Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I stated, "If we failed treasury rules then we should pay,"

How much more responsible do you think I should say we should be?

The new club has never held any responsibility for the EBTs though has it?

Who is employing artifice now?

The new club has never held any responsibility for the EBTs though has it?

Who is employing artifice now?

You're asking my opinion and I'm giving you a candid reply as two blokes on a message board.  Don't do the pathetic diddy thing of projecting BRALT chat as gospel.

The Sheep did ok as did DUFC but Rangers under Wee Dick around 1998-2000 played magisterial football.

Eerily, last time I was up in Scotland we had a similar discussion in the pub. Steins Celtic won hands down, with Dundee Utd second and Scott Symons early sixties Rangers side third. 3 Rangers fans, 2 'Well fans, and a Celtic fan were the voters. The '75 Well side got one vote.

Nah.  I'm 56 and a wee bit of sildenafil citrate sees you all right.

Ooops, you're an Arab and ken hee haw about scoring ;)

Unlucky, Kinky.  

I've never had any problems in that department.  Not boasting.  Well, maybe just a wee bit.

You're asking my opinion and I'm giving you a candid reply as two blokes on a message board. Don't do the pathetic diddy thing of projecting BRALT chat as gospel.

I have not.

As I think we may be getting crossed wires I shall rephrase.

If Rangers Football club's former players get landed with tax bills for their time playing with Rangers do you agree that the current operators of said football club should pay said bills? If those players' bills are not met by the current operators, as it stands Rangers are liable for the EBT income tax until such time as the Supreme Court has ruled otherwise (or not), do you agree we are dealing with a new club situation?

Eerily, last time I was up in Scotland we had a similar discussion in the pub. Steins Celtic won hands down, with Dundee Utd second and Scott Symons early sixties Rangers side third. 3 Rangers fans, 2 'Well fans, and a Celtic fan were the voters. The '75 Well side got one vote.

How're you doing, Lippy?

Good post and I know you're old enough to remember Stein's Sellick, same as me, though I'm too sprightly to recall Rangers in the early 60s under Symon and when The Slim Yin was in his pomp.

I still maintain that the football played under Wee Dick was the best I've ever seen from a Scottish club side.

That is a cop out because you, I and the rest of the posters on this thread know that the current Rangers were founded in 2014 and have absolutely no ties with the players who received EBTs.

Those players never plied their craft for Rangers. They plied their craft for RFC2012 plc. (Formerly The Rangers Football Club) ergo they never won a thing for Rangers.

Got to disagree about current Rangers founding date

It was 2012

I have not.

As I think we may be getting crossed wires I shall rephrase.

If Rangers Football club's former players get landed with tax bills for their time playing with Rangers do you agree that the current operators of said football club should pay said bills? If those players' bills are not met by the current operators, as it stands Rangers are liable for the EBT income tax until such time as the Supreme Court has ruled otherwise (or not), do you agree we are dealing with a new club situation?

One more question to add then I shall leave you alone....

If you do not agree, should the stated scenario come to fruition, that we are dealing with a new club situation how would you feel that those who sweated, bled, and fought through the pain barrier to give you third hand glory were left out to dry by the club you so dearly love?

Got to disagree about current Rangers founding date

It was 2012

Thanks. Apologies to the bears but they can't even get their original club's foundation date agreed upon themselves 1872 maybe 1873, who knows?

What was the furthest you got in Europe during that time? I remember Rangers getting to a second group stage in the Champion's League, back when such a thing existed. Did you get to the knockout rounds at any point?

I'll have some of what you are having. It's Friday night after all.

Unlucky, Kinky.  

I've never had any problems in that department.  Not boasting.  Well, maybe just a wee bit.

In footballing parlance a wee touch of sildenafil citrate gets you beyond the semi.

You're then welcome to make a Hibs of it ;)

In footballing parlance a wee touch of sildenafil citrate gets you beyond the semi.

You're then welcome to make a Hibs of it ;)

No idea what you're referring to.  Proud and erect since '61.

Better than your mob  8)

How're you doing, Lippy?

Good post and I know you're old enough to remember Stein's Sellick, same as me, though I'm too sprightly to recall Rangers in the early 60s under Symon and when The Slim Yin was in his pomp.

I still maintain that the football played under Wee Dick was the best I've ever seen from a Scottish club side.

Fair play mate, but I never got the feeling I was watching something special when I watched Wee Dick's team.

My Dad always said the Rangers side of the early sixties was the best. I think Stein took it to another level though, the fact that they dominated at a time when our league was, arguably, at its strongest speaks for itself. I was fortunate enough to be watching a lot of football at that time, my formative years.

Fair play mate, but I never got the feeling I was watching something special when I watched Wee Dick's team.

My Dad always said the Rangers side of the early sixties was the best. I think Stein took it to another level though, the fact that they dominated at a time when our league was, arguably, at its strongest speaks for itself. I was fortunate enough to be watching a lot of football at that time, my formative years.

Have a look at League structure and Celtics record during the nine, and imagine it in an internet era.

He would've been hounded out after Feyenoord, if not before then.

It was the best of times, before FIFA and Playstation's and phone ins meant idiots got a voice.