South Park

Cityfan

On second viewing, it was better. Was listening to a South Park podcast this afternoon and they describe the show now as being Trey Parker’s vlog. Also, it’s been renewed for another three years.

A more immediately appealing episode this week, although still not exactly brimming with jokes. Randy goes off to sell Tegridy to the Chinese while Stan's band debuts at the Autumn Fest. The band stuff was quite amusing especially towards the end. B-/C+ type episode, IMO.

11 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Caught up with the 3 new episodes with the China one being the best by far.  Mickey Mouse chatting in Chinese had me in stitches!

That episode is genius! Mickey Mouse calling Winnie the Pooh a fat diabetic bear made me pish myself laughing 😂😂

Here it is here https://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/clips/9b3e5s/a-fat-diabetic-bear

• 5 weeks later...
Haven't they done "political correctness has gone mad" about seventy times, now? It's as original and interesting as Homer Gets A New Job stories. 

They said that after the series (20 or 21) that was just one big long story that they were becoming bored with the show. It’s clear they’re just going through the motions at this stage. It’s a shadow of its formal self.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me this was the best series for a good number of years.

I liked how they went a total different direction instead of the usual narrative. A lot of folk seemed disappointed with this, but it was probably necessary to change it up a bit as the previous couple series felt a bit same-y.

Highlights for me were, but not exclusive to, Randy getting caught with marijuana at the Chinese customs, Mickey Mouse speaking Chinese and slating Winnie the Pooh, the Tegridy Christmas snow...

Been watching series 15 quite a lot recently, especially the Broadway Bro down episode. I just love the bit where Randy goes for a drink at Wicked, returns to the show and the penny drops that they are signing about blowjobs 😂