Islam Feruz

If by 'just turned 18' you mean he is now closer to 19 then you are right.

I never said he wouldn't play an EPL game just that top players would have at least made a subs appearance by now.

Ronaldo had already played a load of games for Sporting Lisbon before he signed for Man Utd including European games.

Using other guys as examples of how players get a chance in the EPL is contradicting your own argument, it suggests Feruz is not good enough. Granted Chelsea aren't known for blooding youngsters but they haven't been shy about loaning out their top prospects in the past.

Of course he would and he might even have some real game experience behind him, what age is Liam Henderson?

Apologies, thought his birthday was January for some reason. Still 18 years old and 6 months, hardly past it in regards to becoming a top player. Ronaldo had played 25 games for Sporting Lisbon, but like I was trying to say they are nowhere near the same level as Chelsea. And no it's not? It's saying to look at where other EPL players were at the same time in their careers. To put a cap on when a player can't become a top player at 18 is just ridiculous, Bale was shite for a while at Spurs. And Chelsea knocked back loan offers for him.

It's the club he finds himself at, not his ability as to why he isn't getting game time or breaking into the team. To say he isn't going to be a top player because he isn't getting a game for Chelsea at the moment is daft, and to the person who said he wouldn't even get an appearance in the EPL that is just an absolutely ridiculous thing to suggest at this stage in his career. I hope he gets a move and a chance. 1st time I saw him as a 14 year old in the Victory Shield you just knew he had the potential to go very far in the game.

Hmmm. Not great then. I honestly had high hopes for these two. Both still very young, especially Harper so no panic yet. But safe to say Feruz will need to get out of Chelsea within the next year or so otherwise he's in danger of wasting his potential.

Islam Feruz was born on September 10, 1995 in Somali, Somalia. He joined Celtics youth setup, aged 10, after being discovered by coach John Simpson playing in a kick-about at the Castlemilk sports centre.

The youngster had a troubled start to life in the UK. Initially his family left their home country because of violence and fled to Glasgow via Yemen and London, but after a few years in Scotland they were threatened with deportation.

Feruzs family were able to stay in the country after a personal plea from late Celtic legend Tommy Burns. He went on to spend the majority of his childhood in Scotland and declared his allegiance to the country, representing them at Under-17 and Under-19 level.

A notable highlight was his hat-trick against Switzerland in Scotlands 4-3 win in October 2012, before he became the Under-21s youngest ever player at the age of 16.

Like a lot of youth transfers there was some controversy surrounding Feruz's move to Chelsea. After rejecting professional terms at Celtic, he was able to move to the Blues for only £300,000 compensation because of a flaw in the legal system.

At the time, it was reported that Feruz had signed a contract worth £2,500 a week. Feruz was widely talked about in coaching circles prior to his Chelsea move the club beat a host of other Premier League clubs to his signature.

2012 brought Feruz his first taste of success in England, as he played centre-forward in the Youth Cup-winning side. He scored two goals in the FA Youth Cup first leg in April of that year as Chelsea won the trophy for the second time in three years.

He continued to improve in 2013 as he finished the NextGen series as the joint top-scorer of the tournament, bagging seven goals and scoring against the likes of Barcelona, Juventus and Arsenal.

Feruz is regarded as one of the best young players in the country. Jose Mourinho is a big fan and included him in the first team squad for their pre-season tour of Asia.

Feruz signed a new deal at Stamford Bridge, tying himself to the club until 2018. Rumours of a loan move have surfaced, but with Chelsea's strikers misfiring for the majority of the season (apart from the recent mini revival) the 5ft 4in pacy striker could even find some minutes in the first team before the season is out.

Most recent article I could find on him from the 29th January 2014.

Islam Feruz was born on September 10, 1995 in Somali, Somalia. He joined Celtics youth setup, aged 10, after being discovered by coach John Simpson playing in a kick-about at the Castlemilk sports centre.

The youngster had a troubled start to life in the UK. Initially his family left their home country because of violence and fled to Glasgow via Yemen and London, but after a few years in Scotland they were threatened with deportation.

Feruzs family were able to stay in the country after a personal plea from late Celtic legend Tommy Burns. He went on to spend the majority of his childhood in Scotland and declared his allegiance to the country, representing them at Under-17 and Under-19 level.

A notable highlight was his hat-trick against Switzerland in Scotlands 4-3 win in October 2012, before he became the Under-21s youngest ever player at the age of 16.

Like a lot of youth transfers there was some controversy surrounding Feruz's move to Chelsea. After rejecting professional terms at Celtic, he was able to move to the Blues for only £300,000 compensation because of a flaw in the legal system.

At the time, it was reported that Feruz had signed a contract worth £2,500 a week. Feruz was widely talked about in coaching circles prior to his Chelsea move the club beat a host of other Premier League clubs to his signature.

