Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I see the proposal in the budget that any EBT type loans which haven't been repaid by April 2019 will be taxed. And if the company liable for the tax can't pay it, the individual employees will have to stump up.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tackling-disguised-remuneration-avoidance-schemes-overview-of-changes-and-technical-note/technical-note

Example 5 in chapter 5 and chapter 6 for the second bit.

Haven't they been punished enough?

I see the proposal in the budget that any EBT type loans which haven't been repaid by April 2019 will be taxed. And if the company liable for the tax can't pay it, the individual employees will have to stump up.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tackling-disguised-remuneration-avoidance-schemes-overview-of-changes-and-technical-note/technical-note

Example 5 in chapter 5 and chapter 6 for the second bit.

So how does this affect the big tax case? If old rangers win will Ogilvie etc have a lovely tax bill to look forward to?

Severe drop in sevco posts following Ally McCoist MBE's confirming that the new Rangers are indeed a new club.

It must really have knocked their belief structure given his pivotal role in selling the clumpany myth.

#prayforbillydodds

I can just imagine the conversation,

Billy Dodds "Mr King I have a tax bill from when I played for Rangers, can you pay it for me?"

DK has two possible replies, "Aye no bother Billy" or "No this Rangers you've no"

Friday, 18 March 2016, 11:51
by Rangers Football Club

WE are pleased to advise that the appeal by Charles Green against the decision of the Lord Ordinary to dismiss his application to have Rangers International Football Club PLC meet the expenses of the criminal proceedings brought against him has been refused.

Lady Dorrian, Lord Bracadale and Lord Malcolm sitting in the Inner House of the Court of Session unanimously reached this decision.

Rangers Chairman Dave King stated: ‘I am delighted by this decision. When the new board was installed last year we made a commitment that we would protect Rangers interests at all times and hold those who damaged our Club to account. This was already evidenced by our success in dealing with the frivolous litigation launched by Sports Direct against the Club and myself – including punitive cost awards in our favour.’

Mr King added: ‘We are unsurprised but delighted that this latest court success brings to an end the unjustifiable claims by Charles Green. He is now totally responsible for the cost of defending himself in the criminal case brought against him for his dealings with the Club. Furthermore, we will vigorously pursue Charles Green for recovery of the legal costs that we incurred including the £50,000 lodged with the Court as a caution.’

Friday, 18 March 2016, 11:51

by Rangers Football Club

WE are pleased to advise that the appeal by Charles Green against the decision of the Lord Ordinary to dismiss his application to have Rangers International Football Club PLC meet the expenses of the criminal proceedings brought against him has been refused.

Lady Dorrian, Lord Bracadale and Lord Malcolm sitting in the Inner House of the Court of Session unanimously reached this decision.

Rangers Chairman Dave King stated: ‘I am delighted by this decision. When the new board was installed last year we made a commitment that we would protect Rangers interests at all times and hold those who damaged our Club to account. This was already evidenced by our success in dealing with the frivolous litigation launched by Sports Direct against the Club and myself – including punitive cost awards in our favour.’

Mr King added: ‘We are unsurprised but delighted that this latest court success brings to an end the unjustifiable claims by Charles Green. He is now totally responsible for the cost of defending himself in the criminal case brought against him for his dealings with the Club. Furthermore, we will vigorously pursue Charles Green for recovery of the legal costs that we incurred including the £50,000 lodged with the Court as a caution.’

So is this now confirmation that the club went tits up and a new entity was formed?  If I remember correctly, that was the basis of this particular case.

So is this now confirmation that the club went tits up and a new entity was formed?  If I remember correctly, that was the basis of this particular case.

"Now confirmation"

thought you already had confirmation of this ? So why the desperation and continuing search

And the answer to your question is no

"Now confirmation"

thought you already had confirmation of this ? So why the desperation and continuing search

And the answer to your question is no

"now confirmation" would be the correct phase.  In the continual FIFA, UEFA etc. it has been continually pointed out that no court had determined one way or other.  So the question is, will the judgement provide confirmation that the club and company are the same thing.  Even you will understand the relevence of this.

So, yet again, it is proved that this is a new club. This judgement joining the ruling by FIFA over the TUPE rebels' international clearance, the CAS ruling on TimiÅŸoara setting precedence and many other snippets of info showing that the new club argument is correct.

Nice to have further confirmation.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 11:51by Rangers Football Club

Thanks for more confirmation its a new club...cheers.