Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Be a wear, Bears.  Wee Strictly has his dander up.

Well you can always help by showing proof of all these small creditors getting paid.

I am sure that eventually one of you bears will have sufficient intergity to admit that Solitaire was actually just spouting pish (backed up by Tedi's white knighting and Benny's deflection).

In fairness, Solitaire needs called out on the claim more than Tedi does.

Ted's slight mistake however was to make his support for the claim implicit.

His massive mistake was to labour away on here today, suggesting that he didn't do any such thing.

I'm glad though. It's hilarious when he looks like a petulant wee lad who's once more got it hopelessly wrong.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Well you can always help by showing proof of all these small creditors getting paid.

I am sure that eventually one of you bears will have sufficient intergity to admit that Solitaire was actually just spouting pish (backed up by Tedi's white knighting and Benny's deflection).

All this and no mention of debentures?  You're losing the plot, Strictly.

FTFY  Honestly what does it take for a bear to admit that he's wrong these days?

Not an accusation that can be levelled against me, china.  When I make an arse of things I admit it - as many will testify.

On fomentgate, though, I am squeaky clean.

Edited by The_Kincardine

In fairness, Solitaire needs called out on the claim more than Tedi does.

Ted's slight mistake however was to make his support for the claim implicit.

His massive mistake was to labour away on here today, suggesting that he didn't do any such thing.

I'm glad though. It's hilarious when he looks like a petulant wee lad who's once more got it hopelessly wrong.

I tried but Solitaire was too thick to understand what the BDO figures were telling him. 

Not an accusation that can be levelled against me, china.  When I make an arse of things I admit it - as many will testify.

On fomentgate, though, I an squeaky clean.

What is an squeaky clean? :huh:

Edited by strichener

On fomentgate, though, I am squeaky clean.

Well you haven't cited any evidence and I have. Not that this is critical to the discussion or anything but along with the intransigent theodore I would opine this lack of self-awareness and dare i say it pride-fullness ruling over grace, decency and sense pretty much frames the problems all bears have and undermines all of your arguments. Discuss.

Well you haven't cited any evidence and I have. Not that this is critical to the discussion or anything but along with the intransigent theodore I would opine this lack of self-awareness and dare i say it pride-fullness ruling over grace, decency and sense pretty much frames the problems all bears have and undermines all of your arguments. Discuss.

You're confusing using lots of words with using an apposite word.  This comes as no surprise.

No just foment can't be used as a noun.  You're confusing using big-boy words with being right.

So you've spent this evening to lead up to this then, chappy?  Should we put this post in a box and have your fellow fans in a revolt about it?

Imagine the audacity of folk using verb-types as noun-types?  English speakers would be in a flummox if this was allowed to continue.

Not sure why you're so upset. We all make mistakes.

English is a very complex language and the only real rule is that there are hundreds of exceptions to these rules. Like foment.

I have to say I would be deeply disappointed in you (as would we all I think) if your only counter argument to Collins statement that foment cannot be used as a noun is "aye it can."

That would be poor from you, I expect much better.

Not sure why you're so upset. We all make mistakes.

English is a very complex language and the only real rule is that there are hundreds of exceptions to these rules. Like foment.

You're confusing exceptions with style.  Most plurals end in 's'.  Those that don't are exceptions, child/children, seraph/seraphim, eg.

Using verb-types as noun-types is markedly different and a well-trod stylistic path..  I've already mentioned box, revolt and flummox as examples we're all familiar with.  Foment belongs to this category.  That you and your Shine-swilling pal aren't familiar with it has hee haw to do with me.

You're messenger-shooting here, chap.

Edited by The_Kincardine

You're confusing exceptions with style.  Most plurals end in 's'.  Those that don't are exceptions, child/children, seraph/seraphim, eg.

Using verb-types as noun-types is markedly different and a well-trod stylistic path..  I've already mentioned box, revolt and flummox as examples we're all familiar with.  Foment belongs to this category.  That you and your Shine-swilling pal aren't familiar with it has hee haw to do with me.

You're messenger-shooting here, chap.

I'm not shooting any messenger here chap I am merely quoting the one tome whose opinion I would take over yours in the realm of language, the Dictionary.

Look if this is small-talk, Pygmalion-style banter, then fine Eliza, nae bother.  But for someone who clearly prides himself on his command of the spoken as well as written word I would have thought that you'd be able to swallow your pride, accept constructive criticism and concede that on this occasion you're wrong?   Or at least supply corroborating evidence, just like what I did.