Guinea Pigs Required

I need folk to test out my new WAP site I've just finished puting together. You can find it at ictmobile.co.uk on your mobile. Obviously this will be of no interest to people who don't support ICT but I was hoping that you might check it out as a favour. It is very difficult developing such a site as each phone has a different browser so obviously I can't ensure it's gonna work on every phone.

I developed it on my Nokia 7610 and it looked great. Then I tried it on my fiancee's Motorola V525 and nothing worked. I had to take out all the tables to get it to work on her phone.

All I'm really looking for is that you're able to access the site, the pages look ok, and if you'd be so good as to download one of the wallpapers and let me know if it works.

Let me know the nature of any problems you find, what type of phone you've got and any other information you feel might be relivant.

Many thanks,

Tormod

The main site is working fine on my Sony Ericsson T630. Downloaded the badge wallpaper though, and it doesn't want to load up, I'm just getting a red cross.

I have a Sony Erricson K700i.

Although I didn't try to connect, I'm sure your site will be pish :P

462763[/snapback]

Harsh! :lol::lol::lol:

I can't actually get it at all on my phone - not because of a problem with your site more just that Samsungs are pish when it comes to WAP.

Guest whosyirdaddy
Possibly ;)

My phone is a compnay one & they don't allow us to connect to WAP sites.

Don't know how they do that though!

463128[/snapback]

Just get newest settings sent to your handset and you may be fine :unsure:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think the problems with the wallpapers are because the images are quite high quality. They were taken by a photographer and I kept the quality as high as possible when I cropped and shrunk them. I have had problems when sending images to people before as their phones aren't capable of displaying images with such depth.

I think it's relevant to the quality of your camera in a roundabout kind of way. I'm guessing that the people you are having problems have cameras with around 0.3 megapixels. I believe those with 0.9 megapixels and above should have no problems.

Basically, yer phones are pish :lol::P

I may try reducing the quality of the images slightly. Thanks for the feedback guys. It's much appreciated.

PS. Div, you should advertise your webspace. I would recommend it.

Archived