The X Files

Busta Nut

Just watched the first episode...

The whole 2012 thing is explained away by the fact that there never really was an alien conspiracy but there was a conspiracy against the world. It was always a group of humans behind it the whole time using alien technology as they seek world domination. I have mixed feelings about it but I'm happy the show is back and looking forward to seeing where they take the rebooted conspiracy.

did it explain the weird guys with their eyes and mouths closed over who were hunting the alien hybrids created on earth?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did it explain the weird guys with their eyes and mouths closed over who were hunting the alien hybrids created on earth?

It would seem that anything related to an alien takeover of Earth like the alien bounty hunters and black oil were just red herrings to disguise the real conspiracy. Yea, it does feel like bit of a kick in the balls as someone who invested a lot of time watching the original series.

I always thought the comedy episodes were amongst the strongest. Really looking forward to seeing these new ones.

I did too. Glad they've brought them back. Hopefully there aren't so many explosions anymore - once they got the movie profits, the special affects became ludicrous.

Watched the first episode last night. Cant say I was hugely impressed, all a bit meh.

Im far from convinced by this whole "global organisation" cover up conspiracy. It might sound like a strange thing to say when talking about the X-files but its stretching things a bit far. The fact that he's been "played" for over 10 years but now suddenly, on the back of one guy, finds the "truth" doesnt really make sense either.

Im predicting its either going to unravel the story in a clever way and turn out pretty good or its going to be utter horse

Watched the first episode last night. Cant say I was hugely impressed, all a bit meh.

Im far from convinced by this whole "global organisation" cover up conspiracy. It might sound like a strange thing to say when talking about the X-files but its stretching things a bit far. The fact that he's been "played" for over 10 years but now suddenly, on the back of one guy, finds the "truth" doesnt really make sense either.

Im predicting its either going to unravel the story in a clever way and turn out pretty good or its going to be utter horse

Agree with this. Wasn't hugely impressed with the first episode. As you say, I find it difficult to believe that it took nine seasons to unravel the 'truth' however it's all debunked in a matter of minutes.

I also found it annoying that Mulder, Scully, and Tad O'Malley kept randomly meeting up at Sveta's house.

Still, the next few episodes are, by all accounts, much better. Fingers crossed!

Thought the first episode was a bit silly and far-fetched (the obvious subject matter aside), but probably necessary to establish this new mythology and context. Sounds like it gets better in subsequent episodes so I'll stick with it.

Disappointed that it looks as if it was just a guest appearance from Joel McHale rather than him being a regular cast member. Any show would be improved by regular appearances from Jeff Winger IMO.

Also, how has Gillian Anderson managed to be more attractive now than she was 20 years ago? I'm impressed.

Just watched episode 1 and in struggling to remember a poorer first episode of any show I've watched recently. Some of the dialogue was utterly chronic and the acting from some of the supporting cast wasn't much better.

Overall it felt horribly dated for me.

Archived