Islam Feruz

Need for England fans to be on our pages having a pop at our football is zero

Especially after how only bad luck presented us from not getting a result against them

Would not mind if they had a clue about what they were talking about but they have not

You would never catch me on any of there sights but they are obsessed with ours

What's he now? 18? He should be making the bench for some Chelsea games towards the end of the season IMO. Definitely League Cup games next season if not.

Needs to get out of Chelsea either permanently or on loan if he has any dreams of first team football IMO. Wiki has his position as a striker and at the moment Chelsea only play with one up top. Eto'o, Torres, Ba, Lukaku to come back & that Schurle, or however you spell it, who played up front against Manchester United. He has no chance of playing even in the league cup. That's not including any players they buy in the next few transfer windows.

• 4 months later...

Any updates on this kid? Probably a few years off anything for the first team but is it out of the question him being loaned to another Prem/Championship/League 1 club next season?

I'm led to believe that a few championship teams enquired about him but Chelsea refused to loan him out.

I'd be surprised if he turned out half as good as people on here seem to suspect. He'll be lucky to play a EPL game in his career

I'd be surprised if he turned out half as good as people on here seem to suspect. He'll be lucky to play a EPL game in his career

You base this on? For someone that has only recently turned 18 to be scoring the amount of goals he has in the under 21s league and Next Gen (kiddy champs league) is no bad going at all, you are absolutely daft to say that to be honest, I mean Robert Snodgrass was playing for Stirling at that age!! :lol:

Look at the Scottish boys playing there now aswell, how many were 17/18 and playing for first teams in Scotland? Never mind one of the biggest teams on the planet!

Anybody got any idea how the Scottish boy Jack Harper is getting on at Real Madrid? I think he was playing for the junior B side or something, he must be 17/18 nowadays?

He was approaching 16 but then hit a slump and declined back to 14....

Sorry, I'm bored :ph34r:

You base this on? For someone that has only recently turned 18 to be scoring the amount of goals he has in the under 21s league and Next Gen (kiddy champs league) is no bad going at all, you are absolutely daft to say that to be honest, I mean Robert Snodgrass was playing for Stirling at that age!! :lol:

Look at the Scottish boys playing there now aswell, how many were 17/18 and playing for first teams in Scotland? Never mind one of the biggest teams on the planet!

I would say by 18 you should have at least made your first team debut regardless of what level you're playing at.

The real top players certainly have, I'd be very surprised if any of them had only played reserve football by the time they were 18.

I would say by 18 you should have at least made your first team debut regardless of what level you're playing at.

The real top players certainly have, I'd be very surprised if any of them had only played reserve football by the time they were 18.

What a lot of nonsense, he has just turned 18, and I was replying to the point that he will be lucky to ever play an EPL game, like I said look at Scottish players in the EPL, how many of them had broken into the 1st team proper at SPL clubs never mind one of the worlds biggest? Like I said Snoddy was playing for Stirling Albion.....

Feruz is playing for a side who can realistically buy anyone and that demands instant success, of course its a monumental task to break into that team at such a young age, Ronaldo made his debut at the same level for Manchester United 3 months away from his 19th birthday.... not saying he will be as good as him at all but what I am saying is you have to take things and look at them in perspective.

Feruz is probably at the worst club for bringing youth through, look at Gallagher, Barkley (although hes much older) Bentaleb, Sterling, Sanogo off of the top of my head all getting chances in other EPL sides. And as has been pointed out Championship sides were wanting him when he was only 17 and Chelsea refused, for whatever reason. To say he will never play an EPL game is outrageous though especially when you look at some of the players who play in it at the moment week in week out, wonder where alot of them were when they had just turned 18 years old.

And if Feruz was at Celtic still he would have made his first team debut ages ago aswell.

Anybody got any idea how the Scottish boy Jack Harper is getting on at Real Madrid? I think he was playing for the junior B side or something, he must be 17/18 nowadays?

If I remember correctly, he signed a 5 year contract about a year ago. There are people that have high hopes for him but you never know with Real.

What a lot of nonsense, he has just turned 18, and I was replying to the point that he will be lucky to ever play an EPL game, like I said look at Scottish players in the EPL, how many of them had broken into the 1st team proper at SPL clubs never mind one of the worlds biggest? Like I said Snoddy was playing for Stirling Albion.....

Feruz is playing for a side who can realistically buy anyone and that demands instant success, of course its a monumental task to break into that team at such a young age, Ronaldo made his debut at the same level for Manchester United 3 months away from his 19th birthday.... not saying he will be as good as him at all but what I am saying is you have to take things and look at them in perspective.

Feruz is probably at the worst club for bringing youth through, look at Gallagher, Barkley (although hes much older) Bentaleb, Sterling, Sanogo off of the top of my head all getting chances in other EPL sides. And as has been pointed out Championship sides were wanting him when he was only 17 and Chelsea refused, for whatever reason. To say he will never play an EPL game is outrageous though especially when you look at some of the players who play in it at the moment week in week out, wonder where alot of them were when they had just turned 18 years old.

If by 'just turned 18' you mean he is now closer to 19 then you are right.

I never said he wouldn't play an EPL game just that top players would have at least made a subs appearance by now.

Ronaldo had already played a load of games for Sporting Lisbon before he signed for Man Utd including European games.

Using other guys as examples of how players get a chance in the EPL is contradicting your own argument, it suggests Feruz is not good enough. Granted Chelsea aren't known for blooding youngsters but they haven't been shy about loaning out their top prospects in the past.

And if Feruz was at Celtic still he would have made his first team debut ages ago aswell.

Of course he would and he might even have some real game experience behind him, what age is Liam Henderson? Edited by Tommy Nooka