Community

the jambo-rocker

ABC have had one decent comedy I can think of

I'm getting off topic, but I quite like the majority of ABC's comedies.

The Middle and Modern Family aren't as good as they were but are still better than the majority of shows out there and are still rating monsters.

Happy Endings - Favourite show after Community

Suburgatory - has a lot of great talent on it and has grew into a very funny show, it's really surprised me just how good it is (E4 are showing this soon I believe)

Don't Trust The Bitch in Apartment 23 - Really strange start but has been solid since and starting to show promise (starts on E4 on Thursday)

The only comedies on other networks that compare or come close to these imo are Raising Hope (FOX), Community (NBC), New Girl (FOX), BBT and HIMYM (both CBS) although the last 2 are reaching the end of their life cycle.

Although, I must point out that I still watch Two And A Half Men post-Charlie Sheen and still find it funny, which probably makes my opinion on comedy null and void! :P

Edited by cityfan

The two guys they're apparently bringing in are Moses Port and David Guarascio who have been involved in Happy Endings(as producers) and they wrote(with two others) the IT Crowd. Those are two funny shows but they're not weird enough(IT Crowd is a bit) as Community. Happy Endings is funny but mostly standalone episodes. There's no longevity in it, despite it's funniness.

Sadly it was the god-awful US version of the IT Crowd.

I really fear for Community.

Sadly it was the god-awful US version of the IT Crowd.

I really fear for Community.

Oh shit you're right, I didn't really investigate the IMDb page for it but wondered why I didn't really recognise the stars(I thought Joel McHale would've been in the top 3 for the American one since he plays Roy in it)

Yeah, I can see the cast kicking up a lot of fuss about it. Alison Brie(Annie) tweeted this earlier:

tumblr_m4aoow42s51qmevzq.gif

And this blog post has a bunch of supportive tweets from cast/crew; my link

Happy Endings - Favourite show after Community

Ah I didnt realise Happy Endings was ABC, I thought that was FOX. The other ones though I dont like.

CBS or NBC are probably still the best for comedies, 30 Rock still manages to amuse me (I know, right?!?! :o) and I love BBT, Two and a Half Men (just as good post-Sheen, if not better) Rules of Engagement and HIMYM.

Edited by Stewbo

Two and a Half Men (just as good post-Sheen, if not better)

:lol: I thought I was the only one!

I just watched the episode with a pen stealing monkey in an air vent, do we see more of it?

Oh yes.

tumblr_lk1fykf1UN1qa37hco1_500.gif

Ah I didnt realise Happy Endings was ABC, I thought that was FOX. The other ones though I dont like.

CBS or NBC are probably still the best for comedies, 30 Rock still manages to amuse me (I know, right?!?! :o) and I love BBT, Two and a Half Men (just as good post-Sheen, if not better) Rules of Engagement and HIMYM.

CBS also has the Mentalist which is quite funny at times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't know he wrote for 30 rock, I know he (and joel mchale) chip in with stuff for Community but I don't think they're listed as writers.

His music is fantastic, great debut album ("Camp"), I urge anybody who enjoys rap music to give it a listen if you haven't already

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...