Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Nearly.

f**k knows, i love this game of guess the arguments that you dummies come out with, if you have an argument to make then make it yourself , the rangers international one is particularly stupid though, bearing in mind celtic have created holding companies in similar situations , perhaps you meant the rangers football club ltd? ;)

celtic gained an advantage by getting coop loans at an interest rate no other football club in scotland could get them at, theyve gained an advantage by having more money to spend than their competitors over the last few seasons, aberdeen gained an advantage by running up large debts and getting their chairman to bail then out etc etc need i go on?

Feel free to go on.

It won't begin to impact however, on the fact that Rangers deliberately registered their players deceitfully, which is against the rules and resulted in a huge fine.

That's your cheating, you see. Right there.

Both prove Rangers 1873 are deed.

Dodo sums up you and the club you supported.

do they? not from anything i have seen , feel free to present your argument though and you made an arse of the second one didnt you :lol:  you meant the rangers football club ltd :thumsup2

No, I meant the Rangers International Football Club. The club you now support.

The Edinburgh Gazette has all the information you need that proves Rangers 1873 are deed.

nope you didnt thicko, the Rangers International Football Club ltd was set up in december 2012 as a holding company, if you are attempting to argue that the club /company are one and the same then the rangers football club ltd would be the company you are referring to, admit it you made an arse of it, or perhaps you have a new and amazing argument you would like to provide showing that we were formed in december 2012? :lol:

as for the edinburgh gazette feel free to explain how it proves rangers 1873 are dead as nothing i have seen from it indicates this

Because as things currently stand, it incurred debts the club wouldn't possibly be able to deal with. Do you seriously not see such a thing as problematic? The real point of this discussion though is that it involved breaking football rules to, in your words " gain an advantage". That sounds a great deal like cheating.

Of course it's problematic and ended up with us hitting the skids.  These are the risks you take.

Our admin shortcomings were unfortunate but LNS dealt with that to everyone's satisfaction as we've discussed 'countless' times.

There really isn't enough material here for you and your odious Applepine pals to get so hysterical.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Do you read it?

you made an arse of the first one didnt you :lol: ignoring it just proves that i was right, ill repeat it and give you another chance

nope you didnt thicko, the Rangers International Football Club ltd was set up in december 2012 as a holding company, if you are attempting to argue that the club /company are one and the same then the rangers football club ltd would be the company you are referring to, admit it you made an arse of it, or perhaps you have a new and amazing argument you would like to provide showing that we were formed in december 2012?

if you have a point to make about the edinburgh gazette state your case with a link, i know what it is

Of course it's problematic and ended up with us hitting the skids.  These are the risks you take.

Our admin shortcomings were unfortunate but LNS dealt with that to everyone's satisfaction as we've discussed 'countless' times.

Well why did you ask what the Hell the problem was, then?

And yet, you've blatantly contradicted what LNS said.

You appear to be in some difficulty here.

Well why did you ask what the Hell the problem was, then? And yet, you've blatantly contradicted what LNS said. You appear to be in some difficulty here.

Nope.  Our use of EBTs was designed to gain an advantage.  Our admin errors weren't.  Gaining an advantage is what every team tries to do and is not a problem.  Clear enough?

these questions have been answered before numerous times

1. yep believe 100% there was nothing morally wrong with using ebts, rangers made the mistake of doing it in house rather than organising tax avoidance schemes after payment like celtic did with the film investment scheme

2. newco is not responsible for oldcos debts so legally all the debts have been paid off (and more since there was no legal requirement to pay off football debts), this happens all the time and there has been little support for the creditors of hearts, dundee, motherwell  and other clubs who went through the admin process who will get roughly the same pennies in the pound as the creditors of rangers will get, rangers fans also paid some of the creditors back out of their own pockets through the rangers fighting fund which to my knowledge fans of the other teams mentioned did not bother to do (22k to dunfermline, the often mentioned face painter was paid back by a rangers fan - its pretty clear that most of you are having a go just because its rangers

3. we are the same club, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind, as for the debts , nope i do not agree they should be transferred over, hundreds of thousands of companies have been through the same process are are not required to pay the debts so the same should apply to rangers

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-fans-decency-fails-inspire-rfc-fat-cats/1190

thanks for being decent enough to answer me properly

It was Nov 2012.

Makes no difference it is the new Rangers.

When an announcement is made, it is made by Rangers International Football Club.

They're Rang2rs.

nope they are not as already explained, would love to hear the lunatic reasoning that we were formed in nov 2012

now about the edinburgh gazette or have you given up on trying to make a point?

Nope.  Our use of EBTs was designed to gain an advantage.  Our admin errors weren't.  Gaining an advantage is what every team tries to do and is not a problem.  Clear enough?

No, that's not at all clear, or accurate.

Rangers knew that this method of gaining an advantage had the potential to land them with a bill sufficiently large to result in liquidation.

They therefore broke football rules by lying about player contracts when registering them.

There is a difference between error and deceit, but that doesn't matter here.

Rangers broke rules in order to conceal something done to gain advantage, that they were not, reasonably, able to do.

Unless of course, you think liquidation was a reasonable path for Rangers to head down.

Hmmm a five year old account, barely used until now, with a familiar posting style......

I haven't posted here much because I have a fairly busy life out-with this football forum (I also don't even live in the UK anymore, but have a passing interest in Scottish footy still)

I am genuinely interested in the details of this case, and what happened to the unpaid bills especially the tax bills since whyte took over. 

but please.. why does the paranoia runs deep with you? you do realise you might be sounding a bit like your victim loving step cousins in the east end of the city?

by the way, if EBTs were legal then I have no massive problem with them...

I am more worried about the bills the oldco didn't pay, yet have got away with by starting up a phoenix club

They were legal in that nobody is going to jail.

Rangers however, failed - as things stand - to operate theirs successfully.

The result is that they owed more tax than they could ever pay.

They were legal in that nobody is going to jail. Rangers however, failed - as things stand - to operate theirs successfully. The result is that they owed more tax than they could ever pay.

I know they played a major part into their eventual death, but what I am asking is what happened to the money owed to HMRC after Whyte took over?

Whyte bought Rangers for £1, but I doubt he spent a penny more on paying the bills, and it seems likely he was used as a pawn to deliberately and conscientiously run Rangers into liquidation, and subsequent debt/guilt free resurrection.

Again, I have not been following the whole saga too closely, so apologies if going over old ground

Clonmel Bhoy, on 10 Mar 2016 - 21:41, said:

It was Nov 2012.

Makes no difference it is the new Rangers.

When an announcement is made, it is made by Rangers International Football Club.

They're Rang2rs.

Nacho the horrible little oik is correct here.

RIFC are indeed the holding company, and RFC (formerly known as Sevco Scotland) are the new club. Rang2rs, as you put it.

it clearly isnt as every court case has stated

Here is the UKs biggest Accountancy sites view...

"This latest ruling by three judges at the Court of Session upholds HMRC's position and renders the EBT arrangement illegal.

The appeal was heard by Lord Carloway, sitting with Lord Menzies and Lord Drummond Young."

Oh dear ...illegal .

Edited by THE KING