2012 brought Feruz his first taste of success in England, as he played centre-forward in the Youth Cup-winning side. He scored two goals in the FA Youth Cup first leg in April of that year as Chelsea won the trophy for the second time in three years.

He continued to improve in 2013 as he finished the NextGen series as the joint top-scorer of the tournament, bagging seven goals and scoring against the likes of Barcelona, Juventus and Arsenal.

Feruz is regarded as one of the best young players in the country. Jose Mourinho is a big fan and included him in the first team squad for their pre-season tour of Asia.

Feruz signed a new deal at Stamford Bridge, tying himself to the club until 2018. Rumours of a loan move have surfaced, but with Chelsea's strikers misfiring for the majority of the season (apart from the recent mini revival) the 5ft 4in pacy striker could even find some minutes in the first team before the season is out.

Most recent article I could find on him from the 29th January 2014.

Some amount of shite in it though.

I would say by 18 you should have at least made your first team debut regardless of what level you're playing at.

The real top players certainly have, I'd be very surprised if any of them had only played reserve football by the time they were 18.

Total nonsense. At Barcelona alone, Xavi was 19 when he made his debut, Marc Bartra was 19, Sergio Busquets was 20, Cristian Tello was 20, Carlos Puyol was 21, Pedro was 21.

I'm afraid you're talking out of your hoop. Feruz and Harper both have plenty of time to make a breakthrough in to their first teams, they're not even fully developed adults yet.

I just don't think Feruz has the physical attributes to make it in England, he could if he worked hard for it (like May), but its been fairly well reported during his career hes not a grafter

Total nonsense. At Barcelona alone, Xavi was 19 when he made his debut, Marc Bartra was 19, Sergio Busquets was 20, Cristian Tello was 20, Carlos Puyol was 21, Pedro was 21.

I'm afraid you're talking out of your hoop. Feruz and Harper both have plenty of time to make a breakthrough in to their first teams, they're not even fully developed adults yet.

Agreed, did terry not make his Chelsea debut till he was 22 or something. Ian Wright wasn't even playing professional till then also.

I just don't think Feruz has the physical attributes to make it in England, he could if he worked hard for it (like May), but its been fairly well reported during his career hes not a grafter

Have you watched him? He's a stocky wee b*****d, seen him a few times and he easily held his own! How physical do you have to be in England like? Look at someone like Adnan Januzaj!?! He's like a Bairn physically, plenty more like that in the EPL too, your talking out yer hoop bud! ;)

Have you watched him? He's a stocky wee b*****d, seen him a few times and he easily held his own! How physical do you have to be in England like? Look at someone like Adnan Januzaj!?! He's like a Bairn physically, plenty more like that in the EPL too, your talking out yer hoop bud! ;)

You have to be an athlete to make it in the EPL. Only exceptional talents break the mould. Feruz is neither

You have to be an athlete to make it in the EPL. Only exceptional talents break the mould. Feruz is neither

So someone like McGeady is an exceptional talent/athlete? :lol: or how about Charlie Adam? Give Islam Feruz a google image search or actually watch some of his goals and come back and tell me he isn't an athlete. And like is have said in here, he clearly is a huge talent going by his statistics. Talk shite.

Obviously talking Feruz up as a future star before he's even played a competitive game is premature, but dismissing him just now is equally as ridiculous. As for his athleticism, he's quite clearly physically well developed for his age, much more so than any other Scottish player in that age group I can think of. I'm also struggling to think of many Scottish players with more natural pace. He also has plenty of natural talent going by some of the goals he's scored for the Chelsea youth/reserve teams.

Here's the most recent article I could find on Feruz: http://thechels.net/2014/03/feruz-pressing-for-improvements/ . The follow-up comment is particularly interesting. It suggests that Feruz has struggled to adapt his game after gaining muscle mass.

Obviously talking Feruz up as a future star before he's even played a competitive game is premature, but dismissing him just now is equally as ridiculous. As for his athleticism, he's quite clearly physically well developed for his age, much more so than any other Scottish player in that age group I can think of. I'm also struggling to think of many Scottish players with more natural pace. He also has plenty of natural talent going by some of the goals he's scored for the Chelsea youth/reserve teams.

Here's the most recent article I could find on Feruz: http://thechels.net/2014/03/feruz-pressing-for-improvements/ . The follow-up comment is particularly interesting. It suggests that Feruz has struggled to adapt his game after gaining muscle mass.

That article, from a Chelsea website may I add completely throws out everything people on here have said about him. Great talent/finisher, very hard working, physically superb and calls for him to get 1st team games. Random guys comments on here that he isn't 'physical enough' have been absolutely ridiculous you can tell he's never watched him.

Are you at it?! :lol: