The X Files

Busta Nut

Yeah I was very disappointed. Xfiles went on for years holding on to the mystique of the unexplained and the first episode of the new series the writers decide to unravel the whole alien conspiracy theory. Pish.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was very disappointed. Xfiles went on for years holding on to the mystique of the unexplained and the first episode of the new series the writers decide to unravel the whole alien conspiracy theory. Pish.

I kind of agree but then mythology grew arms and legs. Black oil, double agents, bees, alien bounty hunters, etc etc. I saw this as an attempt to simplify the formulae whilst also making a clean start point for people who have never seen the show. If we had to start where the show ended with invincible super soldiers and an end of the world date to explain then it would have been too much cannon to reiterate.

There is still a conspiracy involving aliens, abduction, UFOs and cigarette smoking men so I'm happy so far.

I kind of agree but then mythology grew arms and legs. Black oil, double agents, bees, alien bounty hunters, etc etc. I saw this as an attempt to simplify the formulae whilst also making a clean start point for people who have never seen the show. If we had to start where the show ended with invincible super soldiers and an end of the world date to explain then it would have been too much cannon to reiterate.

There is still a conspiracy involving aliens, abduction, UFOs and cigarette smoking men so I'm happy so far.

None of that was explained anyway though, was it?

got halfway through last nights episode then just thought "f**k this",from my perspective its time to let sleeping dogs lie I think

It was really poor, wasnt it? The premise was just really weak and unoriginal and the "flashbacks" to the kid were cringe worthy. Still not exactly sure what they were supposed to be about. The kid seemed quite old but they said they'd given him up for adoption. He looked about 10(?) but its only been 7 years since the movie(?)

I was in a kink last night, mostly just because "Murray out of Conchords" is hilarious, but also in a kind of wtf is going on here kind of way.

Stock room scene was interesting, some tremendous acting and dialogue there.

I like how Murray from Flight of the Conchords makes a career out of playing Murray from Flight of the Conchords.

Archived