nope, we broke one rule and gained no advantage