Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Were I so unfortunate as to be a diddy I'd be raging that this bill was given to Sevco.  This is because I can do joined-up thinking.

It was one of the conditions of the new club being preferentially placed in the 4th tier.  Pretty simple stuff kinky.

I know how it came about, of course.  That The Diddies aren't in foment about it, though, remains a mystery. 

I know how it came about, of course.  That The Diddies aren't in foment about it, though, remains a mystery.

Oh we've become used to the behaviour of this despicable new club.  There's no point getting in a lather about the fact that this has yet to be paid, vermin is as vermin does.

But the point you made I dealt with, there is nothing non-conterminous with this fine being leveled at dead rangers and new rangers agreeing to pay it and Sevco being a new club. If anything it re-enforces the claim.

As an aside I understand foment is a verb so surely it should be "That the Diddies aren't fomenting"

As an aside I understand foment is a verb so surely it should be "That the Diddies aren't fomenting"

We all (well some) ken that words have domains of meanings and can sometimes be used a verb-types or adjectival-types.  The best way to illustrate this is through the following, which uses a similar word along the lines you suggested:

The Diddies are in revolt.

The Diddies are revolting

We all (well some) ken that words have domains of meanings and can sometimes be used a verb-types or adjectival-types.  The best way to illustrate this is through the following, which uses a similar word along the lines you suggested:

The Diddies are in revolt.

The Diddies are revolting

Yes I see how that makes sense for revolt. Not sure it works so well for foment. Unless you are implying that the Diddies should be bathing in warm or medicated lotions (see google). 

Unless you are implying that the Diddies should be bathing in warm or medicated lotions (see google). 

I've no doubt it would make them less revolting but you are, perhaps, getting in a foment about this.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I just love the fact that Kincardine's sitting reading Tedi's excuse, biting his tongue.

The pedant says call him out on it. The bear at heart says, stick together boys.

Oh DJ.  Shame on you!  Would I treat those who Follow Follow any differently to the other posters?

Oh DJ.  Shame on you!  Would I treat those who Follow Follow any differently to the other posters?

Aye.

Clearly you would. Unless you are still writing up a cutting put down for Tedi?

The estimable Tedi doesn't need my hauners to get you lot in a lather*.  He does it by dint of his own insight and prowess.

* Lather.  Sometimes a verb and sometimes a noun.  I expect Tashybhoy to come along and correct me.

So I did not say 'All' before 'The' then, thank f**k we sorted that one oot, may have helped if you had taken more time to read the post though.

Would you prefer I had part quoted the article that I posted in response to being called a liar, or is that a tactic you would prefer to keep all to yourself?

But you are a liar.  Of that there is no doubt.

Let's take a look at the post that started debate.

Not at all.

I stated the RFFF had paid off all Rangers outstanding fees to small businesses.

I stand by that...any debtor save HMRC has been paid.

The firms on your list....are legal firms with costs due to do BDO litegation on behalf of RangersOldco.

They are all legal costs...accrued on behalf of BDO, in fighting HMRC on behalf of the Oldco.

My point therefore (unsurprisingly) stands. :thumsup2

This was the only reference made to the RFFF paying off creditors.  Now note the word before Rangers - ALL

Now in your haste to white knight a fellow bear, you may not have read it in as much detail as you should have before making your claim that we had already been told that they had been paid, when in fact we had been told that they had ALL been paid.

This was the reason that I asked for a definition of "small", a question that has, as yet, went unanswered. 

You are now trying to change the context under which your reply was made.  Not unsurprisingly given what a rip-roaring c**t you have made of it.

The estimable Tedi doesn't need my hauners to get you lot in a lather*.  He does it by dint of his own insight and prowess.

* Lather.  Sometimes a verb and sometimes a noun.  I expect Tashybhoy to come along and correct me.

Just f**k right off with your grammar bollocks.  Some of us have more important things to discuss.

Edited by strichener

I've no doubt it would make them less revolting but you are, perhaps, getting in a foment about this.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/foment

Both foment and ferment can be used to talk about stirring up trouble: he was accused of fomenting/fermenting unrest. Only ferment can be used intransitively or as a noun: his anger continued to ferment (not foment); rural areas were unaffected by the ferment in the cities

I know this is off topic but it appears I am right, so girfuy and of course it goes without saying that rangers died, so get that up you too.

But you are a liar. Of that there is no doubt.

This was the only reference made to the RFFF paying off creditors. Now note the word before Rangers - ALL

Now in your haste to white knight a fellow bear, you may not have read it in as much detail as you should have before making your claim that we had already been told that they had been paid, when in fact we had been told that they had ALL been paid.

This was the reason that I asked for a definition of "small", a question that has, as yet, went unanswered.

You are now trying to change the context under which your reply was made. Not unsurprisingly given what a rip-roaring c**t you have made of it.

So basically because Tedi didn't use an adjective of quantity, to correct the previous poster, it is correctly determined that he is agreeing with him that all were paid.

I know how it came about, of course. That The Diddies aren't in foment about it, though, remains a mystery.

You mean 'ferment', not 'foment', ya daftie.

ETA as I now see that some others have pointed out.

It's funny when a smart arse gets exposed as not that smart.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

You mean 'ferment', not 'foment', ya daftie

No foment could make sense just not as an intransitive, obviously.  Fairly basic know-it-all-smarmy-c**t type stuff :)

I am fully prepared to be shown that I'm wrong but in that case I'll just have the opportunity to show how much of a superior human being I am compared to Tedi. Winnity win win for me mate.

But you are a liar.  Of that there is no doubt.

This was the only reference made to the RFFF paying off creditors.  Now note the word before Rangers - ALL

You are now trying to change the context under which your reply was made.  Not unsurprisingly given what a rip-roaring c**t you have made of it.

:lol: What is wrong with you?